My new boat...

Old July 20th, 2006, 05:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default My new boat...

Pick it up tomorrow!

http://www.midtennclassic.org/pic/shadow.jpg

Old July 20th, 2006, 01:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Z

"Jeff Burke" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:50:22 -0500, "Charles Summers"
wrote:

Pick it up tomorrow!

http://www.midtennclassic.org/pic/shadow.jpg

Good choice. Remember to take your PFD on every trip, that thing looks like
it'll be a bit unstable in heavy seas. :-)

How about trying to cast off the front deck??? ;-) Joe Z.

Old July 20th, 2006, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

wrote:

Pick it up tomorrow!

http://www.midtennclassic.org/pic/shadow.jpg

I'll see if I can find the URL for a rod holder I saw. Should troll
along nicely. I hear they are real slow coming on plane though. Let
us know how she takes rough water.
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bill & Sue

Not much of a casting deck. Where's the live well? Doc

. ..

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Pick it up tomorrow!

http://www.midtennclassic.org/pic/shadow.jpg

SaaaahhhhWeeeeeet! I like Shadows. I have owned several of them. None of
the newer ones, but... I can't tell from the picture for sure. Which
model Shadow did you pick up.

P.S. I knew you would find yourself on a middle weight cruiser. Best bike
choice for most folks IMO. Ok in traffic and around town, but big enough to
tour in a pinch.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old July 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default OT: My new boat...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Pick it up tomorrow!

http://www.midtennclassic.org/pic/shadow.jpg

SaaaahhhhWeeeeeet! I like Shadows. I have owned several of them. None

of
the newer ones, but... I can't tell from the picture for sure. Which
model Shadow did you pick up.

P.S. I knew you would find yourself on a middle weight cruiser. Best

bike
choice for most folks IMO. Ok in traffic and around town, but big enough

tour in a pinch.

Ah... I saw from your other thread that its a VLX. Pretty bike. I had a
1988 I bought a decade ago for my wife to learn to ride on. I thought it
was underpowered, but adequate. She road it from Yuma to Laughlin once, and
had a blast rolling all those turns going up and down the mountain at Tahoe
with it. I had a hard time following it in the twisties. I've also got a
2001 version of it that I picked up from a buddy because he needed the cash.
It feels like its got a little more power than the '88, but not a lot. I
noticed they did change the steering geometry with an offset triple tree to
improve low speed handling. The '88 really liked to go straight. LOL. I
think you will enjoy your '06 very much. Resale on them drops pretty quick
after purchase, but then holds steady for many years in the mid to high 2s
for a good used one.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old July 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Actually, it's 2001 Shadow ACE 750.

From what I hear, it's 100% made in USA. It was delivered here at work
yesterday morning, and I must say that it is a SWEET ride! So easy to ride
and doesn't feel heavy at all like I was expecting it to. I'm glad I went
with the 750 over the 600... but I don't know why. LOL

Old July 21st, 2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Actually, it's 2001 Shadow ACE 750.

Ah, much better bike. Like I said. I feel the 600 VLX is underpowered for
guys our size.

From what I hear, it's 100% made in USA.

Yeah, Shadows and Goldwings were assembled here in the US and have been for
many years. I heard they closed the US plant a couple years ago though. I
have not really tried to confirm that.

It was delivered here at work
yesterday morning, and I must say that it is a SWEET ride! So easy to ride
and doesn't feel heavy at all like I was expecting it to. I'm glad I went
with the 750 over the 600... but I don't know why. LOL

LOL. Those middle weight cruisers really are the easiest bikes to ride IMO.
Honda Shadows seem to do really well and have very low serious maintenance.
Change the battery every year or so, Do the factory reccomended service,
and it should last you a good long time. Service it a little more often if
it doesn't get ridden, and atleast every spring if you park it for the
winter.

My main ride right now is a VF750C Magna. A V4 instead of a V-twin
configuration. My backup is of course the VLX which I'll be selling
shortly. Actually I'll probably sell both and use that as a down payment on
something brand new. I've been looking at the new 900 Kawasaki Vulcan, but
then its not much more $ for the bigger Vulcans.

The only major thing I have against the Ace is the same thing I have against
my Magna and the VLX is its a chain drive. You have to clean, lube, &
adjust your chain fairly often especially here in the desert. It transfers
more HP to the rear wheel than a shaft drive, but it has more maintenance.
The belt drive with modern zero stretch belts is a much better choice for a
cruiser IMO. Good power transfer and low maintenance.

Now you get to figure out how to strap a fishing pole on that bad motor
scooter. (It can be done.) I have bank hopped from one spot to the next on
my old Harley on the way home from a motorcycle run many times. Caught
plenty of fish doing it too.

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Hey, you guys wanna hear about my new patio?

Didn't think so...

Warren ;-)

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Actually, it's 2001 Shadow ACE 750.

Ah, much better bike. Like I said. I feel the 600 VLX is underpowered
for guys our size.

From what I hear, it's 100% made in USA.

Old July 21st, 2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
Hey, you guys wanna hear about my new patio?

Didn't think so...

Sure, but you gotta title your post something like, "My new practice
platform."

LOL

--
Bob La Londe