I pulled an Al

Old December 5th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default I pulled an Al

Merry Christmas to you too Al, now back intot he kill-file you go.

"Jajwuth" wrote in message
Let me be on record that I feel that Bob L.did nothing wrong in returning

his
rods with a truthful explanation. My rods were returned when fully

covered by
warranty. The vast majority snapped when landing a fish in full view of

the
lads. The most recent return resulted in a upgrade to tournament class

rod
replacement. Apparently I had alerted the manufacturer to a flaw in

overbaking
the blank for that given batch. The letter coming back was most salutory

and
assured me that I was quite correct in returning it.. This is assuring

since i
have no loss in face to the lads as I will most assuringly forward this

info on
to them. Seasons Greetings and Merry Christmas as early as it is.
et Al

Old December 6th, 2004, 06:20 PM
RGarri7470

Bob wrote:
Bass Pro Shops. Returned two identical Bionic Blade IM-8 rods. Both were
defective. One had bad eyelet wrap glue and the eyes were coming off the
other broke mid section when it was picked up with very little use or abuse
(I don't care for these all that much because they are heavy.) I received
one brand new replacement today, with reason why they only sent one.

Then he wrote:

I e-mailed BPS customer service, and they said two rods were shipped back to
me. The other should be showing up anyday. I don't know why they wouldn't
have put them both in the same tube.

If they gave you a reason why they sent only one with the first one, why did
they now say they shipped two?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Bob La Londe

Still nothing from Pflueger or Lamiglas.

The rods I sent to Fenwick arrived today. There was an invoice enclosed
which said 9.95 shipping and handling for replacement. Not sure if that
means in addition to the 10.00 I already sent them, or if they didn't open
the packing slip on the carton, and therefore lost my check.

I'll call Pure Fishing later and ask them.

The check still hasn't cleared my account so I am assuming that they
accidentally threw it away with the packaging.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I was going through all my rods and could not believe the number of rods I
broke in the last year. I decided to box them and send them back to the
various manufacturers.

Some legitimately should be replaced under warranty for things like bad
guide wrapping or eyelet inserts popping out. Others were broken due to

my
carelessness and a few I just don't know why the broke. With each one I
included an honest description of how they got broken and what was wrong
with them. I also included a check for $10 for return shipping with each
package except for Lamiglass which specifies 14.50 on their website.

Here is what I have so far.

Silstar/Pinnacle. One Rod Sent. The fastest return was from them. I

sent
them a rod I gave my son for his birthday. I set a tool box down on it

when
fishing and broke it. Out of warranty, and definitely not the fault of

the
rod. They sent back a better quality rod than the broken one because the
broken one was no longer in production. No problems, no questions.

St Croix one rod was definitely defective with an insert that had popped
out, and I "found" the tip broken off the other. I think atleast one of
them was less than a year old, but I could not find the receipts. The
arrived the day after the Silstar rod with a note about things I should do
to take better care of my rods.

Quantum. Two rods. Both probably broken from carelessness. No problem.
One was no longer in production so they upgrade to slightly more expensive
rod. I had no receipts included with these rods. These arrived back the
same day as the St Croix rods.

Bass Pro Shops. Returned two identical Bionic Blade IM-8 rods. Both were
defective. One had bad eyelet wrap glue and the eyes were coming off the
other broke mid section when it was picked up with very little use or

abuse
(I don't care for these all that much because they are heavy.) I received
one brand new replacement today, with reason why they only sent one.

Fenwick. Sent two almost new Eagle GT rods along with a receipt for 5

rods.
(I like these for light spinner baits and crank baits.) One was

definitely
defective, and one was stepped on. I haven't yet heard from them. They
received my package on t he 17th.

Lamiglas. Sent one 3 wt rod with receipt, and a check for 14.50.
definitely under warranty damage was questionable. The tip of the rod

broke
off in transit to the ABA classic in November. The rod had seen very

little
use, and I don't think I did anything to damage it. When I took it out of
the rod cover the tip was hanging from the line. I haven't heard from

them
yet. The did cash my check. It hit my account on the 24th. The package
was delivered to them on the 17th.

Pflueger. Sent two rods with no receipt. Both damaged by abuse. No
response.

I would say that Silstar and St Croix both went beyond what they were
obligated to do. I am concerned about Lamiglass and Fenwick. I haven't a
clue what to think about Bass Pro Shops given their normally more than
generous return policy.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Bob La Londe

Skipped the word not in the reply. Its called a typo.

--
Spinner Baits Tips & Tricks Contest
featuring

** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM
RGarri7470

Skipped the word not in the reply. Its called a typo.

OK - pretty major typo when it makes the sentence read the opposite.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old December 10th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Bob La Londe

Lamiglas called me two days ago to let me know they didn't have one of my
rods on hand, but they would send it out as soon as they have one.

Still haven't heard a thing from Pflueger.