Zebra Midge

Old December 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
mdk77[_2_]

Default Zebra Midge

I've had this fly recommended for fishing for trout in Missouri. I
don't find this in my pattern my pattern books, but did find it on the
Internet. Is this a regional pattern (like the Crackleback I asked
about yesterday) or is it just a newer pattern? I was just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"mdk77" wrote in message
I've had this fly recommended for fishing for trout in Missouri. I
don't find this in my pattern my pattern books, but did find it on the
Internet. Is this a regional pattern (like the Crackleback I asked
about yesterday) or is it just a newer pattern? I was just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, it's a suggested pattern on the "O" in Oregon.... Great pattern for
sure.

JT

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"mdk77" wrote

Is this a regional pattern (like the Crackleback I asked

Works well any place where the fish eat midges ( i.e. in the water )

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

mdk77 wrote:
I've had this fly recommended for fishing for trout in Missouri. I
don't find this in my pattern my pattern books, but did find it on the
Internet. Is this a regional pattern (like the Crackleback I asked
about yesterday) or is it just a newer pattern? I was just curious.

Thanks in advance.

It's a popular pattern on the San Juan in New Mexico, which is Midge City.

My home waters in Idaho have little midge activity, so I don't fish
midge patterns often -- just when I go to the Big Wood or the Big Lost.

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:58:53 -0800 (PST), mdk77
wrote:

I've had this fly recommended for fishing for trout in Missouri. I
don't find this in my pattern my pattern books, but did find it on the
Internet. Is this a regional pattern (like the Crackleback I asked
about yesterday) or is it just a newer pattern? I was just curious.

Thanks in advance.

It is a popular fly here in the east. This is a tie that you can
easily experment with, using no tail, different colored rib and body.
Note the krystal flash tied in at the thorax - that too can be tied
with different colors. With the body and head made of thread, it is a
very easy tie.