Suggestions?

Old January 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default Suggestions?

Looking for a 12 to 14 foot jonboat... any brands that I should avoid? Will
be powered first with a trolling motor, eventually to be replaced with a
gas.

Won't be used in any big lakes, except maybe the coves at Percy Priest,
which I know I can navigate fairly well in a smaller boat. Otherwise, to be
used in the smaller lakes around here where the bigger fish hang out (read:
Stocked). LOL

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S

I would think any of them would be OK......On the other hand maybe you could
rig a couple of paddles to that nice new bike you got and then you will not
need a motor :-)

Chris S
Replace com with net to e-mail
---

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Looking for a 12 to 14 foot jonboat... any brands that I should avoid?
Will be powered first with a trolling motor, eventually to be replaced
with a gas.

Won't be used in any big lakes, except maybe the coves at Percy Priest,
which I know I can navigate fairly well in a smaller boat. Otherwise, to
be used in the smaller lakes around here where the bigger fish hang out
(read: Stocked). LOL

Heck Charles, as long as you're as close to BassPro as you are, you might as
well go get one of theirs. But the Cat is for sale too...... And I could
be talked into delivering.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
I'd have to sell my house, wife, and kids to afford that Fast Cat Steve...
even then I'd be in debt for the next ten years.

I've looked at the BPS boats and they're not bad. Still haven't decided
between the 12 and 14 foot size. I'm hoping that I'll have a partner or
two to fish with, but also want something light enough to load into the
back of my truck and put in the water by myself.

I've fished from 12 footers. Trust me, get the 14 and just eat your
Wheaties.....

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Ok... you're one of the few that I listen to Steve. If you say 14, then 14
it is.

The 14' jon boat from BPS is only 120lbs, compared to the 105lbs for the
12'... and only $70 more.

Old January 21st, 2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
LJM

Charles Summers wrote:

Looking for a 12 to 14 foot jonboat... any brands that I should avoid? Will
be powered first with a trolling motor, eventually to be replaced with a
gas.

Won't be used in any big lakes, except maybe the coves at Percy Priest,
which I know I can navigate fairly well in a smaller boat. Otherwise, to be
used in the smaller lakes around here where the bigger fish hang out (read:
Stocked). LOL

You may want to check out Xpress Jon Boats. I used to have the 16'
tunnel hull with a 50 Yamaha but being the idiot I was/am I sold it. I
will soon be buying a new Xpress if I really get back into bass fishing
which it looks like I will. Here's a link. Good luck.

http://xpressboats.com/series/jon/rec.html

Jim
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
OhioFishking

"Charles Summers" snip
Looking for a 12 to 14 foot jonboat... any brands that I should avoid?

I think there is a man law that prohibits you from purchasing any boat after
selling a boat for a bike. I believe it's a 1 year waiting period, even then
you must have in writing, an apology to all bass fisherman