product ideas

Old May 29th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Matzi

Default product ideas

The anti social one isn't me...
and I'd never call anyone an idiot..even you...though people do act like
them some times..or sound like them! : )

Old May 29th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Matzi

Sensible comment.

Safety should be your primary consideration. Suppose you are trundling
along at 70 in lane 1 with nothing ahead of you for some distance and
you catch up with a clod doing 65 for mile after mile, there's a stream
of traffic doing 85 nose to tail in lane 3 and the hard shoulder is
clear. It may be a lot safer to overtake on the left than to move over
two lanes, overtake and then get back into lane 1.

If it all goes pearshaped then it's down to you for infringing the
Highway Code but it's not illegal. Of course the clod is also
infringing the HC for not driving in the left hand lane (rule 238).

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com

Old May 29th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Jim Warren

FF wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 11:36:35 +0100, "DocDelete"

wrote:

To the original poster: perhaps we need some sort of device that shoots

farm
silage from bonnet mounted cannons at anyone on a mobile phone while
driving?

I've always wondered why the sane majority don't toot their horns at

drivers with
mobiles.

Liz

If I have got a passenger with me, I ask them to jot down the registration.
Then I report them here http://www.hogline.co.uk/index.asp

Jim

Old May 30th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Del

"Matzi" wrote in message
Sensible comment.

Safety should be your primary consideration. Suppose you are trundling
along at 70 in lane 1 with nothing ahead of you for some distance and
you catch up with a clod doing 65 for mile after mile, there's a stream
of traffic doing 85 nose to tail in lane 3 and the hard shoulder is
clear. It may be a lot safer to overtake on the left than to move over
two lanes, overtake and then get back into lane 1.

If it all goes pearshaped then it's down to you for infringing the
Highway Code but it's not illegal. Of course the clod is also
infringing the HC for not driving in the left hand lane (rule 238).

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com
"You can't have Windows without pains."

I responded to a request Please point to the law / section of the Highway
Code that outlaws 'undertaking'. to show where in the highway code the
relevent information is found (ok so far) now as a transport professional "
CPC Road Haulage National" I should have pointed out that the Highway Code
is not the law in itself but a series of guidelines based on the various
acts of law (Construction and Use, Road Traffic Act etc etc which are often
written in arcane legalise. So if you fail to obey guidelines in the highway
code and are caught so doing or cause an accident as a result you will be
subject to prosecution under the relevent act it is certainly not just
advisory there are plenty of incidences when Truck drivers have been
prosecuted for undertaking slow moving vehicles hogging the middle lane and
far too few of MLHog's being prosecuted for obstruction or inconsiderate
driving or Due Care
DW

---

Old May 30th, 2004, 01:45 AM
SteveH

Richard Porter wrote:

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/23.shtml#227

Do not overtake unless you are sure it is safe to do so. ...

The Highway Code doesn't "outlaw" anything - it indicates the law's
requirements with "YOU MUST" or "YOU MUST NOT" in red. The Highway
Code's own rules are written in normal text.

Safety should be your primary consideration. Suppose you are trundling
along at 70 in lane 1 with nothing ahead of you for some distance and
you catch up with a clod doing 65 for mile after mile, there's a stream
of traffic doing 85 nose to tail in lane 3 and the hard shoulder is
clear. It may be a lot safer to overtake on the left than to move over
two lanes, overtake and then get back into lane 1.

If it all goes pearshaped then it's down to you for infringing the
Highway Code but it's not illegal. Of course the clod is also
infringing the HC for not driving in the left hand lane (rule 238).

*ding, ding, ding-a-ling-a****ing-ding*

Finally, someone has posted some ****ing sense in this thread.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Matzi

I have the number for my local police on my mobile. Website a good idea
though, nice to know there is one. Any idea what happens after you report it
though?

Old May 30th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Matzi

Do not overtake unless you are sure it is safe to do so. ...

The Highway Code doesn't "outlaw" anything - it indicates the law's
requirements with "YOU MUST" or "YOU MUST NOT" in red. The Highway
Code's own rules are written in normal text.

Safety should be your primary consideration. Suppose you are trundling
along at 70 in lane 1 with nothing ahead of you for some distance and
you catch up with a clod doing 65 for mile after mile, there's a stream
of traffic doing 85 nose to tail in lane 3 and the hard shoulder is
clear. It may be a lot safer to overtake on the left than to move over
two lanes, overtake and then get back into lane 1.

If it all goes pearshaped then it's down to you for infringing the
Highway Code but it's not illegal. Of course the clod is also
infringing the HC for not driving in the left hand lane (rule 238).

On the rare occassions this has happened to me I usually flash them. That
mostly wakes them up lol and they move over.

Old May 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
R.N. Robinson

A pocket-size mobile phone jammer would be a useful device. It need not
have much in the way of range, just enough to cover a railway carriage or a
small restaurant. Of course you might have to think up some other job
description for it. . .

Ron Robinson

Old May 30th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Alex

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in
message ...
A pocket-size mobile phone jammer would be a useful device. It need not
have much in the way of range, just enough to cover a railway carriage or

small restaurant. Of course you might have to think up some other job
description for it. . .

Better still a jammer to stop all the cross posting on this group.
Now hit delete!

Old May 30th, 2004, 06:34 PM
sean

"Chris" wrote in message ...
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

Small rear view mirrors on drop handle bars that can be seen just
outside where the hands rest on the shifters.
Sean.