More traffic over the horizon here

Old January 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob Rickard

Default More traffic over the horizon here

I just started looking at the local news for my home town here, St. Charles,
MO. We are growing so fast here I can't keep up; we are now the 2nd fastest
growing county in the nation... our traffic is almost as bad as downtown St.
Louis, & now I see that it's going to get worse. St. Louis Mills, a HUGE
mall just minutes away, is getting one of the awesome new Cabelas stores to
compete with our existing BPS. Furthermore, the mall is adding the
restaurants & hotels, etc., to accommodate it all. Oh well...

Bob Rickard

Old January 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Blevins

Bob - you should count your blessings that you'll have a BPS and a Cabalas
close to you .I've got a" DICKS" that has got almost as much fishing
merchandise as my local carry out .I should be so lucky.On the bright side
my hometown population is around 18K more or less

Ken Blevins
t...

Old January 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

More traffic over the horizon here

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Sat, Jan 6, 2007, 4:43pm (CST+6)
From: (Bob*Rickard)
I just started looking at the local news for my home town here, St.
Charles, MO. We are growing so fast here I can't keep up; we are now the
2nd fastest growing county in the nation... our traffic is almost as bad
as downtown St. Louis, & now I see that it's going to get worse. St.
Louis Mills, a HUGE mall just minutes away, is getting one of the
awesome new Cabelas stores to compete with our existing BPS.
Furthermore, the mall is adding the restaurants & hotels, etc., to
accommodate it all. Oh well...
Bob Rickard
========
Sometimes I miss the conveniences of the city, but not for very long.
The other day I had to wait for two cars to pass at our one main
intersection here...I knew both drivers, we all waved.

I've never been in a Cabelas, or Bass Pro Shop...I don't even know where
the closest one is. I get what I need at any one of the local tackle
shops, well actually I get alot of it from the kid.

I can be on the lake in 10 minutes, no fees, no crowd.

My fishing license cost me $5, that includes hunting too, but I don't
hunt .

I havn't been asked for I.D. when cashing a check here in the past 8
years (I've been here 8 years and a month).

The only draw back....I have to drive to the next county to buy a six
pack of MGD.

JK

Old January 6th, 2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Ken - the Dick's in my area isn't quite Cabelas or BPS, but they do have an
extensive tackle selection.

Warren

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John Kerr" wrote in message

The only draw back....I have to drive to the next county to buy a six
pack of MGD.

You living in Texas these days?

Old January 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John Kerr

=========

You living in Texas these days?

=========

Naw....still being held "hostage" in Kentucky

John

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SimRacer

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:32:38 GMT, "WARREN WOLK"
wrote:

Ken - the Dick's in my area isn't quite Cabelas or BPS, but they do have an
extensive tackle selection.

Warren

Same here Warren. There are 3 Dick's Sporting stores within an hour of
me. They each have a decent sized fishing section, and often have
overlapping merch in that what one store is out of, one of the other 2
likely has. They carry Power Pro, and a lot of other stuff that I use.
For salt and fresh water.

We have a BPS here in NC, but it's several hours away, near Charlotte.
If I have to drive to Charlotte, I'd rather wait on UPS. It's a nice
store, sure, but for everyday stuff...not worth the drive. I try to
make it there once a calander year if they're lucky.