Why is this getting no play??

Old October 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default Why is this getting no play??

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
well put Dave.....i would say "they played the hand that was dealt
them"... at the
time......

it may be hard for some folks to understand that now...

Nah, not at all hard to understand. They were all heroes.....just like all
the German and Japanese and Vietnamese and Russian and Chinese and Korean
and Panamanian and Mexican and South African and Palestinian and Finnish and
English and French and Spanish and Portuguese and Colombian and Venezuelan
and Brazilian and Belgian and Syrian and Egyptian and Israeli and Polish and
Lithuanian and Romanian and Serb and Slovak and Mongol and Viking and
Teutonic and Roman and Greek and Moorish and Gothic and Visigothic and
Vandal and Tatar and Babylonians and Hittites and Midianites and Philistines
and Aztecs and Olmecs and Incas and Zulus and Masai and Lakota and Iroquois
and Hurons, etc. etc. etc. Yep, heroes, one and all. None of them wanted
to do it, but by golly the job needed to be done so they went out and did
it. After all, if THEY didn't go out and bash, smash, slash, shoot, flay,
skewer, impale, explode, rape, incinerate, dismember, poison, bury alive, or
otherwise destroy the world's children, who would?

And you indescribably evil thugs, butchers, murderers, idiots, thieves,
liars, rapists, back stabbers, adulterers, money worshippers and all around
filth dare to trumpet yourselves as the champions of freedom, valor, honor
and decency?

Wolfgang

Old October 8th, 2008, 08:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Except John Kerry and Max Cleland, they were just posers.

Kerry was a phony. ...

That's a lie, a demonstrable lie, and you should be ashamed to
say it. You're quite the GOP tool, Louie. Bad-mouthing GOP war
veterans is beyond the pale but swiftboating a Democrat is just
hunky-dory. John Kerry is a war hero and a patriot.

You will never get it, Ken. ...

Oh, I get it alright.

The military is a necessary evil, but at it's heart it is truly
evil. Which is not to say everyone in the military is evil, some
surely are not. I'm not a flag-waving, "my country right or wrong"
jingo and I'm not necessarily proud to be an American. My being
American was an accident of birth, I can no more be proud of being
American than I can be proud of having blue eyes. I was just born
that way. People like you are so wrongheaded that the English
language will never suffice to persuade you. So I won't even try.

(Jenny ate a t-shirt, the whole thing. Then vomitted it)

Puppies. It's sometimes hard to believe people actually bring
the damn things home on purpose. Kaylin got bored in the back seat
of the car and chewed up the sun shade that fits in the windshield.
My fault, I should have put a chew toy back there before we left.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:22:18 -0500, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

And you indescribably evil thugs, butchers, murderers, idiots, thieves,
liars, rapists, back stabbers, adulterers, money worshippers and all around
filth dare to trumpet yourselves as the champions of freedom, valor, honor
and decency?

Ah, yes, humankind. The only animal besides the ant that wages war on
its species. Good old humankind. Been waging war for what..... six
thousand years now? And you and Obama are going to change it, right?
You, Fortenberry, and Neville Chamberland. The unholy trinity.

Diminutive idiot.

Davey
(all gather 'round, "All we are saaaaaayyyying, is give peace a
chance. All we are saaaaaayyyyyyikes.." boom-Iran gotcha there
Neville!)

Old October 8th, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:46:39 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Except John Kerry and Max Cleland, they were just posers.

Kerry was a phony. ...

That's a lie, a demonstrable lie, and you should be ashamed to
say it. You're quite the GOP tool, Louie. Bad-mouthing GOP war
veterans is beyond the pale but swiftboating a Democrat is just
hunky-dory. John Kerry is a war hero and a patriot.

Kerry's three PHs are phony. He got his first, a scratch on the top
of his hand while serving with the outfit he volunteered for - coastal
patrol. Little if any action. There was no action the night he got
his scratch and even the doc said it looked like a U.S. piece of
shrapnel even as tiny as it was. And, please tell me how you get a PH
for rice in the buttocks. "Reporting for duty" my ass. And then he
comes home and tells lies and meets with our enemies? Yeah, some hero
you got there, but McCain is a nutcase, right?

You will never get it, Ken. ...

Oh, I get it alright.

The military is a necessary evil, but at it's heart it is truly
evil. Which is not to say everyone in the military is evil, some
surely are not. I'm not a flag-waving, "my country right or wrong"
jingo and I'm not necessarily proud to be an American. My being
American was an accident of birth, I can no more be proud of being
American than I can be proud of having blue eyes. I was just born
that way. People like you are so wrongheaded that the English
language will never suffice to persuade you. So I won't even try.

