An Evening on a Bass River

Old July 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default An Evening on a Bass River

"Cee Dee" wrote in message
See how easy it is to miss the point on another great George report?
Don't try to cover tracks, Wolfgang, you are guilty too.

If memory serves (and it generally does.....well enough) George is from
somewhere up around Minnesota or Wisconsin or some such God-forsaken inbred
blight on the American intellectual landscape. I've been through there a
couple of times.....there ain't much to miss.

Living in MT, I know wolves won't attack humans,

Well, see, that's the problem......most of us don't live in MT. How could
we possibly know?

I feel honored when I hear them howl while camping,

I suspect that most of us would. Trouble is, they don't camp much in our
neighborhood.

and I know that no true wilderness is
truly wild without the howl of a wolf.

Yeah, Antarctica is a seething cesspit of cosmopolitan urbanity, I hear.

However, I still see most of you
missed the beauty of George's post to jump at the chance to bicker.

So, you actually swallowed that crap, huh? Those weren't wolves in that
recording. I ran it through an audio analyzer. It was a 4 (maybe as much
as 6) year old Boston terrier and a 2 year old Jack Russell.

Stop ruining it, dolts.

Can't make us!

Most of us know the science and nature of the wolf.

Sure, go ahead, rub it in our faces! Is it OUR fault that some of us can't
afford cable?

The beauty of his post (again) was the emotion he felt

Well, yeah, that MAY have been emotion.......but a bad case of gas looks
much the same. It's pretty hard to tell the difference in a text based
medium, sometimes.

and the
great detail he went into to relay a great human experience with us.

Maybe so, but I still think he just makes this **** up.

Sorry you missed it.

No problem.......I'll catch it when the DVD comes out.

Thanks again George.

Yeah. Ditto that.

Wolfgang

Old July 11th, 2007, 05:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Cyli

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:28:41 -0600, (Cee
Dee) wrote:

See how easy it is to miss the point on another great George report?
Don't try to cover tracks, Wolfgang, you are guilty too.

Living in MT, I know wolves won't attack humans, I feel honored when I
hear them howl while camping, and I know that no true wilderness is
truly wild without the howl of a wolf. However, I still see most of you
missed the beauty of George's post to jump at the chance to bicker.

Stop ruining it, dolts. Most of us know the science and nature of the
wolf. The beauty of his post (again) was the emotion he felt and the
great detail he went into to relay a great human experience with us.
Sorry you missed it.

Thanks again George.

George lives within a very few hundreds of miles of some places in
the U.S. where wolves never had to be re-introduced to get them back
in nature. They'd never gone away. MT can't say the same. They
killed all their wolves a long time ago and have only a few recent
decades of re-introduction and breeding up for their experience of
wolves.

The wolves he saw were almost certainly descended, in the wild, from
wolf packs that have always lived in the wild. They've just gotten a
bit of room to spread out now. His wolves don't have any funky Alaska
flown in by the DNR genes. If they've got, and they probably have,
some Minnesota genes, those genes got to his area the honest way. By
walking on four paws.

George knows that most of us appreciate him. The others just haven't
been paying attention or haven't met him and his very nice wife yet.
He also, sometimes for less than understandable reasons, seems to
appreciate many of us. It's a strange world, after all.... (betcha
someone will get an earworm out of that last sentence.)
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli