Secret Weapon Sidearm - thanks for your help, ROFB

Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
johnval1

Default Secret Weapon Sidearm - thanks for your help, ROFB

"Ken Blevins" wrote in message ..
DAMN -This is the longest on going thread I've seen in this NG in a
year
Ken Blevins [no other opinions ]

Look at it this way Ken. Someone in the group not long ago declared this NG
dead due to lack of posts. I guess this shows there is a little life here
after all.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

Default Secret Weapon Sidearm - thanks for your help (Lets choosesides!)

And have a flag football game to decide the matter.....I'll furnish the
keg, if someone else will bring the ball.

I guarantee it to be more fun than the philosophical game that's being
played .

I hate spam...the kind that tries to harvest e-mail addresses, and
employs little tricks to try and get you to open them....but I always
enjoy most of the posts on here that talk about individual
accomplishments, both on the water, and in the "shop".

I have, and always will continue to admire an entrepreneur...that
includes you too Rodney !

I have refrained from posting much about equipment here since I was
chastised for mentioning a rod my son uses, and asking opinions about
it.....it's one of his sponsors products. I think the response went
something like this..."Why don't you ask your son, he's the pro team
captain for them!"....followed by another reply, "Good catch on the spam
XX!".

We have several fishing guides that post here, a couple of entrepreneurs
in the fishing tackle business, a few that write articles on bass
fishing for publication, and some of us that enjoy reading about it
all....I really don't see the "spam" in it, at least not what I consider
spam.

Just my not so humble opinion

John K

Old January 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

Default OTS... is SPAM in the eye of the beholder?

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:41:06 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
wrote:

I defer to others' expertise regarding SPAM. Nobody I know is as finely
attuned to the nuances of SPAM or as dedicated to its eradication (good luck
with that, by the way) as a few of our members are, so could I get someone
to explain to me again exactly constitutes SPAM, please?

BIG TIME SNIP
Your posts are not spam Joe!

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

You are welcome.

Regards,

Joe
--------------------
Secret Weapon Lures
http://secretweaponlures.com
"Over $3,000 in ROFB Product/Service Donations Since 2001"
-------------------------

Dan

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old January 4th, 2007, 03:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:37:15 -0600, (John Kerr) wrote:

[...]

John, I'm to crippled to play football! LOL

Ask about equipment all ya want, that is one of the purposes of this
group!

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

No truer words have ever been posted here... How many more people here will
agree? Come on, let's have a show of hands. Also state if you've ever met
this guy in person, because if you haven't, you're missing out.

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
news
For the record, I want to
state for the world to see that anyone who would ever question Joe's

ethics
or morals would have to be (stop reading now, Joe... you hate this word)

an
ignorant, illiterate asshole!

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Scott Seidman

"johnval1" wrote in news:EJVmh.14520$Gw4.2437
@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

I do not see Joe's post as a misuse of usernet. Sorry that you do.

It's "usenet", not "usernet", but that would be another tutorial. Far be
it from me to tell you what usernet protocol is. Obviously, you've been
around long enough to know all the fairly widespread conventions, why
they exist, and even the name of the medium you're communicating in.
Maybe you've even been around long enough to see a few perfectly good
usernet groups killed by spammers.

It wasn't so much the spam for me. Someone posted a question as to
whether people here thought one of his post was spam, and I answered yes,
without comment, as none was needed. Push comes to shove, I couldn't
really care less whether he's hawking his stuff.

It was the silly post dripping with self importance from Rodney that got
the well-deserved reply. I don't care what kind of a guy he is. He made
a stupid post that made him sound arrogent as hell, and I called him on
it. I would call my best friend out for the same thing. Of course,
you'd have us ignore centuries of Greek tragedy and half of Shakespeare's
plays, and assert that there's nothing wrong with too much pride in
oneself.

Again, Rodney is a big boy, and certainly doesn't need you to defend him.
It looks kind of odd, frankly.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
johnval1

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message:

From conventions to Shakespeare, to the self-anointed post of the
Calling-Out-Czar. Thank you for keeping us on the straight and narrow
Scott. Our lives has been so very barren 'till now...

More importantly, just tied on new Yo-Zuri Hybrid 8 lb line onto my go-to
spinning reel. Do you or anyone else recommend a Palomar knot with this
stuff, or should I stick with a Trilene knot?

My disclaimer is that I have absolutely no commercial interest in Yo-Zuri,
its subsidiaries, affiliates, nor alliances. I have not accepted any form
of compensation nor remuneration for the mention of this commercial product
in this or any other venue. My question is prompted solely by my desire to
keep a damned fish from busting a knot loose.

Old January 4th, 2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

I stand with Charles and Bob beside Joe. I've never met Joe, but we've
swapped a few emails and I've been reading his posts for years. Joe is
a stand-up guy I would be proud to share a boat with or live next door
to.

Usenet spam isn't just advertisements, it is unwanted posts, whether
the poster is selling anything or not. I've never read a post of Joe's
that I wished I hadn't. On of the greatest things usenet has over
web-based forums is the ability to killfile someone. If you don't like
what Joe has to say, put him in the killfile. What's that you say? You
dont want to killfile him because he contributes some great posts? Then
shut up about his posts being spam! At least he doesn't change his
email every few months to get out of everybody's killfile, like some
others do. He never comes off condescending or outright rude like some
others here, either. He made a friendly offer to all of us because MANY
of us right here love the Secret Weapon Lures products, and I, for one,
am glad that he makes these offers.
Thanks Joe!

Old January 5th, 2007, 02:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
news
No truer words have ever been posted here... How many more people here
will
agree? Come on, let's have a show of hands. Also state if you've ever met
this guy in person, because if you haven't, you're missing out.

I've known Joe for a number of years now and am proud to call him friend.
Of course that also goes for a number of people on this group that I've
gotten to know attending the various Classics.

That includes the "infamous" Bob Rickard and even you Charles! :-)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 5th, 2007, 04:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jim Laumann

snip.....

Ken

If you don't like Joe's posts - don't read them!! - It's that
simple.

I don't like SPAM. It's that simple.

Joe and Charles are both stand-up guys - so give it
a rest.

I don't doubt for one second that both are gentlmen, scholars
and fine judges of horse flesh and women, not to mention guys
I'd enjoy meeting and sharing a fishing trip with. But this
Usenet newsgroup thing is self-policing and if I see something
I don't like, SPAM for instance, I speak up. If you don't like
my posts, don't read them.

Ken

Good come back.....

I've read your posts over the years since I learned you did your bass
fishing w/ a flyrod - I've got one - but have a lot to learn - so I've
looked at your posts for info.....

But, ok - fair is fair - you stop banging on Joe now - as this is the
last of yours that I'll be reading.

Good luck to you in the future Ken

Jim