Best Times?

Old January 18th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Tim

Default Best Times?

Hi,

I am relatively new to this (sea) fishing game and am wondering when is the
best time to go fishing. Is it daytime or night?

Hopefully this isn't the type of question on how long is a piece of string!

Yor views would be very much appreciated.

Bye the way I am based in Cornwall UK.

Cheers

Tim

Old January 18th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Peter Smith

Tim,

I find the night (dark) tides are better than day (light) tides during the
winter. One venue I fish usually blanks during the day but produces good
bags of whiting the same night.

During the summer I don't see so much difference.

Regards,

Peter.

"Tim" wrote in message
Hi,

I am relatively new to this (sea) fishing game and am wondering when is

the
best time to go fishing. Is it daytime or night?

Hopefully this isn't the type of question on how long is a piece of

string!

Yor views would be very much appreciated.

Bye the way I am based in Cornwall UK.

Cheers

Tim

---

Old January 19th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , Tim
wrote:
Hi,

I am relatively new to this (sea) fishing game and am wondering when is the
best time to go fishing. Is it daytime or night?

Hopefully this isn't the type of question on how long is a piece of string!

Pretty much.

The stock answer is 'When the fish are biting.'

Light is a benefit for sight-feeders 'though they still manage close to the
surface at night. Light is a drawback for the prey of sight-feeding
predators which include seabirds.

Dark is no drawback for scent-feeders and little hindrance for those who
hunt by vibration.
Darkness gives no cover from vibration-seeking predators.

Breaking waves gives a little cover from sight-feeding predators but does
make it much harder for vibration-feeders.

At dawn/dusk everything changes over...

Dirty water after a storm means conditions akin to night even by day.

Deep water, usually only encountered from a boat, is always dark at the
bottom.

Bye the way I am based in Cornwall UK.

In your area I would fish whenever people-disturbance was low. Dawn, and
dusk being the best times but expect fish to continue feeding until
disturbed.

Cheerio,

Old January 22nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
Tim

Thanks all for your help. Its has given me something to ponder on for
awhile.

Happy fishing

Tim