Test

Old October 27th, 2006, 09:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Huck Palmatier

Default Test

....last post 10/23/06

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Huck P

.....10/27

Old October 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

I think our beloved newsgroup is no more. Wonder what happened?

Cryin shame too...

Warren

"Huck P" wrote in message
....10/27

Old October 27th, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"WARREN WOLK" wrote in message
I think our beloved newsgroup is no more. Wonder what happened?

Cryin shame too...

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? The group is still here, it's just that no one
is talking much.

How about an account of what happened to you in your last tournament? You
said you were going to tell, but then dropped off the planet again.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Frankly Stevo, it's very tough to get motivated to sit down & type for an
hour when I see about 5 posts a week here lately. I sat down to type my
story, but when I saw how unactive this group has been lately I decided my
time was better spent on other things. Heck, it's not even winter most
places yet, it would be nice to see some signs of life & some pertinent
content on rofb.

jmho

Warren

Old October 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
johnval1

Warren, from the strictly amateur perspective up here in MI, fishing is just
crap right now. Not much to report at all. We have mix of rain and snow
this morning, 40 degrees and winds predicted at gusts of 50 mph for later
today. In the past three weeks, I have thrown just about everything I own
into the water and have caught almost nothing.

I hear the steelheads are running very nice on the westerm MI rivers, but I
don't have enough confidence in my awful flyfishing abilites to go after
them. I am thinking about going to fly school next spring so I can take
advantage of these opportunities when the bass are down for the count.

Outside of the obvious Orvis shools, any advice or recommendations on fly
fishing instruction in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, I am hoping for a cold winter with thick ice so I can be
productive again.

Old October 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"johnval1" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Fly fishing isn't rocket science. It's a matter of practice and muscle
memory. Go buy a basic fly rod setup, get a video on flycasting and go into
the back yard and practice! I figured it out on my own, and while no one is
going to film me casting for a remake of A River Runs Through It, I can
manage to get a fly laid out a reasonalbe distance.

Old October 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

WARREN WOLK wrote:
Frankly Stevo, it's very tough to get motivated to sit down & type for an
hour when I see about 5 posts a week here lately.

From the perspective of someone who recently began to post here, it is

a very small tight nit group that doesn't warm to outsiders easily.

Old October 29th, 2006, 01:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Damifino

wrote in message
ps.com...

WARREN WOLK wrote:
Frankly Stevo, it's very tough to get motivated to sit down & type for an
hour when I see about 5 posts a week here lately.

From the perspective of someone who recently began to post here, it is

a very small tight nit group that doesn't warm to outsiders easily.

Tell me about it J.S....
Hope everythings well with you. Crappie are tearin it up here in Alabama on
Lay Lake!

Old October 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

Warren, I don't see my last post, so I'll try again. You might want to
check with your provider, 'cause Google shows 377 posts so far this
month. While that isn't a lot, it is a lot more than 5 per week, and
it's up considerably from this month last year. If you don't reply to
this I'll assume you didn't see it and try email. I haven't posted much
because my wife is ill and I've only had one trip since July. I'll make
an effort to post about it since people are starved for info.

Henry