Car top rod holder

Old July 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Car top rod holder

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:56:16 -0500, wrote:

Uh, yeah...based upon your numbers, in the three-four years since you bought
your superwaders, I've made somewhere between 1000 and 1500 bucks by NOT buying
a pair...geez, Louie, maybe if you took some investing classes or something you
could afford a real sports car and not have to rely on your wife for lunch
money...

Only 1000 - 1500? And if I had taken your advice, I would have spent
more than $600+ in the same time period, and still would have worn out
waders. You need new financial advisors. Four hundred bucks is
nothing, throw away money, when it comes to fly fishig. But, that
pair of waders are now practically free considering they now cost but
pennies a day. Four hundred bucks, five hundred days of use; you do
the math. d;o)

If I wanted a "real sports car", I'd buy one. Had a 1000 down on a
GTR but decided against it at the last moment. The RS6 is just fine.
Which begs the question: What kind of car do you drive? Let me guess
- A Prius? Pinto? Falcon? Dodge Dart? Plymouth Acclaim? Chevette?
Really exciting examples of what would seem to fit your needs
perfectly. d;o)

And, since I've been saving most of my life, my money is MY money.
With Jo's retiremet, MY money will be our only income. Go figger.

Davey

Old July 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 30-Jul-2009, Dave LaCourse wrote:

And, since I've been saving most of my life, my money is MY money.
With Jo's retiremet, MY money will be our only income. Go figger.

Not your money
Both of your monies!
Joint ownership -and don't spend it all on smoking joints now that you are
both retired
and BTW
Congratulations esp on a new full time fishing buddy

Fred
Old July 31st, 2009, 12:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 30, 1:45*am, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:22:01 -0700 (PDT), Giles wrote:
On Jul 29, 8:22*am, wrote:

Nothing is "thief-proof," only "thief-resistant." *IAC, based on the description
given, I'd advise not storing your Renoirs, jewelry, or good booze in it...and
if you put your Simms waders in it, some old fart in an Audi will be off with
them before you can say "Get off the ground and change your Depends, gramps..."

I'll be on I-94 between Hawley road and Mitchell boulevard at 7:14:31
a.m. tomorrow. *

You could be up on my front house lawn all day tomorrow and I'd not bother to
take the time to **** on you if your ass were on fire and your ****hairs were
catching...

You're getting nearly as good as stevie at making what would appear to
be plausible responses to things you don't read.....which is to say,
you suck.

Meanwhile, I missed you this morning.....or, rather, you seem to have
missed me. Like most people with some sort of cartop rod and reel
carrying system, I long ago got into the habit of using it for long
term storage of family valuables.....art, heirlooms, cash, French
regal furnishings....that sort of thing. I guess high speed
highwayman isn't your bag, huh? More of the airport long term parking
lot smash and grab type, right? Eight track players, cbs.....that
sort of thing?

Do your best.

I strive to do my best every day...I succeed most days...

Who, having spent a couple of days here, could possibly doubt
it.....ainna?

and neither my nor
anyone else's best would involve you in the slightest...

You flatter me. I assure you that I really AM approachable......ask
anyone (and there are a few) here who's done it.

in fact, your own best
would be vicarious...at best...

Once again, you produce a letter combination that looks suspiciously
like it might harbor some sort of meaning or other......well, or would
anyway......if it emanated from another source.

Moron.

Yeah, uh-huh...

Yeah.

Imbecile.

g.
Old July 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 30, 7:08*am, Bill Grey wrote:
In message ,
writes

I'll be on I-94 between Hawley road and Mitchell boulevard at 7:14:31
a.m. tomorrow.

You could be up on my front house lawn all day tomorrow and I'd not bother to
take the time to **** on you if your ass were on fire and your ****hairs were
catching...

Nice !!!

The milk of human kindness seems to comprise *HCl

Ah, Billy! I fear that a lifetime in the elysian fields has somewhat
blunted your sensibilities to inevitability of human foibles in the
culturally disadvantaged.

You really should come visit us sometime. Why, I believe that if you
avoided the denizens of usenet, major metropolitan areas, their
suburbs, exurbs and bedrooms communities, small towns, hamlets,
forests, plains, deserts, lakes, streams, rivers, coasts, farms,
prairies (well, what few remnants remain, anyway), marshes, bogs,
fens, moors, heaths, mountains, hills, valleys, gorges, mesas, buttes,
swales, swamps, orchards, parks, reserves, preserves, and other public
and private lands and waters, you would find the rest of us pleasant,
educated, engaged, interested, concerned, empathic and.....dare I say
it?.....yes, amusing.....well, ocassionally anyway.

g.
and for the rest of you, "HCl" is hydrochloric acid.....a combination
of hydrogen and chloride ions. it lives in your stomach, naturally.
no, this does not mean you should go out and buy a gallon for your
kids to drink.....um.....no.....won't go there.
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

In message
,
Giles writes
The milk of human kindness seems to comprise *HCl

Ah, Billy! I fear that a lifetime in the elysian fields has somewhat
blunted your sensibilities to inevitability of human foibles in the
culturally disadvantaged.

Well diagnosed.

I've been on this planet for quite a while and know that from pigs you
get grunts......Nothing new there.
--
Bill Grey

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jul 31, 5:50*am, Bill Grey wrote:
In message
,
Giles writes

The milk of human kindness seems to comprise *HCl

Ah, Billy! *I fear that a lifetime in the elysian fields has somewhat
blunted your sensibilities to inevitability of human foibles in the
culturally disadvantaged.

Well diagnosed.

No great feat.....the symptoms are unmistakable.

I've been on this planet for quite a while and know that from pigs you
get grunts......

and bacon.

Nothing new there.

No, nothing new there.

But, from swine.....well, you've seen that too.

g.
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

http://www.sportube.com/pages/rack_mounted.php
This is close.
Frank Reid

Old August 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
http://www.sportube.com/pages/rack_mounted.php
This is close.
Frank Reid

Thanks Frank,

Same deal for sure, only difference was the other was aluminum or metal. For
the price, this product looks decent.

Appreciate it,
JT

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 11, 1:02*am, "JT" wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote in message

http://www.sportube.com/pages/rack_mounted.php
This is close.
Frank Reid

Thanks Frank,

Same deal for sure, only difference was the other was aluminum or metal. For
the price, this product looks decent.

Appreciate it,
JT

I think I'd either mount it with the reels facing forward, or put some
redundant bungee cord thing inside to lock down the reels in case the
cover opens up. Looking at the picture of the open case give me the
heebee geebies.

--riverman