Brening Gathering 16th July 2005

Old June 14th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Dave Lane

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Wasn't it Dave who picked up his handbag and replied:

oh yeah, you're full of it allright...:+)

Ooooooh!....... handbags at twenty paces Dave? ;o)

you couldn't cast one that far, stick to the boobies mate...
--

.... It's a great place, and the drinks are cold!
Old June 15th, 2005, 09:49 AM
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Oh come come Dave, If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times,
don't exaggerate!

Pillowcases indeed..... It's a perfect tying and imitation of a feather
duster.

Dave doesn't exaggerate - I thought you were using the Lawsonian Budgie
fly myself ;-)

Have a great time - you'll be safe without me.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Alec Powell

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, GasMan, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Alec,

Cheers mate. I will be attending as I have a romme booked for the
friday and saturday nights. I am hoping to get the chancellor to attend
but I am unsure. Even if she does come she will not be fishing.

I am quite chilled about the weekend and will try to fit in with the crowd.

Regards
Charles

Charles,
I have been getting confused! (Must be my age!) I realise now that you
are the guy who asked about our meeting back in January. Therefore you
are the sixth not the seventh taker. Therefore there will be a place on
a boat for you as I have booked 3 boats. Reg and myself on one, Andy and
his mate on another and you have the delights of sharing with Dave Lane.
I am sure that you'll be very happy together. And don't worry "Billy
Nomates" -
you'll have a few after Brenig!
BTW tried to email you at GasMan
but it bounced. Send me an email so we can talk if we need to.
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk/

Old June 15th, 2005, 08:55 PM
GasMan

Alec Powell wrote:
[...]

Excellent news Alec

Sorry about the address please use

Charles
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:40 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave Lane
writes
In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
In message
GasMan wrote:

Alec Powell wrote:

Charles, yes, you could book a boat on your own and there are no spare
places. What we could do is to take it in turns to do a bit of bank
fishing so everyone gets a boat trip out of it. I'm sure the others
will
agree with me on this. Other alternative is to find another taker for
the meeting.
Come along anyway!
Cheers,
Alec

Alec,

Cheers mate. I will be attending as I have a romme booked for the friday
and saturday nights. I am hoping to get the chancellor to attend but I
am unsure. Even if she does come she will not be fishing.

I am quite chilled about the weekend

don't worry, we're quite harmless, and don't bite. Neither do the fish.
Unless you throw bright orange pillowcases at them, do they Andy?

Oh come come Dave, If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times,
don't exaggerate!

Pillowcases indeed..... It's a perfect tying and imitation of a feather
duster.

am very much looking forward to this weekend- due to other things cropping
up, it might be the only fishing I get in this year.
cheers all

Dave

sniff.... No... stop it Dave.. sniff... I'm filling up...sniff sniff

oh yeah, you're full of it allright...:+)

Hi Dave,

Check out this web-site for info on what's doing the business on
Brenig:-

http://www.fishing.visitwales.com/fe...&n2=110&n3=111

Might be of some use to you guys.

Tight Lines
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Andy Lawson

Only 2 weeks to go!

--
Andy Lawson

Old July 3rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
GasMan

Andy Lawson wrote:
Only 2 weeks to go!

SShhhhh......

Or someone will change the weather

Charles
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Alec Powell

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, GasMan, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Andy Lawson wrote:
Only 2 weeks to go!

SShhhhh......

Or someone will change the weather

Charles: we always have "good" weather. (That is, when we are sitting in
the Glan Aber watching AL pigging out on his lamb shanks). When we are
actually fishing....well that is another story. All will be revealed on
the 15th!
Any latecomers interested in the event of the year?
Cheers,
Alec
--
FROM THE 'CHRONICLE OF THE CONQUEST OF GRANADA', BY FRIAR ANTONIO AGAPIDA
COMMENTING ON LORD RIVER'S ENGLISH CONTINGENT TAKING PART IN THE LAST CRUSADE
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Andy Lawson

Wasn't it Alec Powell who wrote:

snip
(That is, when we are sitting in
the Glan Aber watching AL pigging out on his lamb shanks).

snip

Oh please, get it right Mr Powell. It's Lamb cutlets not shanks!

Anyway, I seem to recall you doing rather well with the Curry? ;o)

--
Andy Lawson

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Alec Powell

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Anyway, I seem to recall you doing rather well with the Curry? ;o)

Yeah!! And poor old Diamonds will have to put up with the trumpeting all
night. (Might cancel out his snoring, eh Diamonds?)
And, Andy....fill us in on preferred flies/lures etc. Are we supposed to
be stocking up with boobies or "real" flies?
Alec, (who hopefully will be there mid Friday afternoon - usual spot in
the bar?)