SW spinnerbaits

Old January 24th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Rodney

Default SW spinnerbaits - What did RL Do Wrong?

Calif Bill wrote:

sounds like everything the Banjo minner did, as well as the Heliochopper
thingy also. Here we use frogs in the delta, Especially a yellow headed /
black body Tweety tourny frog. Your banjo look like a bird? Sorry meant
boomer.

I don't know if it is just some people can not understand english on
this group or what.. This is a rig, not a lure, it is a rig that can let
you fish a lure in one spot, with you controlling the action it has.

I know some fishermen just can't get it into their mind that they could
control a lure's action,, that the manufacturer's design of that lure
already does it for them, that they (the fisherman) is not smart enough
to have this control.

Neither the Boomerang, or the Long SHot, does anything to your lures.

They allow you, to do everything to the action of a lure. Those who are
to dumb, or too lazy to have this control on their lures, don't need it.

The Drop shot gives people a tiny bit of extra control, the Long SHot
gives them total control.

This rig has had thousands of hours of testing head to head against
every other rig (something that no other fishing lure or rig has ever
had) ( head to head testing is fishing the same spot (within 10 feet)
at the same time )

This testing was also done against live bait.

In most cases the testers using the new rig were not new to it, they had
had a few days of fishing it before the test were started.

Personally I could give a rat's hind end if some of you ever use it,,
but you will come against it, and it will kick your butt, in the hands
of someone who has practiced using it.

Then you will actually look like the fool you are, for not at least
giving it a try (for free), because of your own EGO, and pride.

I have been shut out using it,, fished all day, not a fish, but the 6 to
20 other people fishing the same waters, and everything in their box
were shut out as well.

Then again I have caught many fish, and everyone , and I mean everyone
else, was shut out, using everything else.

Back When I made the first proto's ( the good material ) we sent some to
a west coast pro.

Here is his story of his first two times using it, with photo's

Take a min. to read it (no he get's/got nothing for this endorsement)

http://ezknot.com/field.htm

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,

Old January 24th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Craig

Rodney wrote: "Then you will actually look like the fool you are, for not at
least
giving it a try (for free), because of your own EGO, and pride."

Bud, you're too close to the product to handle its presentation to the GP
and the critics. You would do well just to ignore most of the critics and
concentrate your attention addressing the people that have questions that
you can answer in a positive manner.

Drop the personal attacks and focus on the positive!

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 24th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Acee

MoJo would have been smart, or will likely catch on, that they needed/need a
"silencer" phrase in their contract for Rodney.
Al Crumrine

"Rodney" wrote in message
Snipped

Old January 25th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Calif Bill

I would not use it just because you have been such an asshole promoting it.
You have accused us of being jealous because you will be rich and famous and
we are peons, not worthy of being in your presence. You have spammed, over
and over the newsgroup. Pay attention to Mr. Ricard and the Secret Weapon
Spinner bait. He talks about it, and gives advice on the usage. Not
stroking his ego. Maybe you will become well to do, with your inventions.
But I and most others will not be jealous. I live and worked in the
Silicone valley. I have friends that can buy and sell you and Jimmy Houston
and Bill Dance combined. I did not pick the right startups to get into that
catagory, but am still friends with these people. They do not brag of their
money. They are somewhat ordinary living and playing people. The house may
be 9000 sq', and they drive a Ferrari as a 3rd car, but they do not brag
about the money. I will not buy a Dodge, because of the service I got from
them in 1978. Same goes for you. I am buying a new GM or Ford diesel
truck. I would buy from Craig Baugher, except he is 2500 miles away. And I
have friends in dealerships with in 5-20 miles. He has been courteous in
his notice that he works for car dealership. Not you. Look at yourself and
evaluate what you see.
Bill

Old January 25th, 2004, 01:44 PM
luv2bafield

Default Drop Shot rubber band (formerly SW spinnerbaits - What did RL Do Wrong?)

I don't know anything about Rodney, as I am a relative newcomer, but his
long shot (I think that's what it's called) sounds pretty interesting to me.
Maybe that's because one of the problems I have with the drop shot is
keeping the weight on the bottom in one place. I tend to hop it even with
relatively light twitching, which isn't all bad, and may be preferable in
some cases, such as drifting. But, as I understand the principle of drop
shotting, you don't really want to drift because theoretically, you use it
when you have found a school of fish. So, it seems to me that something like
Rodney has invented would eliminate some of my hops and give the lure more
action. I'm looking forward to trying one.

Keith

Old January 25th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Robert

Aw! Go blow it out your ear!
Want some cheese to go with that whine?
ink.net...

Old January 25th, 2004, 04:32 PM
RichZ

Luv2bafield wrote:
So, it seems to me that something like
Rodney has invented would eliminate some of my hops and give the lure more
action.

The attractiveness of drop shotting is that once the weight is in place, the lure
is fished weightless. When you drop slack in the rod tip, the lure drifts downward
in a natural manner, just like it would in shallower water if rigged unweighted.
With the boomhickey, that natural drift is traded for the lure being pulled
downward by a rubber band. It's not without it's place, but it doesn't have the
same appeal as the natural downward drift the lure takes in "real" dropshotting.

As a bed fishing technique to keep a lure in or around a nest, it could have some
strong advantages. Atually, whenever you're fishing a more horizontal approach (EG
using it with fairly lengthy casts) and want to keep the lure in one specific area
but still want to move it quite a bit (theocratically having it move back and forth
in front of a fish's face) the elastic idea has merit.

That still doesn't address the issue of how last year, Rodney told us that Renosky
was building the thing perfectly and how the version of it being produced then was
absolutely the best thing since buttered toast, yet now that the two parties have
gone their separate ways, that version has suddenly become junk and the ruination
of his idea by Renosky, and this new iteration of the same idea is the real deal.
If he invented it, and the old version was such a piece of crap, why didn't he see
that or give the straight scoop then?

Rodney may have unique ideas, and some of those ideas may have real value. But he
thinks every one of them is the fishing equivalent to the solution to world peace,
and his marketing approach drifts between hard-sell and abhorrent over-sell.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old January 25th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Rodney

RichZ wrote:

The attractiveness of drop shotting is that once the weight is in place, the lure
is fished weightless. When you drop slack in the rod tip, the lure drifts downward
in a natural manner, just like it would in shallower water if rigged unweighted.
With the boomhickey, that natural drift is traded for the lure being pulled
downward by a rubber band. It's not without it's place, but it doesn't have the
same appeal as the natural downward drift the lure takes in "real" dropshotting.

You do not loose this ability when using the Long Shot, it is still
there, if you want to use it. When ever you line goes slack the same
thing happens with both the Long Shot and the drop shot

As a bed fishing technique to keep a lure in or around a nest, it could have some
strong advantages. Atually, whenever you're fishing a more horizontal approach (EG
using it with fairly lengthy casts) and want to keep the lure in one specific area
but still want to move it quite a bit (theocratically having it move back and forth
in front of a fish's face) the elastic idea has merit.

This is where it shines, the reason is not what you might expect though.
Sometimes your keeping it in a spot where there is no fish, but within
sight of fish, this keeping it active (not by radical movement, but just
enough to keep the fish's attention, it allows the fish time to mosey
over to it without loosing sight of it. In underwater filming and
testing we noticed that nearly all "HUGE" bass move slowly over to the
lure, they don't chase things over a body length or two. Most fishermen
fish way too fast with any lure they are using, they cover a lot of
water, and catch a large number of fish , but they never get into the
lunkers, unless they drag that lure within close striking distance of
that big bass. In Long Shot fishing you make just one cast to an area,,
work it there for up to 4 min. if you don't catch a fish there is not
one within sight distance of that spot

That still doesn't address the issue of how last year, Rodney told us that Renosky
was building the thing perfectly and how the version of it being produced then was
absolutely the best thing since buttered toast, yet now that the two parties have
gone their separate ways, that version has suddenly become junk and the ruination
of his idea by Renosky, and this new iteration of the same idea is the real deal.
If he invented it, and the old version was such a piece of crap, why didn't he see
that or give the straight scoop then?

The reason is simple, the original Boomerang started out GREAT, when I
first told people here about it,, it slowly over the course of a year
went to crap, by him changing the material, (it started out stretching
in less than 1/3 OZ. and went to over 1 OZ, that's too stiff, and most
people would not fish with a 1 Oz or more worm weight) I was locked into
my contract at the time, I saw it was turning to crap, and that with him
selling 3 in a 12 dollar kit was not going to go over with the majority
of the fishing public, and raised total Hell with Renosky, of course
then I had been totally flamed off this group. so I didn't keep them
abreast of what was happening

Rodney may have unique ideas, and some of those ideas may have real value. But he
thinks every one of them is the fishing equivalent to the solution to world peace,
and his marketing approach drifts between hard-sell and abhorrent over-sell.

Your absolutely right.

For one it is not my job at all to sell these things, and I do "Know"
they are great, I know this because of testing,, not because of it was
just my idea . Perhaps that is over selling, but I have the facts, the
numbers , and the films, and the testimonials (all of these were done
with the original Boomerang)

Then people who have never tried it, or who didn't take five min. to
study what can be done with it, to SLAM IT, to others, for no apparent
reason, and it gets me mad, and I defend it with all the testing
results, and with comments by professionals that have taken time to use it.

I came here this time to offer "FREE" Long SHots, for people on this
group to test, and then they can, with out assumptions, make a informed
decision, if it will help them catch fish, then share that with the
others on this group Bad or good,, the thing will defend or destroy it's
self, not based on what I say, but what it does. This takes no money
from anyone, they don't get gimmicked into buying anything, as I went on
to say I will supply them with free ones the whole fishing season, if
they want them. Now how could I be pushing "Snake Oil" to this group ?

I am an active member on 5 other fishing news groups, not one of the
other five have attacked me for making this offer, they instead sent me
a private email, asking for my address to send their SASE to.

It is true if I am attacked, I fight back, allowing untruth to be said
against my products, without coming back, is agreeing with the poster of
that untruth. Some on here think I should not fight back, that I am a A
Hole for doing that, well you tell me another solution to keep the truth
out there, besides my offer of letting each individual see for
themselves without cost to them. If I was pushing gimmicks, I would
never make such an offer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 25th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Henry Hefner

I am an active member on 5 other fishing news groups, not one of the
other five have attacked me for making this offer, they instead sent me
a private email, asking for my address to send their SASE to.

I have seen several of these other posts, and none that I saw had any
POSTED responses, of course I don't know about private email. You
probably wouldn't have been "attacked" here had you done the same thing
here, but no, you had your "alter ego" buddy Brab B. start in with
are all jealous, you sure go a long way to make it look like you get
good responses to your posts.
Old January 25th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

JEEEEZZ Bill, you called me a "clueless" "low life" for saying the same
thing, about ol' Rodney, a year ago on Jan 20th! What happened?????
--
Stony

ink.net...