California dreaming

Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Z

Default California dreaming

9 below zero and 30 below windchill this morning in SOUTH Dakota.You
would think this was northern Wisconsin! ;-) One week from tomorrow my
wife and I head for Escondido to see my son and his family before
heads to Iraq again. Lake Dixon is is just a couple miles from his
place. I know the timing is wrong but it will still be fun to throw a
line in the former home of a 25lb Largemouth. Joe Z
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Joe Z" wrote in message
9 below zero and 30 below windchill this morning in SOUTH Dakota.You
would think this was northern Wisconsin! ;-) One week from tomorrow my
wife and I head for Escondido to see my son and his family before
heads to Iraq again. Lake Dixon is is just a couple miles from his
place. I know the timing is wrong but it will still be fun to throw a
line in the former home of a 25lb Largemouth. Joe Z

LOL, it is a might chilly and snow up here right now. If I were you, I'd
take at least one rod and a small tackle tray of lures. The fishing will be
all right, even if the catching is lousy, and it's a lot better than sitting
inside and watching the snow pile up in the driveway!

Joe, I think the state of South Dakota owes my daughter some money. She and
a friend came from Lander Wyoming for the holidays. They left Friday
morning and somewhere around Kimball, South Dakota, my daughter cleaned out
a stretch of the ditch along I-90, saving the highway workers from having to
do it themselves! I guess it was pretty bad driving conditions, as the trip
which normally takes only 18.5 hours took them almost 38 hours! Although 4
hours of that was spent waiting for a tow truck.....

Go fishing when you're visiting your son and thank him for me for his
service to our country.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
DanD

Hay you trying to make fun of Wisconsin???

I want to second the tell your son thanks for his service........
Let him know we ( I ) appreciate him.

Will also second the take a pole with you.
Let us know how it goes::::
Dan

--

Sometimes the best thing to do:
Is nothing at all.

9 below zero and 30 below windchill this morning in SOUTH Dakota.You
would think this was northern Wisconsin! ;-) . I know the timing is

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

California dreaming

From: (Joe*Z)

9 below zero and 30 below windchill this morning in SOUTH Dakota.You
would think this was northern Wisconsin! ;-) One week from tomorrow my
wife and I head for Escondido to see my son and his family before heads
to Iraq again. Lake Dixon is is just a couple miles from his place. I
know the timing is wrong but it will still be fun to throw a line in the
former home of a 25lb Largemouth. Joe Z

=======

I envy you Joe...but I am going out to Ramona, Ca around March...start
of the spawn out there.

The kid had two tournaments in December, and has two more in January in
the San Diego area...he told me the bass fishing is tough, but they are
still getting limits. But the big "girls" are in hiding right now!

Take some soft plastics, drop shot rig with a 4' leader, 3/16 weight,
and a 4" Senko. Toss it right next to a cover...then lift the bait until
you feel the weight, and drop it again....keep that presentation up...if
there is a bass in the cover...they'll eat it! (Tip from the kid for
winter presentations)

If you have a computer out there, e-mail me and I'll call the kid and
see what's happening that week, and where the best options are. Lake
Dixon is a tough lake to fish in the winter...very small, and the cover
is scarce if you don't know where to look! Around the docks offer some
opportunities....I think one of them is closed for construction though.

Any way, have a great trip, and enjoy the visit with your son!!!! The
best of luck to him, and I too thank him for his service!

John B

Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Z

California dreaming *

From: (Joe*Z)

[...]

Wow! Thanks for the great tips! I will bring a couple rods and give it
a try. My son has not wet a line except for visits home for the last
10 years he has been in the Marines. I am breaking that mark against
him next week. ;-) Thanks Steve and DanD for your kind words too. my e-
mail is
My ISP dropped Newsgroups awhile back so Google is my option right now
for posting and that is a pain. JoeZ
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Joe Z" wrote in message

Wow! Thanks for the great tips! I will bring a couple rods and give it
a try. My son has not wet a line except for visits home for the last
10 years he has been in the Marines. I am breaking that mark against
him next week. ;-) Thanks Steve and DanD for your kind words too. my e-

Your boy is a a jarhead? Tell him anytime he wants to make a trip over to
Yuma I'll take him out on the river. From late February on through summer I
can probably find him some fish. Its up to him to catch them after that.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 28th, 2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"Joe Z" wrote in message
California dreaming

From: (Joe Z)

[...]