How was your year?

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Alwaysfishking

Default How was your year?

I know it's not over yet and for some never over but how was this season
compared to last season? Highlights? Big fish? Old Friends? New friends?
Memories? Things you would rather forget? Let's here it

Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Every year that I finish still breathing is good lol

I had one hot month where I could do no wrong in tourneys, but have been
mediocre since then. Hopefully things will change up at the Stren Champlain
later this month.

Warren

Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

How was your year?

(Alwaysfishking)
I know it's not over yet and for some never over but how was this season
compared to last season? Highlights? Big fish? Old Friends? New friends?
Memories? Things you would rather forget? Let's here it
=======
I guess I don't rate a season of fishing as anything but great. And the
Highlights are just being out there on the water. I would love to fish
with some old friends, and I reckon those are the only meanigful
memories I need to have. I make new friends during the season, and maybe
they will eventially get to be old friends. And at my age, I don't have
to "try" and forget, it happens all by it's self !

I hope everyone is having as good a year as I am!

Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

Alwaysfishking wrote:
I know it's not over yet and for some never over but how was this season
compared to last season? Highlights? Big fish? Old Friends? New friends?
Memories? Things you would rather forget? Let's here it

Fewest outings by far in several years. I'm in the refrigeration
trade, and we've had something like 42 days of triple-digit
temperatures here in North Texas, so I've been too busy to fish. Best
trip this year was the men's campout from my church in the spring.
Private lake about 15 acres, one pier and 6 john boats, beautiful
weather, steaks cooked over a wood fire, good friends, stories told,
and I outfished everybody.
I'm hoping for much more frequent fishing this fall, and another
church men's trip is pencilled in for early October at the same place.
I want a double-digit bass, there has been several caught at this lake,
one 14½ pounder.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

I have a one good fishing situation whereby I fish for small bass in a
narrow stretch of water with deep hole. It is a small bass hangout. I
use a ultralight rod, quantum snapshot reel
and wide gap hooks. Fish after fish hit my plastic. On the same outing
I will go over to the lily pads and try for big bass. Very satisfying
fish outing and it can be repeated day after day. Simplicity at its
best.

Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Alwaysfishking

Well for me it was a good and bad year. The trip to Kentucky was nice and it
was great seeing old friends again. Not being able to attend the NWC really
stinks

Jerry Barton coming up to fish the weekend was also way too cool, as I
love being out with Jerry on a boat. We always have a good time, only this
time the fish cooperated a bit, Ok a bunch, we wrecked em.

Not as many oppurtunities to fish as I would have liked but none the less
some great trips out Just happy to be able to fish at all really. Wish I
could have had some more time to fish with the kids

Old September 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Alwaysfishking" wrote in message
I know it's not over yet and for some never over but how was this season
compared to last season? Highlights? Big fish? Old Friends? New friends?
Memories? Things you would rather forget? Let's here it

Interesting... Caught my biggest smallmouth this year at about 5 pounds.
Only caught one LM over 6 this year, but I caught several over 5.

Although my season is not over. Two local series I fish end in December.
Of course they start back up again in January.

We have a few fishing areas that are off limits during the migratory
waterfowl season, but we have no fishing seasons. The bigger bass tend to
come in the spring spawn with occassional toads through out the summer.
Some folks won't fish the winter, and some won't fish the heat of summer,
but you can go out anyday any season and expect to have a good chance of
catching some fish.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old September 8th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sandy Joren

Didn't get to fish hardly at all.... I plan to rectify that by fishing my
first points tournament for 2007 which is scheduled for tomorrow, 9/9. I'd
really like to forget my first tournament of the year in April '06. Ended
up with 3 inches of sleet in the boat, wet, cold and miserable. My best
highlight was having my best friend win the District 10 non-boater Angler of
the Year. I turned him on to tourney fishing last year and this year he
takes all the goodies. And since I'm such a good friend, he gave me one of
the prizes, a 7' custom made bait caster rod. Of course, he doesn't even
own a baitcaster. Looking forward to finishing out the year on a good
fishing note..........

Oh yea, biggest fish of the year was a 62lb cobia caught while on
vacation.......
--
Sandy Joren
Il pesce tutto il giorno. La bevanda tutta la notte.

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Sad to say I didn't get as much fishing in this year (again) as I had hoped.
The major highlight was my weekend fishing with Randy, Dave and Jeremy at
their hometown of Longpond, PA, what a ball !!!! The icing on the cake was
catching my all time biggest Largemouth. I couldn't believe that a 7+
pounder would hide under a little 2 leaf Lilypad, but he sure did like that
Watermelon Red Fish Stik. When it was all done I thought the guys were going
to have to hit me with the Defibulator to get my heart back into a calm
rhythm. Hopefully next year I'll get to try it again.