World Series (sort of OT)

Old October 12th, 2003, 02:55 PM
riverman

Default World Series (sort of OT)

I've been away. Whats happening?

--riverman

Old October 12th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Stan Gula

Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far
Yankees over Red Sox 2-1

Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
Zimmer.
Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
Wednesday.

Old October 12th, 2003, 03:11 PM
riverman

"riverman" wrote in message
I've been away. Whats happening?

Jeezus...Sox vs Yankees one more time. I think we've been immersed in
Armageddon since they traded the Babe.

--riverman

Old October 12th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Stan Gula wrote:

Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far

Tampa is in the AL, the Cubs are up 3-1 in the NLCS over the Florida/Miami
Marlins.

Yankees over Red Sox 2-1

Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
Zimmer.

Nah, Pedro didn't deck "The Gerbil", he just threw him down. Zimmer was
lucky, a 72 year old with two artificial knees trying to mix it up with
a professional athlete, what's the matter with him, does he have a metal
plate in his head ? ;-)

Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
Wednesday.

Zambrano has been lookin' hurt his last couple of starts, I don't have
a good feeling about this one today, but I feel better about the Cubs
keeping up their end of the Apocalypse World Series than I do about
the Bosox.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old October 12th, 2003, 06:05 PM
daytripper

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:46:05 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Stan Gula wrote:

[...]

Well, that *would* be par for the Red Sox =8-O

I had the misfortune of being stuck in traffic near Yanqui Stadium for a good
part of game 2 on the way to a friend's place for the evening. Not a pretty
sight - and the game sucked, too :-(

For game 3 the Gods conspired to have me, again, incommunicado, this time at
the wedding and reception of a nephew on the spouse's side. Damn...

From all reports, apparently a baseball game broke out in the midst of Yet
Another Red Sox/Yanqui brawl. Whodathunkit?

So we're down, 1 to 2, and things are looking grim wrt who will be pitching
for the 'Sox tonite - Burkhead does not inspire much confidence. Could be 1 to
3 before the day is out, who knows?

But it's been raining all day and not expected to clear before late tonite.
Hopefully we get a rain-out today, give the Sox a day to remember why the hell
they're still playing in October, and go with Wakefield in the make-up game
tomorrow...

Meanwhile, my favorite football teams are both playing today - against each
other. I don't profess to understand *why* the AFC Pat's are playing the NFC
G'ints, but either way I win - and lose...

/daytripper (who has seen this Fenway movie before. often...)
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Stan Gula

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
Stan Gula wrote:

Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far

Tampa is in the AL, the Cubs are up 3-1 in the NLCS over the Florida/Miami
Marlins.

Acck. I knew that. Early morning brain fart.

Yankees over Red Sox 2-1

Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking

Don
Zimmer.

Nah, Pedro didn't deck "The Gerbil", he just threw him down. Zimmer was
lucky, a 72 year old with two artificial knees trying to mix it up with
a professional athlete, what's the matter with him, does he have a metal
plate in his head ? ;-)

I would call putting somebody on the ground 'decking' no matter how it was
accomplished. It was pretty funny watching Zip come out swinging like that.

Old October 13th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Russell Durtschi

daytripper wrote:

So we're down, 1 to 2, and things are looking grim wrt who will be pitching
for the 'Sox tonite - Burkhead does not inspire much confidence. Could be 1 to
3 before the day is out, who knows?

Agreed, and good news--the game has been postponed.

Russell
Who is fed up with bandwagonin' Yawnkees Fans.

One good thing about being a Red Sox fan--no one is going to accuse you
of jumping on the bandwagon.