Ping DanD

Old February 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

Default Ping DanD

Dan,
I got your message and when I tried to replay it my voicemail went
bonkers and I lost it. I couldn't hear where you were on the first
listen so you need to call me back. Sorry.
_

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:51:47 -0500, What me worry?
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then
wrote:

Dan,
I got your message and when I tried to replay it my voicemail went
bonkers and I lost it. I couldn't hear where you were on the first
listen so you need to call me back. Sorry.
_

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

In case anyone is wondering, dan is about 150 miles South of me and
slightly East. Talked to him this afternoon. He has been fishing a
small lake near the town of Lake Wales, Lake Rosalie. He says they
haven't broken any records!

_

Old March 7th, 2009, 01:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
DanD

Hi all:::
I surely do not tell the stories as well as a lot here.
OK maybe not as good as any here.
But I will give a go at telling of my trip out of the frozen tundra.

As you may or may not know my brother and I took a trip to Florida for a
vacation away from the frozen north.
To start with we left out of Trempealeau Wisconsin at about 4pm Friday the
13th. The brother had been at work all day and started out driving. There
must have been some sort of defect in the passengers seat. Because it was
not long and I was fast asleep. Not that I got much rest.
About 12 I started driving, and made it all the way till 4 in the morning.
As I started to get to drowsy to continue, the brother said he was rested
enough to go again. The short story is that the brother drove for about 18
hours and I put in my 4. But in my defense, I did drive the hardest hours of
the day.
Made it to Okeechobee Fl. around 5pm. The only miss in the trip down was me
setting the GPS to shortest route vice fastest route. Took a trip on
Kentucky state hwy 36. Not that big of a deal in the car, but a bit of a
pain in the but pulling the boat. Brother has a 22 ft Champion. Since it was
the first time any of us had used an onboard GPS I don't think that was too
bad. At least I learned how to check my turns after that.
Anyway made it to Fl. and had a friends place to leave the mother off and
spend the first night.
Up early the 15th to a lot nicer weather than we had left in Wisconsin. Dan
the friend we left mother with took us on a quick trip to the town and
landings he knew about. He is not a fisherman. Back to the house to grab the
boat, and hit the water.
We put in at the landing on the Kissimmee river just off of Lake Okeechobee.
After all we were in town anyway so might as well fish the big lake. Ran far
enough into the lake so we could say that is what we did. Tried some weeds
on the left side, I threw a white spinner bait, brother tried a white fluke.
Neither of us got any hits.
Ran the big motor over to some lily pads, brother tried a horney toad, and I
tried a buss bait white with split tail trailer. No hits from either.
This was the brothers 12th trip down, and don't think that the Big O was
what he wanted to be fishing. So we did not stay very long at either of
those two places. Took a quick run up the river to see if there was some
back water to fish, like we are used to here at home. Ran up 5 or 6 miles
and did not see any, so figured it was time to run to a lake the brother
liked.
Will write more later.
All in All a very nice trip, but not the number or size of fish I was
hopping for.

--

Sometimes the best thing to do:
Is nothing at all.