We finally caught some

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:59 AM
Madeyes

Default We finally caught some

Took my son up to the Lachlan for 3 days over the weekend. We finally caught
some decent sized fish. 3 Yellowbelly between 3.5kg and 5kg, 2 good size
Trout cod up to 2kg (they went back after the photos) and 4 carp between 4kg
and 7kg (they are still up a tree).

We also "caught a strange looking fish, I say "caught" becuase my son
put his hand under it and lifted it out of the water. It did look a bit
sick. It was about 200mm long, very silver all over and had a groper like
short snout. We took a photo (if anyone is interested in helping to identify
it) and then put it back in the water.

My son also hooked up to something VERY big which bent the rod double
and broke a 30lb line. We'll get him next time.

We were using scrub worms and yabbies.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:01 PM
Lindsay

Madeyes wrote:

Took my son up to the Lachlan for 3 days over the weekend. We finally caught
some decent sized fish. 3 Yellowbelly between 3.5kg and 5kg, 2 good size
Trout cod up to 2kg (they went back after the photos) and 4 carp between 4kg
and 7kg (they are still up a tree).

Good on ya. Nice to heardad and son having fun together..
My young bloke (5yo) got his first go of a spinning rod in the
back lake at Narooma earlier this year. He held it for all of 10
seconds, handed it back to me, and trudged off.

He'll learn

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:54 AM
ASIS

WAT EVER BENT YOUR ROD MAY WELL HAVE BEEN A HUGE CARP.. THAY CAN GET
HUMUNGUS AND IF IT BROKE YOUR LINE THEN IT MUSTVE BEEN A REAL MOTHER OF A
CARP HEY...

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU THO..

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com