wf for 10 weight ticr

Old June 24th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Steve Sullivan

Default wf for 10 weight ticr

So far, the choices I have been given are
1) SA mastery steelhead wf in 10 weight
2) orvis salmon wf in 11
3) orvis salmon wf in 12 (I think this would be a bad idea).

A fly shop has said that the sa steelhead would be the best choice, and
the orvis salmon would be the second best.

I tried a 9 weight wf on a 7 weight ticr and it was kind of heavy. Any
thoughts on a line that is better than the SA or Orvis?
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Rob S.

Steve Sullivan wrote in message ...
So far, the choices I have been given are
1) SA mastery steelhead wf in 10 weight
2) orvis salmon wf in 11
3) orvis salmon wf in 12 (I think this would be a bad idea).

A fly shop has said that the sa steelhead would be the best choice, and
the orvis salmon would be the second best.

I tried a 9 weight wf on a 7 weight ticr and it was kind of heavy. Any
thoughts on a line that is better than the SA or Orvis?

well, what reel did you go with?
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM

Try a SA Extra Distance line in the weight of the rod, have cast that line
on the rod mentioned in a 5 wt, 8 wt, and 10 wt which great results.
Also the best line I have fished on a Sage 8 wt TCR.
You only want to overline a rod when you're fishing in close (to correctly
load the blank), underline a rod when you must keep a lot of line in the
air.
This line will throw 60 ft rollcasts on the 5 wt.
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Harry

The RIO Clouser line casts exceptionally well over the Ticr. It'll put a few
yards on any cast with it and can still deliver a nice soft presentation if
needed. Turns over bigger flies really well and can be used to punch out
decent casts directly into a the wind. I run it against the bass bug taper
and a few others, but it was miles out front in every aspect.

Cheers,
Harry