Solstice Greetings!

Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:30 PM
Stan Gula

Default Solstice Greetings!

Not specifically for wayno:
shamelessly filched from an anonymous poster on the Internet

From me ("the wishor" ) to you ("hereinafter called the wishee" ): Please
accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low
stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, (or summer solstice in the southern hemisphere) practiced within
the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or
secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
religious or secular traditions at all... and a financially successful,
personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset
of the generally accepted calendar year 2004, but with due respect for the
calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of
computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal

This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be
made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor
are acknowledged.

This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of
the wishes.

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the
restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain
jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within
the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this
wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our
Savior", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or
alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this
greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and
images are hereby acknowledged
--

Raise a cup in celebration of longer days! Best wishes.
Stan Gula

Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:36 PM
Scott Seidman

"Stan Gula" wrote in
:

Not specifically for wayno:
shamelessly filched from an anonymous poster on the Internet

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall
be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of
the wishor are acknowledged.

That clause (would that be a Santa Clause?) seems to give you total
filching permission. Nothing shameless about it

Scott
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:07 PM
Roger Ohlund

"Stan Gula" wrote in message
Not specifically for wayno:
shamelessly filched from an anonymous poster on the Internet

From me ("the wishor" ) to you ("hereinafter called the wishee" ): Please
accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low
stress, non-addictive...snip...celebration of the winter solstice.

Raise a cup in celebration of longer days! Best wishes.
Stan Gula

Wow Stan, what do you suggest I put in the cup?
Remember it needs to be non addictive.

/Roger
On the other hand......nothing addictive to a single malt is there?

Cheers!

Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:32 PM
Allen Epps

In article , Greg Pavlov
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:07:48 +0100, "Roger Ohlund"
wrote:

/Roger
On the other hand......nothing addictive to a single malt is there?

You're right: we all secretly know that the
stuff is vile, that no man in his right mind
would waste time drinking it, least of all
making it, but we do so for appearances'
sake. Things could be worse: imagine if we
had a Bud drinker among us ?

Oh' the humanity

Allen
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Stan Gula

"Roger Ohlund" wrote in message
Wow Stan, what do you suggest I put in the cup?
Remember it needs to be non addictive.

/Roger
On the other hand......nothing addictive to a single malt is there?

Cheers!

I'm partial to a good strong winter ale. I have a case of Long Trail
Hibernator to take me through the holidays. And a good 15 year old single
malt to back that up.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
Tim J.

"Stan Gula" wrote...
shamelessly filched from an anonymous poster on the Internet

From me ("the wishor" ) to you ("hereinafter called the wishee" ): Please
accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low
stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, (or summer solstice in the southern hemisphere) practiced within
the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or
secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
religious or secular traditions at all...

Merry Christmas to you, too.

and a financially successful,
personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset
of the generally accepted calendar year 2004, but with due respect for the
calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of
computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

Same to you, my friend. And since you have a case of very fine ale and some 15
YO OPS, I love you, man!
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
Scott Seidman

"Stan Gula" wrote in
:

"Roger Ohlund" wrote in message
Wow Stan, what do you suggest I put in the cup?
Remember it needs to be non addictive.

/Roger
On the other hand......nothing addictive to a single malt is there?

Cheers!

I'm partial to a good strong winter ale. I have a case of Long Trail
Hibernator to take me through the holidays. And a good 15 year old
single malt to back that up.

You might find some of the better barleywines attractive, too.

This Atkins diet is killin' me-- no beer, but as much of the hard stuff as
I want.

Scott
Old December 23rd, 2003, 01:15 AM
George Adams

From: "Stan Gula"

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal

This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be
made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor
are acknowledged.

I have forwarded your greeting to my legal advisors at Dewey, Cheatam, and
Howe, for clearance prior to answering. Since they are unlikely to render a
decision prior to the Vernal Equinox, let me tentatively wish you an acceptable
solstice within the parameters you previously stated.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Old December 23rd, 2003, 01:30 AM
Lennie Richardson

"Stan Gula" wrote in message
Not specifically for wayno:
shamelessly filched from an anonymous poster on the Internet

neo-pagan legalese claptrap snipped d;-D

Raise a cup in celebration of longer days! Best wishes.
Stan Gula

In English:
Merry Christmas, Stan!!!

You, the horse you rode in on, and this entire crew of fine ladies and
gentlemen!!!