Hows the fishin'

Old October 19th, 2004, 09:25 PM
John Franklin

Default Hows the fishin'

How is the fishing in J Percy Priest Lake in Nashville Tenn. ? I will be
moving there in about 4 weeks.

John

Old October 19th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Pepperoni

I can't give a recent report. 30 years ago, fishing was excellent. Shore
fishing was great, with campgrounds and multiple access points around the
lake. They had a growing fishery for stripers that was receiving a lot of
attention.

My favorite site was above the dam. I fished minnows on light line to good
effect.

Its a huge lake with a complex shoreline. When I was there, it was a new
impoundment with no weeds. Sand/gravel bottom with the occasional boulder
(big as a bathtub) for structure. I'm sure the fishing is still great.

Pepperoni

nk.net...

Old October 19th, 2004, 11:15 PM
John Franklin

"Pepperoni" wrote in message
I can't give a recent report. 30 years ago, fishing was excellent. Shore
fishing was great, with campgrounds and multiple access points around the
lake. They had a growing fishery for stripers that was receiving a lot of
attention.

My favorite site was above the dam. I fished minnows on light line to
good
effect.

Its a huge lake with a complex shoreline. When I was there, it was a new
impoundment with no weeds. Sand/gravel bottom with the occasional boulder
(big as a bathtub) for structure. I'm sure the fishing is still great.

Pepperoni

Thanks bro :-) I am from the NW originally and I always wanted to do
some REAL Bass fishing, Bass fishing is a JOKE in Oregon, however the trout
and salmon fishing ain't too shabby. :-)

John

Old October 19th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Pepperoni

"John Franklin" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Pepperoni" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I'm from Michigan. I've wanted to revisit JPP for years, but can't
get away. Salmon are hot now here, browns are in shallow, lakers swimming
around among the chinooks and the pike are schooled up in the weedy bays.
I'm afraid to stop fishing; I might miss something.

Prpprtoni

Old October 20th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Henry Hefner

John Franklin wrote:

How is the fishing in J Percy Priest Lake in Nashville Tenn. ? I will be
moving there in about 4 weeks.

John

You might post this in r.o.f.bass, I've seen that name come up over
there pretty often.

Old October 20th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Charles B. Summers

C'mon down John...

If you'll be here in about 4 weeks, you'll catch some great fishing times!
It's my favorite part of the year for catching numbers of fish, but the
bigger fish are usually all caught in the spring.

If you're talking about bass fishing, take Henry's advice and join us over
at rec.outdoors.fishing.bass. There's a few of us Percy Priest, Old Hickory,
Center Hill, and Dale Hollow fishermen over there. We're also planning a
get-together fun tournament for the spring on Center Hill Lake... info can
be found he www.mintennclassic.org

J.Percy Priest is my "home" lake.