Walleye last weekend

Old August 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Russ K

Default Walleye last weekend

This is what is in Lake Ontario.

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
fganje

"Russ K" wrote in message
This is what is in Lake Ontario.

Hi Russ.... that is a nice fish, and there seems to be a great mystery here
as more photographs of walleye without the white markings on the tail appear
in this website.
Are these fish really Zander? The zander also has a more pronounced lateral
line and some other difference in markings. See this website:

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/fishingmon...sh.html#zander

I live in North Dakota and this state stocked Zander in two lakes but
discontinued the program because of fears of cross breeding and that the
Zander would displace the walley population. Any more information on this
would be welcome.

Frank

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Russ K

Frank not being a fish biologist I can not say for sure if this is a Zander
or a walleye.The State of new York stocks Walleyes in Lake Ontario and that
is were we are catching these fish the average weight for a day will run
around 6 to 9 lbs with an occasional 13 lb . There is another specie of
Walleye caught in Lake Oneida,Ny and they are a much smaller fish.
Russ