product ideas

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:32 PM

Default product ideas

In uk.rec.equestrian Matzi wrote:
Undertaking is an offence..trust me on this. Unless in a traffic jam or
split lane situation (ie 2 lanes stay motorway left lane changes to A road
type thing)

The wording in the highway code is "do not move to the nearside lane
to overtake" or something pretty similar to that. It's not got a "do
not" therefore it isn't explicitly illegal. If you are stopped by the
police for doing it and they decide to prosecute then the charge will
be "careless driving" or some such.

I think it's becoming more 'acceptable' to pass on the inside nowadays,
as long as you don't weave from lane to lane and don't behave stupidly
then you are unlikely to be stopped for doing it.

--
Chris Green
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:41 PM
SteveH

wrote:

In uk.rec.equestrian Matzi wrote:
Undertaking is an offence..trust me on this. Unless in a traffic jam or
split lane situation (ie 2 lanes stay motorway left lane changes to A road
type thing)

The wording in the highway code is "do not move to the nearside lane
to overtake" or something pretty similar to that. It's not got a "do
not" therefore it isn't explicitly illegal. If you are stopped by the
police for doing it and they decide to prosecute then the charge will
be "careless driving" or some such.

I think it's becoming more 'acceptable' to pass on the inside nowadays,
as long as you don't weave from lane to lane and don't behave stupidly
then you are unlikely to be stopped for doing it.

*ding*
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
SteveH

Matzi wrote:

Just as a pint of professional interst..you find you ride/drive diff when
your in a car to when your on a bike? and if so..how? sorry off post subject
lol just intersted.

I think I need to know what your 'professional interest' is before I
admit to anything ;-)

To be honest, it all depends on how I feel on the day. I'll quite
happily potter along at 50mph in NSLs with ClassicFM playing, but other
days I'll be just a little more 'enthusiastic'.

I have, however, found that the more I ride my bike, the more I drive
like a biker - if that makes any sense.

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very good
at when you ride a bike.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Andy Hewitt

Hi Steve,

I was going to say, 'whatya doing in here', then I saw the cross post
list and thought WTF?

SteveH wrote:

Matzi wrote:

Just as a pint of professional interst..you find you ride/drive diff when
your in a car to when your on a bike? and if so..how? sorry off post subject
lol just intersted.

I think I need to know what your 'professional interest' is before I
admit to anything ;-)

To be honest, it all depends on how I feel on the day. I'll quite
happily potter along at 50mph in NSLs with ClassicFM playing, but other
days I'll be just a little more 'enthusiastic'.

I have, however, found that the more I ride my bike, the more I drive
like a biker - if that makes any sense.

I do for sure :-) Except my car won't do 130mph, and doesn't lean in
corners.

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very good
at when you ride a bike.

I have filtered the car, quite successfully too, although I did get a
lot of hoots from the other drivers ;-)

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:10 PM
SteveH

Andy Hewitt wrote:

Hi Steve,

I was going to say, 'whatya doing in here', then I saw the cross post
list and thought WTF?

Looks at cross-posting list......

I didn't know you were a bike-riding, horsey fisherman who drives a
classic car to the garden centre ;-)

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:12 PM
SteveH

Andy Hewitt wrote:

I have, however, found that the more I ride my bike, the more I drive
like a biker - if that makes any sense.

I do for sure :-) Except my car won't do 130mph, and doesn't lean in
corners.

Well, my car will do 130mph, but it leans the wrong way in the bends ;-)

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very good
at when you ride a bike.

I have filtered the car, quite successfully too, although I did get a
lot of hoots from the other drivers ;-)

Nice. I am tempted to try using the 'bike lane' on the A465 to Hereford,
but that would rely on the person I'm overtaking and the one coming the
other way making a gap for me.

I'm not convinced the yokels up there would do that ;-)
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:45:29 +0100, "Matzi"
wrote in message
:

Just as a pint of professional interst..

Make that two pints of professional interst and a special pleading
shandy, if you would...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 27th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Andy Hewitt

SteveH wrote:

Andy Hewitt wrote:

Hi Steve,

I was going to say, 'whatya doing in here', then I saw the cross post
list and thought WTF?

Looks at cross-posting list......

I didn't know you were a bike-riding, horsey fisherman who drives a
classic car to the garden centre ;-)

Well there you go, never can tell, can you? ;-)

Old May 27th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Andy Hewitt

SteveH wrote:

Snipped Text
Well, my car will do 130mph, but it leans the wrong way in the bends ;-)

Well, I'm not going to get into talking about your cars ;-)

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very good
at when you ride a bike.

I have filtered the car, quite successfully too, although I did get a
lot of hoots from the other drivers ;-)

Nice. I am tempted to try using the 'bike lane' on the A465 to Hereford,
but that would rely on the person I'm overtaking and the one coming the
other way making a gap for me.

I did mine on the A5 from Redbourn to St. Albans. I just plain forgot I
was in the car, rammed it down a gear, stuck my foot down, and just went
for it. Luckily the road is quite wide there.

I'm not convinced the yokels up there would do that ;-)

Up here all the yokels drive 38 tonners.