soft jerkbaits

Old May 28th, 2009, 12:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default soft jerkbaits

How do you guys rig a soft jerkbait, Flukes, assassins, caffeine shads
ect.

Old May 28th, 2009, 02:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
How do you guys rig a soft jerkbait, Flukes, assassins, caffeine shads
ect.

I like to Texas Rig them with an extra wide gap 4/0 or 5/0 hook, lightly
skin hooking the point of the hook in the back to help keep it weedless.
This is a great rig for skipping under boat docks and overhanging tree
limbs.

I was guiding today, a young couple on their honeymoon. We did very well on
the smallmouth using flukes and wacky rigged stick baits. The "hot colors"
were pearl white and baby bass. There was a 5, a 4 and four 3 pound fish
caught today with a lot in the 1 - 2.5 lb. range. Considering the weather
conditions, east wind, cold front hit (high of 52) and spitting rain most of
the day, I was very pleased that we got into fish like we did. The water
temps cooled from 64 degrees to 58 degrees.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
How do you guys rig a soft jerkbait, Flukes, assassins, caffeine shads
ect.

Mostly, t-posed weightless on the largest hook they hold comfortably.
However, in grass beds I like to use a flutter jig or butt dragger hook. It
seems I get more bites pulling them out of the grass if they sink into it
just a little bit more.

If I have a lot of busting and slashing activity and topwater just isn't
working I'll use a soft jerkbait rigged flat to the hook. Its has a really
interesting fall that way.

Old May 29th, 2009, 01:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On May 27, 7:09*pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
How do you guys rig a soft jerkbait, Flukes, assassins, caffeine shads
ect.

I usually fish a Zoom Fluke rigged Texas style with no weight, fish it
from just under the surface on down. Some of the guys at the MTC a
couple of years ago found the double Fluke rig interesting, too.

http://fishing.about.com/od/basicfis.../aa050805a.htm

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On May 27, 6:09*pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
How do you guys rig a soft jerkbait, Flukes, assassins, caffeine shads
ect.

Tex-Posed all the way baby, with a glass rattle tucked in the belly.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Up here in MIchigan I only use a soft jerkbait in cold water, from 50-55
degrees. Do you use them in the summer?

Old June 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Jun 8, 9:05*pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
Up here in MIchigan I only use a soft jerkbait in cold water, from 50-55
degrees. Do you use them in the summer?

I keep a baitcaster rigged with nothing but a 4/0 on the end, fished
all year 'round, cuz big fish eat li'l fish all year 'round.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

wrote in message
On Jun 8, 9:05 pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
Up here in MIchigan I only use a soft jerkbait in cold water, from 50-55
degrees. Do you use them in the summer?

I keep a baitcaster rigged with nothing but a 4/0 on the end, fished
all year 'round, cuz big fish eat li'l fish all year 'round.

I also find them productive in warm water.