Tackle Shops Still In The Dark Ages?

Old March 25th, 2005, 02:33 PM
memstore memstore is offline
Junior Member

Default Tackle Shops Still In The Dark Ages?

Hello All,

I thought I would get some peoples opinions on this new tackle company called ‘EasyTackle.com’ apparently they have got some pretty big anglers involved with sponsorship and product development. I know they have just opened a large tackle shop by me and from what I hear they are trying to open up tackle shops all over.

From the people I have been speaking to there aim is to bring fishing and tackle sales out of the dark ages and up to speed with new technology and advancements in the sport. I hope they do, I haven’t found many tackle dealers that offer a good range of products as well as good customer service.

What does everybody else think?

Do you think there is a calling for new companies like this who are trying to modernise and improve our great sport?

What do you want from a tackle shop or tackle website?

Where is the best tackle shop you have ever been to?

What is the best tackle website you have used?

I look forward to hearing everybody’s views.

Thank You
James

P.S I think there website is www.easytackle.com
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
STICKMAN

Never heard of it!
What is their location?
"memstore" wrote in message

Hello All,

I thought I would get some peoples opinions on this new tackle company
called 'EasyTackle.com' apparently they have got some pretty big
anglers involved with sponsorship and product development. I know they
have just opened a large tackle shop by me and from what I hear they
are trying to open up tackle shops all over.

From the people I have been speaking to there aim is to bring fishing
and tackle sales out of the dark ages and up to speed with new
technology and advancements in the sport. I hope they do, I haven't
found many tackle dealers that offer a good range of products as well
as good customer service.

--
memstore

Old March 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM

I don't understand what you mean by bringing tackle shops out of the
dark ages.

You either have your little Mom and Pop stores or you have your big
chains like Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, just like any other type
of store.

What makes "Easy Tackle" so special??

Old March 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
David H. Lipman

| I don't understand what you mean by bringing tackle shops out of the
| dark ages.
|
| You either have your little Mom and Pop stores or you have your big
| chains like Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops.
|
| Both have their advantages and disadvantages, just like any other type
| of store.
|
| What makes "Easy Tackle" so special??

He has a stake in the company !

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old March 27th, 2005, 02:58 AM
jackk

You mean that you bought it enouogh to go look?

" |
| I don't understand what you mean by bringing tackle shops out of the
| dark ages.
|
| You either have your little Mom and Pop stores or you have your big
| chains like Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops.
|
| Both have their advantages and disadvantages, just like any other type
| of store.
|
| What makes "Easy Tackle" so special??

He has a stake in the company !

You can bet the rent money on that. Why else would he refer anyone to
a site proposed to bring fishing out of the "dark ages" but that only
sells CHEESY T-SHIRTS! The boy is squirrely.

Old March 27th, 2005, 04:02 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "Beauray Rippy"

| On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:58:59 -0800, "jackk"
| wrote:

You mean that you bought it enouogh to go look?

| If I'm going to criticize I feel should at least know what I'm
| criticizing. I haven't the physic powers that some do...Know what I
| mean?
| |

I agree with you !

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Dan Krueger

memstore wrote:
Hello All,

I thought I would get some peoples opinions on this new tackle company
called ‘EasyTackle.com’ apparently they have got some pretty big
anglers involved with sponsorship and product development. I know they
have just opened a large tackle shop by me and from what I hear they
are trying to open up tackle shops all over.

From the people I have been speaking to there aim is to bring fishing
and tackle sales out of the dark ages and up to speed with new
technology and advancements in the sport. I hope they do, I haven’t
found many tackle dealers that offer a good range of products as well
as good customer service.

What does everybody else think?

Do you think there is a calling for new companies like this who are
trying to modernise and improve our great sport?

What do you want from a tackle shop or tackle website?

Where is the best tackle shop you have ever been to?

What is the best tackle website you have used?

I look forward to hearing everybody’s views.

Thank You
James

P.S I think there website is www.easytackle.com

You "think" that is the URL? You own it, spammer! Nice try, douchebag!

registrant-firstname: James
registrant-lastname: Morgan
registrant-organization: Memorabilia-Store.com
registrant-street1: 155 Stratford Road, Hall Green
registrant-street2: 1556 Stratford Road
registrant-pcode: B28 9HA
registrant-city: Birmingham
registrant-ccode: GB
registrant-phone: +44.1217440422
registrant-fax: +44.1217440433
registrant-email:

admin-c-firstname: James
admin-c-lastname: Morgan
admin-c-organization: Memorabilia-Store.com
admin-c-street1: 155 Stratford Road, Hall Green
admin-c-street2: 1556 Stratford Road
admin-c-pcode: B28 9HA
admin-c-city: Birmingham
admin-c-ccode: GB
admin-c-phone: +44.1217440422
admin-c-fax: +44.1217440433
admin-c-email:

Old March 27th, 2005, 01:18 PM
memstore memstore is offline
Junior Member

Hello All,

Spamming really wasn't my aim, I just wanted an honest opinion of tackle shops, I won't include the url in future listings.

Do you find that the tackle shops you use keep up to date with the latest baits and terminal tackle? I find that exciting new items you tend to read about in the angling mags don't show up in tackle shops for some time. A lot of tackle shop owners don't pioneer new baits and equipment.

What is the main factor in you trying a new bait or peice of tackle?

Do you find that the selection of baits in most tackle shops is pretty limited?

What bait, equipment or service would you like to see more of in tackle shops?

Thnak You
James
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:34 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "memstore"

| Hello All,
|
| Spamming really wasn't my aim, I just wanted an honest opinion oftackle shops, I won't
| include the url in future listings.
|
| Do you find that the tackle shops you use keep up to date with thelatest baits and
| terminal tackle? I find that exciting new items youtend to read about in the angling mags
| don't show up in tackle shopsfor some time. A lot of tackle shop owners don't pioneer new
| baits andequipment.
|
| What is the main factor in you trying a new bait or peice of tackle?
|
| Do you find that the selection of baits in most tackle shops is prettylimited?
|
| What bait, equipment or service would you like to see more of in tackleshops?
|
| Thnak You
| James-- memstore

Ummm...

Salt Water ?
Fresh water ?
Lakes or rivers ?

Seems to me that a tackle shop will speacilize based upon their locale.

I certainly wouldn't want to use fresh water gear and lures when fishing for Stripers in the
surf.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old March 28th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Bob La Londe

Its a mixed bag. I have found local small tackle shops are a wealth of
useful information. I have yet to have anybody from Bass Pro Shops or
Wal-Mart give me a hot tip that paid off.

**
** Name that color contest by Batey Custom Lures
**
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

"memstore" wrote in message

Hello All,

I thought I would get some peoples opinions on this new tackle company
called 'EasyTackle.com' apparently they have got some pretty big
anglers involved with sponsorship and product development. I know they
have just opened a large tackle shop by me and from what I hear they
are trying to open up tackle shops all over.

From the people I have been speaking to there aim is to bring fishing