Bass in a Aquarium

Old September 19th, 2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Default Bass in a Aquarium

Where do you see me being argumentative?

Bahhh...

Warren

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
WARREN WOLK wrote:

Warren you just want to argue. a person buying a couple of bass for an
aquarium is not "stocking" a lake, and few states require a "stocking
permit" for a private pond, only those money hungry states that try to
"tax" everything do that.

The cool thing about housing them in tanks (especially "hawg troughs" or
"tubs") is that they will eat almost anything when hungry, especially if
several bass are present. Those tanks are a great means of selling lures
to people that aren't aware of this. I once saw Shaw Grigsby tie his car
key to a line &, you guessed it, they tore it up when tossed in the
traugh. Lol...

Warren ;-)

A "hungry" bass will hit anything moving, """"anywhere"""", even in the
wild, I've had them hit a red and white round bobber, I've seen them
caught on everything , including an old pop top, and a table spoon. I have
also seen many, many, pro's , use every trick they knew, and their
favorite lures and not get a bass to hit in a tub, not a single strike.
This is especially true after the bass have been tricked by lures for
hours, or even days. Anyone who has ever watched "many" tub demo's, has
witnessed this, many times. Sure a few times the fish are on, but most of
the time they are not.

These fish come from the wild, at each location (wild to them anyway, as
most are borrowed from stocking companies) then placed in a glass cage
that they can see you, and the crowd, as well as people can see them, and
they hear all the noises that are there. This must be quite a shock on
them

Most "pro's" explain that they are just scenery, in the tank, what they
want to show is how lures act underwater, if a fish under those conditions
actually strike, it's gravy on the steak. I've seen many top pros strike
out, and I have seen bass hit anything thrown in the tank,, for a while,
anyway.

I would bet a key worked by many pros in any body of water could draw a
strike every once in a while, when bass are hitting you can catch them on
anything moving, and sometimes anything not moving. The trick is getting
them to bite when they are not in the feeding mode. This is what
fishermen want to learn how to do.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

Old September 19th, 2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

WARREN WOLK wrote:

[...]

Most states want a stocking permit, to make sure what and where you are
stocking. We had some Ahole out here stock Northern Pike in Lake Davis.
Millions have been spent trying to eradicate them. The lakes feeds the
Feather and Sacramento River system, and a $700 million fishing industry.
Where the NP have gotten in the Alaskan River system, the rivers are devoid
of salmon.

Old September 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

I think the permit thing applies in most states Bill, at least the ones
where the fisheries managers have brains.

Warren

ink.net...

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

WARREN WOLK wrote:
I think the permit thing applies in most states Bill, at least the ones
where the fisheries managers have brains.

Warren

Maybe we lack in brains in Texas, or maybe we just hold on to what few
freedoms we have left a little tighter. When you want some
Florida-strain LM, or hybrid bluegill, or catfish, or minnows for your
private tank anround here, you call the local ranch and feed store and
ask them what day the fish truck comes by. Fish farmers have routes
where they hit each community about once a month through the spring and
summer. you buy what you want and take it home.
After saying that, I will go on to say that I have no idea what
regulations the fish farmers have to comply with. They may be
restricted as to what species they can sell.
Here's a link to one of the biggies:
http://www.dunnsfishfarm.com/
I didn't find anything on the Texas parks and Wildlife site about
permits, but they do provide information to help educate you on private
pond/lake management.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwate...private_water/

Old September 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
oups.com...

WARREN WOLK wrote:
[...]

\

They probably have permits for certain types of fish.

Old September 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
lab~rat >:-)

On 17 Sep 2006 14:15:30 -0700, "Muskoka Fisherman"
puked:

My wife is a teacher at a highschool in Ontario, Canada. Does anyone
know if it's legal or possible to keep Largemouth bass and sunfish in a
aquarium at her school. Would it be hard to keep or too messy?

Just couldn't pass up pointing out that a Largemouth bass is, in fact,
a sunfish itself...

--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

that's why the South is just being bombarded by non-native species. I think
FL has more non-natives than natives in the fisheries there.

Warren

link.net...

Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

My posted replies were rated high by google and were original .