Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

Old August 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

On 2010-08-12 17:59:31 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/12/2010 02:52 PM, Giles wrote:
All you've managed to do
thus far is to pick up a couple of notorious fools who cannot beg,
borrow or steal, let alone invent a novel way of making absolute asses
of themselves.

You probably are correct. *It was bad judgment on my part to argue
with them -- rise to the bait, so to speak.

g.
oh, by the way, you might want to take a look at swisher's and
richards' "no hackles" and/or some old classic flies (wet or
dry).....the kind made with paired duck quill wings.....for some ideas
relevant to your quest.

I love them. *They are about 85% of what I was looking
for. *I will be spending a lot of time of that site staring.

I did notice on his flies page, he give a black and white
picture of a Baetis spinner. *So, he is actually trying
to match the little buggers.

http://www.dougswisher.com/flies.htm

Do you mean the figure at top left? snort chortle That is a drawing
of the actual spinner, NOT one that he has tied. *What a maroon.

My sides are hurting .........

"Hurting" like REALLY bad?.......or just hurting like "Yeah, I'm still
an idiot who STILL thinks education is a joke."?

I don't think education is a joke. *Afterall, I am married to a lovely
woman with a PhD in physics. *Not all people need or even should go to
college, Wolfgang. *Both of my children are college educated. *Joanne
and I have helped a neice get her Associate Degree. *Education is
important for some people. *I have two very successful sons-in-law; one
with a college degree, and one without. *Both are equally successful. *
A formal education is not always the answer. *I'll take a man with a
work ethic and drive to succeed over one that went to college to
"succeed".

Dave

Idiot.

g.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-12 13:48:57 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/11/2010 05:42 PM, Giles wrote:

p.s. *watching you twist davie into ever tighter little knot

is
hilarious, whether not not it's intentional.....and, no, i cou

ld
n'
care less either way.

Davie? *Knots? *heeheehee *I am enjoying myself, Wolfgang

.
*I
mmensely
aamof. *I can hardly wait until he discovers google.

Davey

You're an idiot.....and a pig.....and a liar.

g.

Hi Giles,

I never thought these words would escape from my fingers, but I h

av
kind of missed you in your short absence from these pages. *Jus

a little bit. *Not that much. *Don't get the swelled head.

I figured congress went on recess and you finally got a chance to
do some fishing. *:-)

-T

Oh, yes. *And everyone need a stalker in the life. *Thank you
for noticing.

Or a pony. *But Giles is only a one trick pony. *Don't count o

hi
m f
or
very much more than that. *And he loves to stalk too. *Stalkst

al
ks
tal
k.
*Everyone of roff stalks.

Dave, aka The Stalker (or as I like to be known, Chief Stalker)
(my eyes are starting to hurt from all the rolling....)

Moron.

g.

Keep on riding. *You're doing youself proud, Pony Boy.

d;o)

Imbecile.

g.

Giddy up, Pony.

Davey

Idiot.

g.

LOL. *Every time I say giddy up, you do. *Cool. *I have my very own
pony who does as he's told.

Giddy up, pony. *Giddy up.

d;o)

Cretin.

g.

Wow. This is fun. I never had a pony before. You react better than
Jen the hound.

Giddy up, pony. Giddy up.

dP

Old August 13th, 2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-13 10:44:00 -0400, Giles said:

Idiot

g.

I gotta teach ya another trick. This one is getting old. A one trick
pony or jackass just ain't gonna make it. Hmmmmmm........

Davey (happy pony owner and Chief Stalker of trolls)

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

"Todd" wrote in message
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.
Tom

Old August 14th, 2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Todd" wrote:
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.

What a bunch of codswallop. Everybody knows the best way to
understand the relationship between imitation and real bugs
is to read and study journal articles.

I don't know why you guys want to pick on the poor newbie. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/14/2010 01:41 PM, Tom Littleton wrote:
wrote in message
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I looked on both there web sites and could not find any
pictures of flies. Rats. Google was no help either.
I have copied down what you sent me in case I ever
get a chance to use it.

Thank you for helping with my pet project!

-T
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

wrote in message
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you
can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I looked on both there web sites and could not find any
pictures of flies. Rats. Google was no help either.
I have copied down what you sent me in case I ever
get a chance to use it.

Thank you for helping with my pet project!

-T

I stated those two because AA was the originator of the pattern, and I tie
them for PCA.
Tom

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

wrote in message
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you
can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I looked on both there web sites and could not find any
pictures of flies. Rats. Google was no help either.
I have copied down what you sent me in case I ever
get a chance to use it.

Thank you for helping with my pet project!

-T

I stated those two because AA was the originator of the pattern, and I tie
them for PCA.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Any chance of PCA putting a picture of it up on their web
site? Do you know of anywhere that might have a picture?

-T