Looking for images for my fishing log, thanks.

Old December 11th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default Looking for images for my fishing log, thanks.

Here ya go, Jen... http://www.internetclipart.com/fFishing/fishing.htm

See if there's something there that'll interest you.

"Jen" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
I participated in the development of this fishing log and image
repository for fishermen:

http://fishing.idealog.net

If you have interesting images of your past catches, fishing trips,
repairs, inventory, bait, tackle, fishing buddies or any other images
that you could donate and that you would not mind being used for our
web site and the log graphics (splash screen or sample HTML pages
generated by the log), please let me know. Any feedback on the product
would be greately appreciated too.

We always give credits to contributors. A link to your site, your name
in the credit section is not a problem.

Thanks.
Jen

http://fishing.idealog.net
www.idealog.net

Old December 12th, 2003, 03:56 AM
joe

In article ,
(Jen) wrote:

Did you just call me a robot? You seem to be sure of everything you
say. I am an individual. I am working on graphics for an interesting
software project. I do not earn money from my posts or my work. I
learn however a lot and am very proud of what I have done so far,
except may be for engaging in this pointless "conversation".

Please feel free to send your e-mails to me at
.

Jen

All typos and errors in my English are for your entertainment only and
are copyrighted work of the author.

robot? guess that is a language thing.

pointless? why so much time replying.

and of course it is all the repondents who 'misread' your subject line.
no way you can take responsibility for your actions that appear to have
been unpopular with several of the newsgroup participants.

as for what I would offer to sell you, none of it has anything to do
with Gimp. I have photos as you may have noticed on my site that I took
during my personal fishing trips with my camera which were processed at
my expense.

I never called you a liar nor a spammer. You may want to re-read my
post. I am not sure if it is spam (which I do usually associate with
email; if anything your post was off-topic and/or misleading, possibly
unintentionally).

there are many database options available and if I had reason I could
put together the individuals to produce a cross platform solution.

irrespective of any further reply I will end my participation in this
off topic waste of bandwidth. you may also contact me by email via my
web site.

regards,

joe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Jen

From: Bob La Londe )
Just curious, are you the same Jen that was pushing CSC
Phoenix Consulting
or something like that a while back?

Hi Bob, I remember you asked the same question in September. No, I am
not familiar with the project or company. If you need any info about
who I am or what I do for the software mentioned above – do not
hesitate to contact me.

robot, pointless, Gimp, database options etc

You are absolutely right Joe, it was a waste of bandwidth and time for
most of the readers of this group. I promise that I will be more
accurate when choosing titles for my posts. If you need feedback on
your thoughts about database options and crossplatform solution - send
us a message through http://fishing.idealog.net/feedback.html (general
comment from our developers so far: "not a chance, mate", they might
be wrong however, I don't know). Take care.

Here ya go, Jen... http://www.internetclipart.com/fFishing/fishing.htm
See if there's something there that'll interest you.

I have seen the site and tried to use some of the work for splash
screens, but it did not work very well since it is difficult to
combine photos and clipart on one image. Otherwise, the quality of the
clipart is quite good and it is a useful link as it also covers other
areas. Thanks.
Old December 12th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Jen,
If you use MS Image Composer you can combine clip art and picks easily or
your web page. It is not the easiest program to learn but once you do it
opens up a lot of possibilities. It comes as an add in with FrontPage.

om...

Old December 12th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Scott Seidman

(Jen) wrote in news:37c557cd.0312110309.5e446447
@posting.google.com:

You want to prove I am a spammer - send me something worthwhile and
see if it appears on our site or on a splash screen or in the sample
database. Oh, and check if we mention your name in the acknowledgement
section.

Kind regards,

Jen

I don't know if you're a spammer or not (or particularly care), but the
FAQ at your site disturbs me.

From the FAQ:
********
Contacting Fishing Log PRO Team
Q: I would like to send an e-mail to the authors. Why can't I see any e-
mail addresses anywhere in your contact details.

A: We decided not to publish our addresses any longer because of hundreds
unsolicited e-mails we used to receive every day. Please use the feedback
page link to contact us directly.

Q: Could I call you or ask you to contact me by phone regarding Fishing
Log PRO?

A: We do not have a hotline support center. It helps us to cut costs and
keep our registration fees very low. If you have any questions - you can
always ask us by submitting your query via the feedback page. Make sure
you have read this FAQ and be specific when asking questions.
*******

Personally, I won't do ANY e-business with anyone I couldn't contact by
phone if I needed to, EVER. I don't even know what country you guys are
in.

While most likely you're legit, sending a credit card number to the
nameless and faceless is a really stupid thing to do. Its a high risk
way to make a purchase. Even if I were in the market for a fishing log,
you wouldn't get my business.

Scott
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Andrew Kidd

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
SNIP
Personally, I won't do ANY e-business with anyone I couldn't contact by
phone if I needed to, EVER. I don't even know what country you guys are
in.

While most likely you're legit, sending a credit card number to the
nameless and faceless is a really stupid thing to do. Its a high risk
way to make a purchase. Even if I were in the market for a fishing log,
you wouldn't get my business.

I'm not attacking here, but I do have a different point of view....
While I agree that it is slightly more difficult to do business by
email, I have an online business and while 99.9% of our customers are fine
people we're happy to have for customers, I don't want to hand that other
..1% my home phone number (actually, my second phoneline). My point being,
not every business on the internet is run in a dedicated office environment.
We run our business from our homes, and our website is our office. We still
give our customers our best service possible, everyday. Actually, several
times a day!
As for credit cards, you're only slightly more at risk over the internet
then by handing it to the guy or gal at the restaurant who disappears with
it to charge your bill, or the folks at the hotel counter who take an
impression of your card for their records, or the folks who take your order
over the phone for catalogs, etc, etc, etc. God only knows how many people
have access to your card that you don't know at all, and have never met...

P.S. The site representitive is from Dublin, Ireland. This, and his
address and phone number, can be found through publicly accessible
information online. So, our customers could find our phone number if they
needed to.
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old December 15th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Scott Seidman

"Andrew Kidd" wrote in

[...]

I'm sure you do provide excellent customer service, but putting in a
dedicated phone line with an answering machine is a relatively small
expense that might attract customers. At least, your website provides an
address. The site in question here doesn't extend that courtesy. I
think we can both agree that when you give your credit card to someone,
you should at least know what business you're giving it to.

As for credit cards, you're only slightly more at risk over the
internet
then by handing it to the guy or gal at the restaurant who disappears
with it to charge your bill, or the folks at the hotel counter who
take an impression of your card for their records, or the folks who
take your order over the phone for catalogs, etc, etc, etc. God only
knows how many people have access to your card that you don't know at
all, and have never met...

When you deal with reputable online companies with good security
policies, you're probably safer than when you hand you're credit card to
a waiter. When you deal with small guys who don't know from security,
you're asking for trouble. I'm basing this on letters from my web-
hosting company that said they found many sites on their own servers that
were collecting card numbers on encrypted pages, and then mailing them or
storing them on unencrypted pages.

P.S. The site representitive is from Dublin, Ireland. This, and his
address and phone number, can be found through publicly accessible
information online. So, our customers could find our phone number if
they needed to.

With you're site, you're a corporation. People can find your Tax ID
number if they needed it, they can complain to your attorney generals
office or better business beaureau if they saw fit. You're not
anonymous. There remains something inherently wrong with doing business
with an anonymous party.

Scott