Deep Cycle Batteries

Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default Deep Cycle Batteries

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
one is 3 years old and one is less than a year, I left them in the boat
with the onboard charger hooked up all winter, one battery for some
reason exploded, I think maybe it was low on water.

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

Sounds like you might have a charger problem, that is cooking your
batteries, instead of shutting off, and maintaining them

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On Oct 21, 10:18 pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
one is 3 years old and one is less than a year, I left them in the boat
with the onboard charger hooked up all winter, one battery for some
reason exploded, I think maybe it was low on water.

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

Hooking a good new battery up with an older one makes both as bad as
the older one. I would never do that. Did you replace the one that
blew with a new one hooked up with the older one? Most of my
batteries start going bad between 2 and 3 years old - but I use them
about 100 days a year. After two years or so they start giving out
quicker and quicker. Time to replace them when that happens.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
Is group 31 a large battery? how do they effect the performance of the
boat.

I don't think a Group 31 is an overly large battery, I've got three of
them in the aft compartment of my Triton, plus a starting battery. As far
as affecting performance, I don't think you'll notice much if any
difference.

Group 31, are fine, but lots of boats have battery trays too small for them.

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
Is group 31 a large battery? how do they effect the performance of the
boat.

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

One of the bigger standard deep cycles. The 24's just do not seem to run
that long. My camper came with a grp 24 and would not go a night if any
heater blower use. Changed to a Group 31 and runs fine now. You may have a
problem with the battery tray fitting a group 21.

Old October 25th, 2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
coy

Yep, make sure it fits the battery tray or buy a new battery tray that
fits. Also consider that the holes already drilled in your boat for
the original tray may not line up with the tabs/holes on the new tray.
Liking the new 31 I put in, but had to do a custom tray job.

--------------------
http://bassfishingdem.blogspot.com

Old October 26th, 2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
JamesRay

Rodney Long wrote in news:us7Ti.54$IK2.50
@newsfe02.lga:

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
one is 3 years old and one is less than a year, I left them in the

boat
with the onboard charger hooked up all winter, one battery for some
reason exploded, I think maybe it was low on water.

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

Sounds like you might have a charger problem, that is cooking your
batteries, instead of shutting off, and maintaining them

Perhaps he accidently dropped a $pam infused Wiggle between his
batteries.

Those greasy *******s will muck up any system they come in contact with.

JR