So, OK, he's for change, he gives Chris Mathews a feeling "up his leg," and...

Old February 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Default So, OK, he's for change, he gives Chris Mathews a feeling"uphisleg," and...

On Feb 18, 1:25*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Simple, Joe. *Impeach the *******. *But if you do, impeach Kerry at
the same time. *Real easy.

It's a testament to my limited understanding of politics that I don't
know why that has not happened. And it's gotta be politics, because
the facts are clear enough. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised
if a Repub brough it up. Bush's taking approval ratings killed the
GOP in 06, yet they seem happy to ride him off a cliff again in '08.
Hey, I'm just a simple engineer; what do I know. I gave up politics
more than 10 years ago.

Pelosi is a home town girl (she's a D'Alessandro, the daughter of the
late Baltimore mayor, Tommy D'Alesandro, Jr.); but that's not enough
for me to forgive her inaction. Her statement and position that
"impeachment is off the table" has infuriated the D base that put her
in the Speaker's chair. I truly have no idea WTF; but the more I look
into it, the more frustrated I get with the whole pantload of 'em.

Kerry, well, whatever he did didn't happen while he was in office, so
that part's a non-starter.

Joe F.
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:46:12 -0800 (PST), rb608
wrote:

[...]

Occam's Razor: simple mathematics: The current majority party enjoys merely
218 of the 435 total seats in the House, and only 49 of the 101* seats in the
Senate...

/daytripper (*counting the traitor Cheney)
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:42:57 -0600, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

You ever wonder how life might be different if you had any idea of what you
say?

Ya ever wonder why you are so short and couldn't keep those shiney new
nickles in your pocket at the playground? Those bullies did a tap
dance on you and now you're mad at the world.

Davie
(who hasn't been around Wolfie in a few years, but the last time he
was found him smelling like a binjo ditch)

Old February 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Feb 18, 1:59*pm, daytripper wrote:
Occam's Razor: simple mathematics: The current majority party enjoys merely
218 of the 435 total seats in the House,

Huh? The D's have had a working majority since the 2006 elections.
(233/202). With recent resignations & deaths, the current breakdown D/
R is 231/198. Were you subtracting the DINOs?

Joe F.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

news
wrote:

You ever wonder how life might be different if you had any idea of what
you
say?

Ya ever wonder why you are so short

I stand 5 feet nine inches (officially, last time I measured......may have
given in some to gravity since then). Never wondered why. You ever wonder
why you have to settle for the stale leavings of kennie's feeble attempts at
insults?

and couldn't keep those shiney new nickles in your pocket at the
playground?

Didn't have any shiny new nickels in my pockets at any playground. Any
nickels I got in my playground years were traded for various goods (some of
which still claim bits of my income) at any number of local mom and pop
stores that littered the landscape of those days like a minefield for any
kid armed with a few coins to unload.

Those bullies did a tap dance on you

I've only had real trouble with one bully in my life. That was a long time
ago, and it had nothing to do with small change that was too hot for me to
hold onto anyway. Meanwhile, I've been tapped a few times, but never danced
on.

and now you're mad at the world.

Nah, the world is mad at me. Well, the little bits of it here that seem to
think there really is something wrong with finding amusement in the pitiful
squeakings of a truly pathetic, homicidal, self-loathing old fat man with a
bad perm, anyway.

Davie
(who hasn't been around Wolfie in a few years, but the last time he
was found him smelling like a binjo ditch)

Ooh! Ooh! Sailor talk! You make me SO wet!

Wolfgang
and never forget, you're absolutely right........you wasted your one and
only shot at life.

Old February 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

wrote in message
Bottom line for me?

Bottom line? We've had enough innuendo and unsubstantiated smear. What
statement in that transcript is a lie, and what evidence do you have to
prove your assertion?

Joe F.

Old February 19th, 2008, 12:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Wolfgang wrote:
"rw" wrote in message
m...

I don't think most people perceive Obama as "black." Bill Maher calls him
"the Halle Berry of politics."

At which point it becomes important to recollect that Maher almost certainly
knows exactly what he's saying.......even when his most ardent fans don't
have a clue.

I know exactly what he meant because he described it in detail during an
interview with Larry King.

Old February 19th, 2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:19:27 -0800 (PST), rb608
wrote:

On Feb 18, 1:59*pm, daytripper wrote:
Occam's Razor: simple mathematics: The current majority party enjoys merely
218 of the 435 total seats in the House,

Huh? The D's have had a working majority since the 2006 elections.
(233/202). With recent resignations & deaths, the current breakdown D/
R is 231/198. Were you subtracting the DINOs?

Joe F.

Nah, just had a cramp between brain and fingers - I was going to say the Ds
had only a few more than the 218 seats that delineates a majority. And that
would be including the DINOs.

Bottom line, as we've seen for the last year, the Rs still have the numbers to
make sure *nothing* gets done in either arm of Congress, and they've been
doing that job quite well. It is clear that an impeachment attempt of Bush and
Cheney - no matter how richly deserved - could never get off square one...

/daytripper
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"rw" wrote in message
m...
Wolfgang wrote:
"rw" wrote in message
m...

I don't think most people perceive Obama as "black." Bill Maher calls him
"the Halle Berry of politics."

At which point it becomes important to recollect that Maher almost
certainly knows exactly what he's saying.......even when his most ardent
fans don't have a clue.

I know exactly what he meant because he described it in detail during an
interview with Larry King.

Well, just for fun, let's assume you understood what he said in his
explanation of what he said earlier. So, if you needed an explanation then
it is clear that you didn't understand what he said in the first place. And
if you didn't understand what he said in the first place, the assumption we
started with above is clearly in jeopardy, ainna?

Wolfgang
the boy just WILL NOT learn.