But you just did.

Old October 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote:

And you indescribably evil thugs, butchers, murderers, idiots, thieves,
liars, rapists, back stabbers, adulterers, money worshippers and all
around
filth dare to trumpet yourselves as the champions of freedom, valor, honor
and decency?

Ah, yes, humankind. The only animal besides the ant that wages war on
its species. Good old humankind. Been waging war for what..... six
thousand years now? And you and Obama are going to change it, right?
You, Fortenberry, and Neville Chamberland. The unholy trinity.

Diminutive idiot.

Davey
(all gather 'round, "All we are saaaaaayyyying, is give peace a
chance. All we are saaaaaayyyyyyikes.." boom-Iran gotcha there
Neville!)

And many of you STILL call this thing "friend."

What do you all see when you look in a mirror?

Wolfgang

Old October 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Except John Kerry and Max Cleland, they were just posers.

Kerry was a phony. ...

That's a lie, a demonstrable lie, and you should be ashamed to
say it. You're quite the GOP tool, Louie. Bad-mouthing GOP war
veterans is beyond the pale but swiftboating a Democrat is just
hunky-dory. John Kerry is a war hero and a patriot.

Er, no. He was just some guy who wound up in combat when he tried to
avoid it. From rational accounts, he did an average job and spent a
fair amount of time trying to get himself out of a mess of his making
while still feathering his nest for the future...IOW, he did exactly the
same thing many others did and do, in the military and in civilian life
and there's no particular shame in it. But there's absolutely nothing
"heroic" about it, either.

You will never get it, Ken. ...

Oh, I get it alright.

No, you absolutely do not "get it"...but if it makes you feel any
better, Dave doesn't "get it" either.

HTH,
Old October 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:16:34 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:
Kerry was a phony. ...
That's a lie, a demonstrable lie, and you should be ashamed to
say it. You're quite the GOP tool, Louie. Bad-mouthing GOP war
veterans is beyond the pale but swiftboating a Democrat is just
hunky-dory. John Kerry is a war hero and a patriot.

Er, no. ...

Another GOP tool heard from.

But there's absolutely nothing
"heroic" about it, either.

Some would claim there's nothing particularly "heroic" about
having your airplane shot out of the sky.

And they would be correct - there was nothing "heroic" about McCain's
being shot down. It was particular actions while he was a POW, among
other acts, that were heroic.

You will never get it, Ken. ...
Oh, I get it alright.

No, you absolutely do not "get it"...but if it makes you feel any
better, Dave doesn't "get it" either.

So tell us, who does "get it" ? Who has the whole god, country,
patriotic, geopolitical, post-national, globally intertwined,
twenty-first century political philosophy all figured out ?

I'm gonna go with Jessica Simpson...the way I figure it, she'd probably
believe it, and hey, it could lead to some nekkididity on her part...

I'd like to meet that guy (or gal).

Me, too - see above Ms. Simpson...

I guess it's like art and porn - I can't define it, but I sure as hell
know it when I see it, and much like a nekkid Ms. Simpson, I enjoy
seeing it...the art and the porn as well as the understanding of
heroism, I mean. And neither you nor Dave "get it" when it comes to
heroism.

HTH,
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:29:59 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

I guess it's like art and porn - I can't define it, but I sure as hell
know it when I see it, and much like a nekkid Ms. Simpson, I enjoy
seeing it...the art and the porn as well as the understanding of
heroism, I mean. And neither you nor Dave "get it" when it comes to
heroism.

You can't define heroism because the word has lost all meaning.
When everyone who served in 'Nam, everyone in the military, the
fire department and the police force is a "hero" the word becomes
meaningless. Hell, Bill Ayers is in the news lately so I nominate
the Weathermen as true American heroes. They probably did more to
end the war in Vietnam than some of your more pedestrian heroes
like Martin Luther King Jr. et al. 1/2 :-)

I don't think that everyone who served in "'Nam" ("'Nam,"
Gracie...what, are you watching "Rambo" or something...?), everyone in
the military, the FD, PD, etc. are "heroes." In fact, a few are total,
complete, utter ****ups and criminals as far away from any rational
definition of "hero" as one could get. I do not think that Bill Ayers
is one, but I'm not sure he falls into the category of "bad guy" either.
MKL is marginally one, based on what I understand of his motives, good
and bad. John McCain is a "hero," John Kerry is not. And IMO, the
status of both doesn't, in and of itself, have the slightest thing to do
with their suitability or lack thereof to be POTUS.

HTH,