r.o.f.f.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default r.o.f.f.

On 9/5/2011 3:50 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Go, but for everyone's sake, no pictures of your feet.

Dave

trust me on this one, the pictures don't do them justice, circa May 27th
or so. I ate oysters which were less fried than his feet on that trip. I
am stocking the house with SPF40 and a gallon of aloe vera should he
return......

Tom
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
personaobscura

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 05:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Suzan Thornberg
wrote:

On Aug 31, 3:40*pm, "Russell D." wrote:
R.I.P.

Was going to chime in.....but just decided it is good to see some
discussion....some names that match some faces.....and the hope this
place doesn't fade into the {Cloud). Still have not made it to a
Penn's Clave but plan to withing a couple years.

Ok, that was weird.
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
personaobscura

On 2011-09-03 09:47:17 -0400, Tom Littleton said:

On 8/31/2011 6:18 PM, Ken Fortenberry wrote:
rw56 wrote:

One of the reasons I don't bemoan the demise of Usenet is because
Usenet was accepting of anonymity. Social networks will work much
better and will be more enjoyable for most folks when anonymity is
not allowed.

so trading off sorting through anonymity in exchange for loss of
personal privacy is a good thing, you reckon? I differ, and have never
had any problem sorting through the spammers and sock puppets on Usenet
by myself.
Tom

Actually I love sock puppets, especially Personaobscura and Mikey's
various socks.

Dave

Have no idea who "Mikey" is, but thanks, I guess. As for "socks", you don't
have Clue One. But that's what makes you so much fun to play with.

Don't ever change.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-09-05 18:44:18 -0400, personaobscura

rw56 wrote:

One of the reasons I don't bemoan the demise of Usenet is because
Usenet was accepting of anonymity. Social networks will work much
better and will be more enjoyable for most folks when anonymity is
not allowed.

so trading off sorting through anonymity in exchange for loss of
personal privacy is a good thing, you reckon? I differ, and have never
had any problem sorting through the spammers and sock puppets on Usenet
by myself.
Tom

Actually I love sock puppets, especially Personaobscura and Mikey's
various socks.

Dave

Have no idea who "Mikey" is, but thanks, I guess. As for "socks", you don't
have Clue One. But that's what makes you so much fun to play with.

Don't ever change.

Ah huh...... sure..... If you don't know Mikey you shouldn't be here.
Really!

And, for everyone else: See, ROFF is alive and well, suffering through
the Fortenberrys and the Wolfgangs........and all the unecessary
socks..... d;o)

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Sep 5, 5:25*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 9/5/2011 3:50 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Go, but for everyone's sake, no pictures of your feet.

Dave

trust me on this one, the pictures don't do them justice, circa May 27th
or so. I ate oysters which were less fried than his feet on that trip. I
am stocking the house with SPF40 and a gallon of aloe vera should he
return......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

Yes, but to this day, I can feel in the tops of my feet when the
rockfish are running.
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 31, 4:36*pm, rw56 wrote:

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.

You think?

****wit.

you don't learn.

g.

Old September 6th, 2011, 05:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 31, 5:18*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
rw56 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.

Wolfgang wasn't the problem. Wolfgang is a five-foot-nothing nothing
who is considered a friendly, fellow fly fisherman by those who have
met him, including myself. Giles is the problem, Wolfgang's pseudo-
anonymous alter ego with the throw away address and the poisonous
Usenet persona.

--
Ken Fortenberry

BOO!

g.
hee, hee, hee
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 2, 10:10*am, "JT" wrote:

True, In the end, his hubris was/is the downfall.

JT

Hubris ain't so bad.....if the ingredients are organic, you buy them
in bulk, and do all your own prep.

It's that prepackaged, factory made **** that'll **** up your day.

g.
from the free advice to the dead desk.
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2011-09-02 11:10:12 -0400, "JT" said:

"Ken Fortenberry" *wrote in ...
rw56 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.

Wolfgang wasn't the problem. Wolfgang is a five-foot-nothing nothing
who is considered a friendly, fellow fly fisherman by those who have
met him, including myself. Giles is the problem, Wolfgang's pseudo-
anonymous alter ego with the throw away address and the poisonous
Usenet persona.

True, In the end, his hubris was/is the downfall.

JT

Nah! *It's all George W. Bush's fault.- Hide quoted text -

moron.

pig.

g.
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_12_]

D. LaCourse wrote in

On 2011-09-04 16:49:07 -0400, Frank Church
said:

D. LaCourse wrote in news:2011090416280643658-
Coming from someone who never served their country **in any
manner**. If there ever was a **** stain on roff, Fortenberry, it is
you.

Dave

Now that's more like it, Facebook could never replace my dear old
loveable roff. I've missed it so. /s/

Frank Sr.
who would never wear **** stained shorts, adult diapers on the other
hand...

smile Remember the three rules of being an old codger, Frank:

1. Never give up the opportunity to take a ****.

2. Never waste an erection, even if you're alone.

3. Never, ever, trust a fart.

Dave

Apropos of #3, I recently endured 11, yes 11, days of diarrhea, the first
week of it I didn't dare get more than 50' from the bathroom so was
trapped at home unable to get to my doctor or a drugstore for Immodium or
Lomotil. The method of getting to the bathroom when an attack occured was
what us old farmers used to call "doing the green apple quickstep".
After the first week I was able to make a real quick trip to town to get
the necessary stuff to slow things down. (which, btw, didn't work) Found
out later through my massage lady that some sort of virus was going
around and I wasn't alone in doing this dance of doo doo. How nice,
misery loves company!

Frank Sr.
....does anyone else have a cat that must accompany one to the toilet and
watch?