Ping Ronnie Garrison

Old January 4th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Bill Durham

Default Ping Ronnie Garrison

Hey....Allatoona's down 15'....what kind of water would you fish for bass?

thanks
BD
Old January 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM

This message never showed up on my AOHell account - just found it on
Google. Sorry.

I got my January GON today and it has an article I wrote about Jan
spots at Allatoona. I think the best bet is to fish a small jig and
pig or Texas rigged Finesse worm on steep rocky banks - they are all
over the lake. Fish those bluff banks real slow, hopping the bait in
little jumps that follow the bottom down. That is what most of the
Allatoona guys I have fished with up there do this time of year. Also,
jigging a spoon under the balls of shad works good - bass may be down
40 feet so fish deep!

Old January 10th, 2005, 12:58 AM
RGarri7470

I tried
jigging a spoon under them but didn't have any takers. I wonder if I
dropped a white Senko through them If I would get bit???

January issue is out to subscribers - will take a few days to hit the stores.

A Senko will work but will take a long time to get down there is they are deep.
I got a keeper spot today on a white Senko Carolina rigged and drug thru a
brush pile in about 16 feet of water. Also, if the shad are up off the bottom
the bass, especially spots, may hold right under them but off the bottom
suspended. A drop shot may get them too.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Bill Durham

RGarri7470 wrote:

I tried
jigging a spoon under them but didn't have any takers. I wonder if I
dropped a white Senko through them If I would get bit???

January issue is out to subscribers - will take a few days to hit the stores.

A Senko will work but will take a long time to get down there is they are deep.
I got a keeper spot today on a white Senko Carolina rigged and drug thru a
brush pile in about 16 feet of water. Also, if the shad are up off the bottom
the bass, especially spots, may hold right under them but off the bottom
suspended. A drop shot may get them too.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Ronnie,

I went last Wed...while waiting in line at the ramp..it was very busy
for a Wed! the guys in front of me said that they caught 12 hybrids the
Sat. before...trolling. I saw the lures they were using and they were
long minnow type crank baits with big bills. Anyway, I casted for a few
hours with no luck and finally got up to Clear Creek and started in.
The water is so low it looks pretty creepy! Anyway, I'm seeing huge
balls of shad on the finder, so what the heck...I started trolling a Fat
Free Shad...Red over white. About 2 minutes into the pass...I get bit
by a really fat hybrid..probably 3 lbs! I made a few more passes and
caught 2 Spots, one keeper and one small one. Went back this Sunday and
got 2 nice hybrids and a keeper Spot..same method..find the shad and
troll! This time of year, why not!

BD