course packet

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:24 PM
snakefiddler

Default course packet

wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:52:12 -0500, Cyli wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:49:27 -0400, "snakefiddler"
wrote:

Hi. Rebecca,

(snipped)
Jennifer Cohen-Jordan
women in appalachia

Snake, this sort of thing just won't happen if you stop using Outlook
and go over to a real newsreader and a real email program. Try Free
Agent (it's free) for newsreading and try Pegasus or Eudora for email.

Well, whadayaknow...those programs will override a deliberate
"accidental" post to a newsgroup?

so, lemee get this straight. you are accusing me of deliberatly posting
this message to roff? to what end? so all of roff can know i am currently
without a pot to **** in? not the kind of thing i worry too mcuh about
putting out there, but not something i brag about either. god, you're a
cynical one, aren't you?

Oh, and lest anyone start accusing me
of "laying on" good ol' snake's ass, I find particularly interesting the
inconsistent use of caps - for example, header vs. body.

i consider my general e-mail, and my newsgroup postings to be of a more
casual nature than something i would post to one of my instructors.
sometimes my habit of typing the latter in a said manner spills over into
more formal messages, and i don't always catch the errors. BFD

Oh, sure,
there'll be all sorts of defenders and white-knighting, but IMO, "snake"
is a perfect handle...

HTH,
...and how come the "oops, screwed up..." emails are never the boring,
meaningless-to-anyone-else emails

you find my e-mail to my instructor interesting? get a ****ing life........

snakefiddler

like "Hon - I'll go by store if you
get laun - rem. party @ M and J's Fri nite - don't forget S's soccer
game 8/28 - luv ya, K"...

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:27 PM
snakefiddler

"Mark Bowen" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Snake
As a starving student many many moons ago, my Grand Dad said to me,

"Johnny
there's only two reasons for having that Winchester 30-30. One is to

shoot
that big buck under the apple tree and the other is to hock it at the

pawn
shop when you need cash at school". Expect a fly rod and reel would

work
today.

He also said that he kept a half pint of Goood Smooooooouth sipping

whiskey,
around just for medicinal purposes. Yep, said he felt poorly purt near

all
the time!

Good luck!
John

I expect you'd have top pry her flyrod and reel from her cold dead hands,

before she'd
be willin' to part with them!

mark

right you are , mark!

snake

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:31 PM
snakefiddler

--

a nice little smile inducing read.
thanks, john

snake

Remove FLY to reply
"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Hi. Rebecca,
My financial aid has not been made available to me yet. the f.a. office
said that my bank should have it available to me in the next couple of

days.
Meanwhile, with just $50 to my name right now, I am unable to purchase

the
packet. I am hoping that I will be able to get the packet in time to do

the
reading for Thursday, but I am a little concerned about it. Are there

any
other resources through which I might access the reading?

Jennifer Cohen-Jordan
women in appalachia

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:42 PM
snakefiddler

wrote:

Hi. Rebecca,

(snipped)
Jennifer Cohen-Jordan
women in appalachia

Snake, this sort of thing just won't happen if you stop using Outlook
and go over to a real newsreader and a real email program. Try Free
Agent (it's free) for newsreading and try Pegasus or Eudora for email.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

thanks, minnow goddess - think i might give it a try.

snake

Old August 25th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Allen Epps

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:52:12 -0500, Cyli wrote:

snipped

Snake, this sort of thing just won't happen if you stop using Outlook
and go over to a real newsreader and a real email program. Try Free
Agent (it's free) for newsreading and try Pegasus or Eudora for email.

Well, whadayaknow...those programs will override a deliberate
"accidental" post to a newsgroup?

snipped

R,
You simply configure MS Lookout to go to your mail account and the
newreader to go to the news account and keep them separate that way.
It's not foolproof but if you have to switch apps to do functions it'll
cut down on the chances of a mistake.

I use Thoth for newsreading and Mozzilla for mail.

Allen