Cheney shoots someone (I'm not kidding)

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Cheney shoots someone (I'm not kidding)

William Claspy wrote:

(hmmm..... hey Wayne, you still planning on bird hunting during the Yoop
clave this fall? Just want to know if I should pack the body armor :-)

What's a little spraying with bird shot? You can go back to work and
tell everyone how bad the mosquitos were.

Wayne
My eyes might suck but I can tell the difference between a Libriarian
and a grouse. Tho the librarian might be a little easier to hit. grin

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

William Claspy wrote in
:

On 2/13/06 10:34 AM, in article
, "Scott Seidman"
wrote:

I think it would be an absolute hoot if he was found not to be
licensed.

The report I read* stated that he had purchased his TX hunting license
back in November.

Of course, that information MIGHT be part of the cover up
conspiracy...

Bill
(hmmm..... hey Wayne, you still planning on bird hunting during the
Yoop clave this fall? Just want to know if I should pack the body
armor :-)

* http://tinyurl.com/bclml

Is anyone else getting flashbacks to Mel Brooks calling "Pull" and shooting
peasants? "It's good to be the King!!"

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wayne Knight wrote:
William Claspy wrote:

(hmmm..... hey Wayne, you still planning on bird hunting during the Yoop
clave this fall? Just want to know if I should pack the body armor :-)

What's a little spraying with bird shot? You can go back to work and
tell everyone how bad the mosquitos were.

Yeah, he can do that after he gets out of intensive care.

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Scott Seidman wrote:

Is anyone else getting flashbacks to Mel Brooks calling "Pull" and shooting
peasants? "It's good to be the King!!"

Asked why he shot the man, the Vice President said, "Just to watch him die."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-fra...y_b_15543.html

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rw wrote:

Yeah, he can do that after he gets out of intensive care.

The injuries as described, would not have sent the "average *peppered*
hunter" to ICU, and prossibly not even an overnight stay. This guys
trip to ICU probably had more to do with his age, his wealth, and who
shot him.

Regardless, based on my last two hunting trips, Neither Mr. Claspy nor
the birds have anything to worry about come September.

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:

.....how can the thought of cover up NOT occur?

I think there's a difference between not reporting it (not a coverup)
than hiding the fact (cover up).

If one can believe what one hears on the tv news, i heard one report
yesterday where it said the guy who was shot came up behind the VP and
didn't let him know he was there, essentially assigning blame to the
victim. (and this wasn't Fox either)

Cheney obviously screwed up, he had the gun, took the shot and didn't
ensure there was no one in the path. Send him back to a basic hunter
safety class but I'm not sure I would issue a press release saying I
did something stupid either.

What concerns me more than the lack of an announcement, is at least one
major newspaper is quoting an animal hack calling hunting wrong. I
fear the conversation will mover more this way than the VP forgetting
the basic safety rules of hunting.

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Wayne Knight" wrote in
oups.com:

Wolfgang wrote:

[...]

One wonders if alcohol were involved.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wolfgang wrote:

[...]

Whether its deflected by some PETA activist, or some other avenue, I think
its inevitable that pretty much nothing will come of it. I am absolutely
astounded by the ability of both Bush and Cheney to pretty much do whatever
they want and to get away with it, even shooting someone in the face. God,
the list of things they do with impunity is just getting so damn long...

The only thing that I see on the horizon from this is exposure of the
details of 'Formaldehydegate' and historic evidence of Bush's 'Old Boys
Club' style of management.

--riverman

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wayne Knight wrote:

What concerns me more than the lack of an announcement, is at least one
major newspaper is quoting an animal hack calling hunting wrong. I
fear the conversation will mover more this way than the VP forgetting
the basic safety rules of hunting.

Cheney is a pig of a "hunter." He has a history of shooting scores of
farm-raised birds in canned "hunts."

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:

[...]

You can't throw a rock while standing next to these guys without hitting
a potential scandal.

From the NY Times article

"In 1999, George W. Bush, then governor of Texas, named Mr. Whittington
to head the Texas Funeral Service Commission, which licenses and
regulates funeral directors and embalmers in the state. When he was
named, a former executive director of the commission, Eliza May, was
suing the state, saying that she had been fired because she investigated
a funeral home chain that was owned by a friend of Mr. Bush.

The suit was settled in 2001, but the details were not disclosed. Mr.
Whittington still serves in the position."

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply