product ideas

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Matzi

Default product ideas

POlice cars in south must be poorer then lol..they just have cardboard
signes the passenger officer holds up to window!

"Jonathan Halsall" wrote in message
snip
How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other

road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

The Police have these. I saw Range Rover with an LED display board like

you
see in doctor's waiting rooms displaying messages like "turn your fog

lamps
off" or "put your seat belts on", perhaps also "pull over, you're nicked"
:-)

Jon.

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Matzi

How about something attached to car tyres which flash when tyre under
inflated? i visual sign so oyu don't have to get mucky and oily trying to
work thoses difficult tyre check things..they never seem the right way round
for me..maybe cos i'm left handed?

"MSeries" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in

the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

I have been designing a lamp bracket to clip into the klick-fix mount

which
is already on my handlebar. My barbag has a lamp bracket but I don't what

have to use the bag just so I can mount my lights. An official klick-fix
plate could easily have a bar bolted to it but I feel something more

custom
would be better, plus I haven't got a spare plate so far.

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Matzi

well I missed the smiley too....so.....my answer is choice c) ....

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
Dave Plowman wrote:

I always talk to the
riders as I approach (another advantage of not being in a tin box!)

Same here. I find "Get off the fooking road and use a bridle path"
works best.

Two possibilities:

1. You missed the smiley, or
2. You are an arse.

Answers on a postcard, please...

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Old May 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
SteveH

Matzi wrote:

Undertaking is an offence..trust me on this. Unless in a traffic jam or
split lane situation (ie 2 lanes stay motorway left lane changes to A road
type thing)

No it's not.

Before you post this sort of crap, could you please dig out the
appropriate references in UK law / the Highway Code.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:11 PM
SteveH

Matzi wrote:

This is true. Over taking on inside was part of an offence of dangerous
driving I had to write a report on.
We don't have fast lanes..we have over taking lanes..if your not over
taking..get over to the left : )

Whilst it's possible to be booked for dangerous driving whilst
undertaking, it's not a given that it is a dangerous manoever, and isn't
specifically illegal.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Matzi

It's dangerous driving...I have to write court reports on
offences..including driving offences, and while it may not cite it in the
highway code (I would need to look i'll admit) as far as driving on roads is
concered..I wouldn't do it in front of a police car...you'll find yourself
with a cauton at least!

oh and Steve....you are allowed to disagree without being impatient and
rude.

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM
SteveH

Matzi wrote:

It's dangerous driving...I have to write court reports on
offences..including driving offences, and while it may not cite it in the
highway code (I would need to look i'll admit) as far as driving on roads is
concered..I wouldn't do it in front of a police car...you'll find yourself
with a cauton at least!

That's the offence of 'without due care' or 'dangerous driving' - not
undertaking.

So long as you undertake safely, then you can't be booked for it.

oh and Steve....you are allowed to disagree without being impatient and
rude.

In that case.....

Get a ****ing spell checker and post at the bottom, you **** ;-)
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL