report on PETA

Old August 19th, 2004, 08:45 PM
bill a

Default report on PETA

ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

bill
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/artic...fm?article=156
Old August 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Christopher P. Cericola

"bill a" wrote in message
m...
ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a fisherman."
Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I asked
her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas? Do
you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in her
life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.

Old August 20th, 2004, 01:59 AM
SimRacer

"Christopher P. Cericola" wrote in message
roups.com...

"bill a" wrote in message
m...
ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

PETA makes me sick. I got into an argument with one when my wife(at a
concert) innocently told them, "My husband loves animals..he's a

fisherman."
Of course, I had to completely put this PETA-bitch in her place as I asked
her if she drove a car..does it run on gas? Does your house run on gas?

Do
you use anything made of plastic? Do you live on property that once
contained animals, etc, etc. All in all, I doubt I made a difference in

her
life but maybe she'll think about her hypocricy.

I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.

So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

Old August 20th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Henry Hefner

SimRacer wrote:

I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to kill
all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.

So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

I was on a service call in a Whole Foods Market. This chain of stores
caters to the health food crowd. I was in the meat market and a lady
walks up to the service meat counter.

Customer: "Are these chickens free range?"
Employee: "Why yes ma'am, Whole Foods sells only the best free range
chickens."
Customer: "Oh, that's too bad, I'll have to buy my chickens somewhere
else..."
Employee: "I'm sorry ma'am, most people don't like the idea of chickens
being raised in a tiny cage, may I ask why you don't like free range
chikens?"
Customer: "When a chicken is raised free range, you never know what they
have been eating, they have probably eaten a lot of bugs!"

We both about choked trying not to laugh in her face! Is this a partial
step towards vegetarianism.... Only eat meat that has never eaten meat?

Old August 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Todd Copeland

"bill a" wrote in message
m...
ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

bill
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/artic...fm?article=156

Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

Ethical: Being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong
that govern the conduct of a profession.

Is it wrong to kill an animal and eat it? Other animals do it, so why not
humans? Is it right to torcher and torment an animal? I doubt it. But there
is a big difference between the two.

Actually, I can see PETA's point against fishing... but only when it's catch
and release (which is what we want to do most of the time). But I question
if a fish actually experiences and registers pain when hooked. For example,
I'm sure everyone has swatted at mosquitoes and I'm sure they've wounded a
few. Is this treatment acceptable and hooking a fish is not? At some point
people need to draw the line.

Old August 20th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Todd Copeland

"SimRacer" wrote in message
hlink.net...

I personally love the deer in the headlights look I get when I remind such
goodie two shoes that their vegetarian diet is also made up of living
organisms that were also surely treated with pesticide of some sort to

kill
all the bugs on them prior to harvesting.

So I agree, most of them are snooty acting hypocrites.

While I am not a member of PETA and don't agree or disagree with their
views, I'm pretty sure the A in PETA means animals, not insects and plants.
I think most PETA members also draw the same line. That is, they need to eat
to survive but they would rather not allow people to inflict needless pain
on living things when it's not needed.

Old August 20th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Rob Storm

Let me tell you who I think the real enemy is: Walt Disney. The PETA folks are
so full of it that very few pay any attention to them at all, but the Disney
studio is a different matter. Disney makes lots of money producing cartoons
and it's those cartoons (starting with Bambi) that turn ordinary animals into
oh-so-cute, hugable, lovable, almost human creatures.

When unsophisticated, impressionable people watch Bambi, they can easily come
away with a lump in their throat, a tear in their eye, and an aversion to
killing deer or any other game.

PETA makes me mad. PETA makes me sick. Sometimes PETA makes me laugh. Disney
scares hell out of me.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com