G Loomis reel seats; Owners what you have?

Old March 30th, 2004, 04:48 PM
QUAKEnSHAKE

Default G Loomis reel seats; Owners what you have?

Ive been looking at a G Loomis rod IMX MBR782c at two different stores
Gander Mountain and a local place.
There are two differences though between them. One is price the other
is the reel seats. My question is about the reel seats. The one on the
Gander Mountain Loomis rod says Fuji on it. The Loomis rod at the Local
place has GLoomis on the reel seat.

So is one of these rods an older model?
Does this even matter?
What do you owners have on yours?

The Local shop rod is on sale.30% off. But if it might be an older
model I might try to haggle a bit more off the price.
Thanks.

Old March 30th, 2004, 09:56 PM
\The Shadow\

Doubt if it is an older model. More likely is that it is a model that Loomis
has built with components made for them in Taiwan. That's why you see a
Loomis branded
reelseat.

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old March 31st, 2004, 02:10 AM
Brad Coovert

Does the GLoomis reel seat have the metal ring on it as opposed to a hood style
reel seat like the Fuji? If so, then it is probably an older model. I recall
Loomis using a metal ring on all their reel seats in the past. After selling
to Shimano, the rods began to change. I think Loomis has went to using all
Fuji reel seats now.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:47 AM
Craig Baugher

Yeah.... what a drag! Harley Davison & AMC, now G.Loomis & Shimano. I love
Loomis, but I am beginning to get concern!

Which reminds me. April is approaching! I am going to be searching for the
person or company that will build my arsenal. I'm going to order a custom
rod from Dave, one from Steve, one from Bay Furnace, and one from Kistler.
Whoever is the best of these four will be building rods for me over the next
few months until I have 3 Spinning rods, 2 flipping sticks, 4 casting, 8
trigger rods. Looks are not important to me. In fact I prefer a dull (no
lacquer) bare blank appearance. But sensitivity, casting distance &
accuracy, and performance under load are all CRITICAL. I also prefer short
round handles (about 7"), even for my casting and flipping sticks. Guides
must be Titanium Frame, SiC inserts (9 or 10 guides). No flash in the
wraps, flat black thread is perfect for me. I prefer 1-pc 7' Heavy Action,
Fast and Extra Fast rods. I use Shimano Chronarch 200 reels for balance
reference. If you guys want to email me a quote, I would appreciate it!

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:44 AM

The reelseats with G Loomis on them are made by Wiebe usually, since they
have been out of business for a while I'd bet the Fuji is the newer rod.
A piece of information though, the newer IMX rods use a glass scrim in the
lower parts of the rod for durability, the older rods used only graphite
scrim for a little lighter and more sensitive rod.
My new GLX travel spinning rod still had partial Wiebe components on it the
threaded part of the skeleton looks like Fuji SKM to me.
Wiebe components are jet black the Fuji parts are more grey in color.
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:13 PM
Jack Dalzell

"Craig Baugher" wrote in message news:%3sac.42328$JO3.32077@attbi_s04...
Which reminds me. April is approaching! I am going to be searching for the
person or company that will build my arsenal. I'm going to order a custom
rod from Dave, one from Steve, one from Bay Furnace, and one from Kistler.

Craig,
I can vouch for Steve, I have 3 of his rods, 2 spinning and one
ultra-heavy flippin' stick. They are awesome, especially the latest
creation, a 7' heavy action spinning rod built on a Legend Elite (is
this right, Steve?) blank with a skeleton reel seat and those new REC
titanium guides. It's ultra light weight, extremely stiff and
sensitive. I caught my first 2 bass of the year last weekend on a
senko in 12 ft of water

In fact I prefer a dull (no lacquer) bare blank appearance.

Yup, I prefer unfinished blanks also. Mine are a matte green with
minimal wrap colors.

I use Shimano Chronarch 200 reels for balance reference.

The Chronarchs are all 100 series reels...........Since lightweight
and sensitivity are a requirement, you should probably try the
Chronarch 100SFMg. It has a magnesium frame and is pretty light.

Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
http://secretweaponlures.com/jdbass/jdhome.htm
~~
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:15 AM
Craig Baugher

Fished with Curado 200 so long, it second nature.

Old April 1st, 2004, 02:16 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jack Dalzell" wrote in message SNIP

the latest
creation, a 7' heavy action spinning rod built on a Legend Elite (is
this right, Steve?) blank with a skeleton reel seat and those new REC
titanium guides. It's ultra light weight, extremely stiff and
sensitive. I caught my first 2 bass of the year last weekend on a
senko in 12 ft of water

In fact I prefer a dull (no lacquer) bare blank appearance.

Yup, I prefer unfinished blanks also. Mine are a matte green with
minimal wrap colors.

I use Shimano Chronarch 200 reels for balance reference.

The Chronarchs are all 100 series reels...........Since lightweight
and sensitivity are a requirement, you should probably try the
Chronarch 100SFMg. It has a magnesium frame and is pretty light.

Yep, that's correct! Now, where are the pictures?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com