The Tin Can Too

Old October 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default The Tin Can Too

Well, I just finished welding in the last piece of aluminum on The Tin Can
Too to finish the shell of the bow. Maybe tomorrow after I can inspect all
the welds in the sunlight I'll flip it back over and start on the inside.
Man what a learning process.

I was thinking it might be fun to just temporarily throw a piece of plywood
upfront, and bolt on a trolling motor and go fishing with it just to freak
people out when they see the gutted shell. LOL.

Actually, I may not work on it tommorrow. I've dinked with it every day
after work all week. I may just take The original Tin Can out and do a
little fishing in the river. Yuma Bassmasters has a tournament tommorrow,
and I ought to atleast put in an appearance.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 11th, 2008, 10:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Well, I just finished welding in the last piece of aluminum on The Tin Can
Too to finish the shell of the bow. Maybe tomorrow after I can inspect
all the welds in the sunlight I'll flip it back over and start on the
inside. Man what a learning process.

I was thinking it might be fun to just temporarily throw a piece of
plywood upfront, and bolt on a trolling motor and go fishing with it just
to freak people out when they see the gutted shell. LOL.

Actually, I may not work on it tommorrow. I've dinked with it every day
after work all week. I may just take The original Tin Can out and do a
little fishing in the river. Yuma Bassmasters has a tournament tommorrow,
and I ought to atleast put in an appearance.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Here is a video summary of the work so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fulnAwoRio

Old October 12th, 2008, 04:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner[_2_]

Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Bob,
That's a big project, but it looks like you have things well in hand.
Great job! Welding aluminum is a skill that not many have, if you
weren't so busy with your alarm business you could probably make some
nice money doing that.
I decided The Minnow Bucket needed a paint job, so I bought a can of
flat black and gloss white and tried to be an artist. Take a peek:
http://tinyurl.com/499raa
Old October 12th, 2008, 06:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

Thanks. It would hundreds of more hours of practice before I could be what
I would consider good enough to sell my services as a welder, but I am
learning. I actually bought the boat as scrap with the specific intent of
learning to weld aluminum. Here is something else I made out of aluminum on
the last couple days. Its not fishing related though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT8JxzM1D74

I decided The Minnow Bucket needed a paint job, so I bought a can of flat
black and gloss white and tried to be an artist. Take a peek:

http://tinyurl.com/499raa

That is awesome. I was not expecting that. Really looks like something
doesn't it. Pretty scary. I bet you get a lot of double takes with it.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:53:08 -0600, Henry Hefner
I decided The Minnow Bucket needed a paint job, so I bought a can of
flat black and gloss white and tried to be an artist. Take a peek:
http://tinyurl.com/499raa

Looks great Henry...Now ya need to add a couple of Shark eyes to it
for effect. g

Dan
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:03:29 -0600, Henry Hefner
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then
wrote:

What me worry? wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:53:08 -0600, Henry Hefner
I decided The Minnow Bucket needed a paint job, so I bought a can of
flat black and gloss white and tried to be an artist. Take a peek:
http://tinyurl.com/499raa

Looks great Henry...Now ya need to add a couple of Shark eyes to it
for effect. g

Dan

Wouldn't that scare the fish? g

Enough to cause em to jump in the boat! G

Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Well, I just finished welding in the last piece of aluminum on The Tin Can
Too to finish the shell of the bow. Maybe tomorrow after I can inspect
all the welds in the sunlight I'll flip it back over and start on the
inside. Man what a learning process.

I was thinking it might be fun to just temporarily throw a piece of
plywood upfront, and bolt on a trolling motor and go fishing with it just
to freak people out when they see the gutted shell. LOL.

Actually, I may not work on it tommorrow. I've dinked with it every day
after work all week. I may just take The original Tin Can out and do a
little fishing in the river. Yuma Bassmasters has a tournament tommorrow,
and I ought to atleast put in an appearance.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

I haven't done much visible work on The Tin Can Too in a couple weeks. Just
some reenforcing and fabrication stuff internally. Looks like I may have to
get back to work on it. I got a call on Firday that the boat shop that was
supposed to be fixing my fiberglass boat is going out of business, and my
boat still isn't fixed. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I gave them a pretty
sizable deposit. With that gone I may not have enough to have it fixed
someplace else. I might just have to pick it up and put it in the back of
the shop to sit for a while or until I get up the nerve to tackle it myself.
You know how things like that go when they have to sit. They never get
done.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old November 4th, 2008, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner[_2_]

Bob La Londe wrote:
I got a call on Firday that the boat shop that was
supposed to be fixing my fiberglass boat is going out of business, and my
boat still isn't fixed. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I gave them a pretty
sizable deposit.

Bob, that's awful! Was the deposit by credit card? Maybe you could
reverse charges. Or maybe you could go pick up your boat first thing in
the morning and see if they have something you need you could dicker
them out of. You know what I mean, maybe they could at least pitch in
the parts needed, even if they aren't going to do the labor.
I would think that if they haven't done ANY work, that keeping your
money would be chargeable as theft, but I'm no lawyer.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz

My wife and I had a similar incident, we bought special order furniture, the
store told us 6 weeks later they didn't have the stuff and were going out of
business, I could quote "get in line" and take 10 cents on the dollar in
court.

I asked if we could get in stock merchandise, he said yes, the wife didn't
like the furniture so we ended up with a pool table, granted a really nice
pool table, but we had to get the furniture elsewhere.