ROFB Rules

Old March 1st, 2009, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
family-outdoors

Default ROFB Rules

I hope to obtain clarification on posting rules and after reading as
much as possible on the Rec.Outdoors.Fishing.Bass Newsgroup website
found at http://www.rofb.net/index.htm, I am still unclear on the
following:

Is it possible to know whether an admonishment from someone is from an
"elected official" as stated in the guidelines? I received a
profanity laden set of emails from a member who certainly seemed to
deviate from the idea that IF I did violate the charter the remedy
would be "First and second offense - the poster will be notified of
the specific infraction in e-mail and referred to these guidelines and
the charter."

Not until the fourth offense should anyone have reported a violation
to my ISP...as stated:
"Fourth and subsequent offense - the poster's second-tier Internet
Presence Provider will be notified of the specific infraction and
provided with copies of these guidelines and the charter.A copy of
these correspondences will also be provided to the primary Internet
Service Provider."

I have NO desire to violate the rules or offend anyone.

For others who wish to remain on the right side of the rules, I
strongly encourage you to visit the link above which I repeat here for
emphasis:

http://www.rofb.net/index.htm

I would sincerely appreciate a reasonable explanation as all I could
get from this person who contacted me was to be called names...even to
the point of insulting my children...followed by the claim that he'd
reported my abuse to my ISP.

Family-Outdoors
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Basically any purely commercial spamming is prohibited. Obfuscating to hide
a primarily commercial intent is pretty transparent and you are just ask
likely to get jumped on.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
D. Norton

Well I guess I'm going to wade in here.
No one has been given "any" authority to act on befalf of the members of
this newgroup.As a "longtime" member of the R.O.F.B , I was one of the
members which helped institute
said posting " guidelines" they were always meant to be just that;
giudelines.

There has "never been nor will there "ever" be any "elected" officials of
the rofb. The R.O.F.B. website was put together
by members of this newsgroup, and as such , the site belongs to all members
of the R.O.F.B. There has always been a cutodian of the website, and over
the years this custodian has changed from time to time. As of now I belive
that Bob LaLonde is the
current custodian of the site.

The custodian's job was to maintian the site ,and to occassionally provide a
link to said site here on the newsgroup.These are the "only" resposibilities
the site custodian has "ever" had. NO one has been elected as the r.o.f.b
badass.
And I regret that a member has elected to harrass any one on this newsgroup.
It has been my experience on this newsgroup that out in out spammers usually
go away if they are ignored.

I apologize in advance if my rant steps on anyone's toes, but I
sincerely believe that no offense was meant by the original poster.

_____________________
David Norton
Millennium Custom Rods

Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

D. Norton wrote:
Well I guess I'm going to wade in here.
snip
I apologize in advance if my rant steps on anyone's toes, but I
sincerely believe that no offense was meant by the original poster.

Just to reiterate some of David's points, the Usenet newsgroup
rec.outdoors.fishing.bass is an unmoderated newsgroup. Anybody
anywhere can post whatever the hell they like to this Usenet
newsgroup and there's very little anyone can do about it. Like
all unmoderated Usenet newsgroups rofb is self-policing. Which
means anybody named "self" can be the police. Your"self", my"self",
anybody. Ultimately the newsgroup will reflect the intentions of
the regular posters.

Now I don't know who sent emails to family-outdoors, it wasn't me,
but like David I believe no offense was intended. However, the
posts of family-outdoors to this forum are what I would consider
to be Usenet SPAM.

And I never apologize for my rants.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"D. Norton" wrote in message
Well I guess I'm going to wade in here.
No one has been given "any" authority to act on befalf of the members of
this newgroup.As a "longtime" member of the R.O.F.B , I was one of the
members which helped institute
said posting " guidelines" they were always meant to be just that;
giudelines.

There has "never been nor will there "ever" be any "elected" officials of
the rofb. The R.O.F.B. website was put together
by members of this newsgroup, and as such , the site belongs to all
members of the R.O.F.B. There has always been a cutodian of the website,
and over the years this custodian has changed from time to time. As of
now I belive that Bob LaLonde is the
current custodian of the site.

Good point. I have not done that in a while. Sorry. Falling down on the
job I guess.