running off to run off

Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default running off to run off

I'm still sitting around in California, over a week after my originally
intended arrival in Montahoming.

This year is progressing at least two weeks behind 'average' and run off is
more like 'flood off.' But, I can't take it any longer, and will head
out of here early Sunday morning.

If nothing else I can play tourist in YNP, and go animal viewing.
Grizzlies are been seen in large quantity this year in places they aren't
too common.

I'm taking my stillwater rod, lines, and flies as that may be the only
fishing game in town for a while ( ice is still on some lakes, at that ).

I just thought I'd wish all the good people ( you know if you qualify ... or
not ;-) at ROFF an excellent fishin' season on my way out the door.

Larry L

Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Larry L wrote:
I'm still sitting around in California, over a week after my originally
intended arrival in Montahoming.

This year is progressing at least two weeks behind 'average' and run off is
more like 'flood off.' But, I can't take it any longer, and will head
out of here early Sunday morning.

If nothing else I can play tourist in YNP, and go animal viewing.
Grizzlies are been seen in large quantity this year in places they aren't
too common.

I'm taking my stillwater rod, lines, and flies as that may be the only
fishing game in town for a while ( ice is still on some lakes, at that ).

Everything in that neck of the woods is at least two weeks behind. I was
in Driggs last weekend for a funeral and the Quaking Aspens in the
foothills still were not in leaf when I got there Friday evening.
Saturday morning the first tinge of green could be seen on the patches
that green up first. The first green of the Quakies is usually there no
later than May 7. The criks were all running high and it still hadn't
warmed up very much.

Be prepared for wacky, yo yo weather. Tuesday of this week we had record
heat (nearly 100 F) and I was running the AC in my house. Wednesday
evening the furnace came on and there was snow to about the 6000' level.
The snow level had since come down to about 5500. ATCF, I'm 300 miles
south of West Yellowstone, so I'm sure it is worse up there.

I just thought I'd wish all the good people ( you know if you qualify ... or
not ;-) at ROFF an excellent fishin' season on my way out the door.

And you too, Larry. I still hope to one day to meet up with you for a
float on the Teton. Don't think it will happen this year though. That
unexpected trip to Driggs had messed up my plans for trips up that way
this year, price of gas and all. (We are planning on Xmas in Brazil with
my wife's family this year.)

Russell