Quuick question

Old July 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Default Quuick question

Hi All,

If the regulations wherever you lived were changed such that you had to
kill fish within a slot, but quit fishing when you had a limit, how
would this affect your fishing? Would you continue to fish and would
you support a regulation like this? Do you think the quality of
fishing, interms of quality fish caught as well as quality of the
experience (people astream) would go up or down?

Thanks,

TBone
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.

Old July 31st, 2006, 10:25 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Mr. Opus McDopus

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

If the regulations wherever you lived were changed such that you had to
kill fish within a slot, but quit fishing when you had a limit, how
would this affect your fishing?

Really not worth considerin', unless folks like yourself are able to
infiltrate North Carolina's Wildlife Commission.

Would you continue to fish and would
you support a regulation like this?

I follow whatever the regulations of my state are--or the state I happen to
be fishin' in at the moment--but I certainly wouldn't support such a
hair-brained scheme.

Do you think the quality of
fishing, interms of quality fish caught as well as quality of the
experience (people astream) would go up or down?

It's a ridiculous question, but for the sake of argument, DOWN!

Op

Old July 31st, 2006, 11:19 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

If the regulations wherever you lived were changed such that you had to
kill fish within a slot, but quit fishing when you had a limit, how
would this affect your fishing?

Really not worth considerin', unless folks like yourself are able to
infiltrate North Carolina's Wildlife Commission.

Would you continue to fish and would
you support a regulation like this?

I follow whatever the regulations of my state are--or the state I happen to
be fishin' in at the moment--but I certainly wouldn't support such a
hair-brained scheme.

Do you think the quality of
fishing, interms of quality fish caught as well as quality of the
experience (people astream) would go up or down?

It's a ridiculous question, but for the sake of argument, DOWN!

So you would agree with these regulations (as opposed to completely
unlimited catch and release)?

Thanks,

Halfordian Golfer

Old July 31st, 2006, 11:31 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Mr. Opus McDopus

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

What part of "I certainly wouldn't support such a hair-brained scheme,"
don't you understand?

Tim, you remind me of a Christian religious zealot (the only ones I'm
familiar with) who can't be satisfied livin' his own life. No, he has to
try to convert everyone he meets, to his brand of religious zealotry. Not
content to live his sad life. He must try to drag everyone he meets down to
the depths of despair into with he has descended.

Op

Old August 1st, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Op,

Serious question:

Specifically, why is a regulation that, at the minimum:

1) shows respect for a wild animal
2) improves the quality of fishng and the health of the fishery
3) creates a defensible position for the future of angling

A "hair-brained" scheme?

Also, I am NOT the one ramming this down anyones's throats. In the 2006
Colorado fishing pamphlet there are more and more rivers under
ridiculous regulations and 'Catch and Release Recommended" signs
erected by trout unlimited mavens along the stream. This is an absolute
attack on me as an angler. I do NOT support the current 'trend' in
flyfishing regulations where the 'conservation leaders' have the BALLS
to espouse angling 'competitions' on the public, moving waters of
Colorado and then lie that it is 'for conservation'. No way should we
use a wild animal like this and no way will I buy the spooge these
people are selling. But, please, do NOT say that I am forcing anything
down anyone's throats, just the opposite, I am protecting my right to
fish to catch, kill and eat fish.

Thanks,

TBone

Old August 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Mr. Opus McDopus

wrote in message
oups.com...
Serious question:

Specifically, why is a regulation that, at the minimum:

1) shows respect for a wild animal

No, I doubt very seriously that regs are in place to show respect for fish.

2) improves the quality of fishng and the health of the fishery

Yes, I would hope so.

3) creates a defensible position for the future of angling

Yes, again.

A "hair-brained" scheme?

Yes!

Also, I am NOT the one ramming this down anyones's throats.

Yes you are. You yourself call trout fishing a sport. If you believe that
from it's inception that fly or any other form of fishing has been solely
about sustenance, you would be wrong. "Sport" of all kind has been with us
since man recognised his passion for competition, regardless of who or what
he competed against.

In the 2006
Colorado fishing pamphlet there are more and more rivers under
ridiculous regulations and 'Catch and Release Recommended" signs
erected by trout unlimited mavens along the stream. This is an absolute
attack on me as an angler.

How? "Catch and Release Recommended" is not a pohibition on catch and kill!

I do NOT support the current 'trend' in
flyfishing regulations where the 'conservation leaders' have the BALLS
to espouse angling 'competitions' on the public, moving waters of
Colorado and then lie that it is 'for conservation'.

Who said that you had to? I've had all sorts of things "recommended" to me
that I was not inclined to follow.

No way should we
use a wild animal like this and no way will I buy the spooge these
people are selling.

Are you a donating PETA member? If you are not donating to their cause, you
surely should be.

But, please, do NOT say that I am forcing anything
down anyone's throats, just the opposite, I am protecting my right to
fish to catch, kill and eat fish.

Come to NC. There are many *wild* trout stream in our national forests that
are catch and kill friendly.

Op

Thanks,

TBone

Old August 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

You seriously underestimate me Op. Trust me on one thing, I use my
terms carefully. That I fully understand the difference between a sport
and a pastime should be clear. As Thomas McIntyre suggests, a pastime
is playing frisbee on the beach or 3 putting the 9th, while true sport
as Ortega y Gasset, the Spanish philospher says, involves homage,
dedication and the death of a wild animal. That it is serious business,
and I quote:

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in
order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the
death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is
having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and
skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in
the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction
from his job.
Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting.

Your pal,

TBone
Guilt repolaced the creel

Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:54 AM posted to alt.flyfishing

I had hoped this group would be a departure from the idiot conversations
and stupid Ideas sometimes expressed at Roff but I see its just another
rubber room for the lunitic fringe. I will not bother with it again. good
day.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Tim J.

cheeses of nazareth typed:
I had hoped this group would be a departure from the idiot
conversations and stupid Ideas sometimes expressed at Roff but I
see its just another rubber room for the lunitic fringe. I will not
bother with it again. good day.

You will be missed, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way
out.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:30 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

cheesesofnazareth wrote:
I had hoped this group would be a departure from the idiot conversations
and stupid Ideas sometimes expressed at Roff but I see its just another
rubber room for the lunitic fringe. I will not bother with it again. good
day.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Hi Cheeses,

This group will only be as good as the contributors. There are several
great articles to reply to here already, or you could post some
original content!

OBAF: When fishing tiny midges in or under the film, try a very, very
small piece of foam strike-on indicator about 18" up from the fly. This
will help you keep an eye on where your fly is, will buoy it and will
serve to help detect the sip.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Guilt replaced the creel