Cheating at FLW?

Old February 17th, 2004, 12:05 AM
RGarri7470

Default Cheating at FLW?

Just got home from my place at the lake - three days without news or computer.
Before I left I heard Tony Christian was disqualified from the FLW in
Louisanna. Now I get back and have messages on my answering machine saying he
was caught with a diver under a dock putting fish on his line. Anybody heard
anything about this? Sounds wild to me, but who knows.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Joe

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
Just got home from my place at the lake - three days without news or
computer.
Before I left I heard Tony Christian was disqualified from the FLW in
Louisiana. Now I get back and have messages on my answering machine saying
he
was caught with a diver under a dock putting fish on his line. Anybody heard
anything about this? Sounds wild to me, but who knows.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Something but not much here either. Obviously fishing illegally is ok but
going to the bathroom in private is DQ material. LOL
(I know, I know, he could be tampering with catch.)
Joe Z.
http://www.bassfan.com/insider_article.asp?ID=155

Old February 17th, 2004, 01:04 AM
RichZ

Ronny,

TonyC's 2nd day catch was DQ'd for an unspecified violation of rule # 7.
(sportsmanship). FLW refuses to provide details. Tony C says they haven't
told him what part of #7 he violated.

By not providing details, FLW is leaving it open to individual
interpretation and rumors.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old February 17th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Roy Randolph

I'm not sure that they are refusing to tell him what he did. I think they
are not telling us what he did. Ask yourself this if that was you would you
let it go so easy? I think not, Tony knows what he did! they are just not
telling us.

Read more here

Old February 17th, 2004, 01:51 AM
go-bassn

Who left the message Ron? Was he reputable?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old February 17th, 2004, 01:51 AM
BassMr

Maybe some more of the locals down there fired a gun over his head as they
did Gary Klein and he shot back!

Old February 17th, 2004, 01:57 AM
RichZ

Roy wrote:
I'm not sure that they are refusing to tell him what he did.

He (TonyC) says they haven't told him what part of the rule he violated. It
doesn't make any sense to me, either.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old February 17th, 2004, 03:13 AM
RGarri7470

Who left the message Ron? Was he reputable?

The first message I got about this was last Friday - a local guide called me
and told me the story - said one of his friends was there fishing as a
co-angler. Said Tony came in, an official met him at the dock, told him he was
disqualified for violation of Rule #7 and would receive a letter on it. That
was all.

The two messages tonight were asking me what I knew.

I have read a lot since first posting - the stuff at BassFan.com is fairly
calm, but the post on the Bass Fishing Home Page are kinda wild.

I am just trying to get more info. I fished with Tony twice while working on
magazine articles - liked him, nice guy, really loved catching fish, got real
excited even catching 12 inch bass. He enjoyed fishing.

Two days in a boat with someone is not enough to get to know them, but I was
shocked when I read all the claims about divers under docks and baskets and
other cheating stuff. How in the world could you do that with a draw partner?

I hope Tony will release the letter when it comes out.

He was DQed in his first FLW for leaving his partner to go to the bathroom
before weighing his fish. Some guys find that suspect - like he cheated
somehow.

I like Tony and as far as I know he is a good guy and an great fisherman, but
this will probalby ruin him, no matter what the truth is.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 17th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Nikolay

LOL, Interesting, but not original:
"It's , reported that when Anthony and Cleopatra where taking breaks from,
depending on who you believe, statesmanship or amorous dalliance, they
fished off her barge. Anthony bribed divers to stick fish on his hook.
Cleopatra found out and had a salted, dried fish attached."
[http://www.finefishing.com/1freshfis...hingbooks.htm]
and also the classical Shakespeare play "Anthony and Cleopatra"

Funny though ... Anthony and Tony ...

Cheers,
Nikolay

Old March 16th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Bubba

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:43:27 -0500, Nikolay
wrote:

LOL, Interesting, but not original:
"It's , reported that when Anthony and Cleopatra where taking breaks from,
depending on who you believe, statesmanship or amorous dalliance, they
fished off her barge. Anthony bribed divers to stick fish on his hook.
Cleopatra found out and had a salted, dried fish attached."
[http://www.finefishing.com/1freshfis...hingbooks.htm]
and also the classical Shakespeare play "Anthony and Cleopatra"

Funny though ... Anthony and Tony ...

Cheers,
Nikolay

On Mon, 17 Feb 2004, RGarri7470 wrote:

Two days in a boat with someone is not enough to get to know them, but I was
shocked when I read all the claims about divers under docks and baskets and
other cheating stuff. How in the world could you do that with a draw partner?

Sounds like he got caught smoking a FatOne