Just a little winter bass

Old January 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Just a little winter bass

Took my dad out for a few hours the Saturday after Christmas. Mostly we
just trolled some rattletraps hoping for a striper or three for dinner. We
also spent some time throwing a crankbait and worming around a rock pile.
We missed some small fish and then decided to troll back to our put in
point. Caught two bass after sunset and getting close to full dark. One
little ten inch dink, and this 3+ pounder.

http://www.yumabassman.com/bulletinb...p=16101#p16101

It was really fun bringing in a 4 pound fish against the trolling speed of
the boat. Made it a real challenge. Unless a fish makes a powerful run on
me I just drop down to about 3 mph when I hook one while trolling. It saves
time and effort with getting lines in and out, and actually helps reduce
tangled lines. Also too many times I have been bringing one in and hooked
another one. Especially with stripers (what we were actually fishing for).
We did have one striper on, but it came unbuttoned about ten feet from the
boat. Nothing big. Just a little 14-15 incher.

I did also get around to launching at my favorite backwater dirt ramp with
the new (new to me) 4x4 for the first time. I definitely need to get some
good AT radials on the truck, but over all it did ok. I felt one tire slip
for maybe about 1 spin before I eased off and just walked her up the hill.
There was plenty of water though and we did not have to back around into the
channel to launch like some times in the past.

Bob La Londe
http://www.yumabassman.com

Old January 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

http://www.yumabassman.com/bulletinb...f=4&t=3057&p=1...

[...]

P.S. It dropped down to a harsh 55F by the time we got off the
water. That’s about 54 when you factor in the wind chill. LOL. I
actually put on a jacket after the sun set.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
DanD

54 with wind chill I feel for you::::
Wis -8 no wind
thanks much