Your ideal fishing trip

Old December 15th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Philip Goodwin

Default Your ideal fishing trip

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
Warren's thread about best bass trip of '04 started me thinking. What is
your IDEAL bass trip?

I would love to go peacock bass fishing. Those critters look like they could
really make a trip worthwhile.

Phil

Old December 15th, 2004, 10:51 PM
SimRacer

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
Warren's thread about best bass trip of '04 started me thinking. What is
your IDEAL bass trip? I would imagine for some it would be big fish,
others numbers, or location, or spending time with friends.

For me, in order of importance:
1. My ideal trip would have to be shared.

2. The location would have nice scenery with as little evidence of
man as possible.

3. Generally if I could decide one over the other, I'd rather catch 20
small keepers than 2 or 3 larger ones in the same amount of time. UNLESS
one of those large ones was a real trophy!

I'm just a simple country boy, so to me ANY bass fishing trip is ideal;
month, day, and weather bedamned.

But if we're reaching for the stars here, I'd say some lake in Mexico where
fish over 10 lbs are plentiful, or maybe somewhere further South where I
could get a chance at a decent sized Peacock Bass. If that Make-A-Wish stuff
above is too much, I'd settle for tying into a 50+ lb striper down at the
coast here in NC sometime.

Of course if we're talking "dream" dates here, I'd like to find a nice lake,
any lake, full of fish, that hadn't seen a hook in it for 10 years or
so....but was otherwise ecologically sound, of course. We had access to a
lake like that once, got fished only a handful of times every year, by only
a handful of people. The owner died, the lake and surrounding property sold,
and fishermen line the bank day in and day out now. The fishing there has
died considerably since, and hardly any keeper bass are ever caught there
anymore. Back in the day, a *bad* day there was 5 or 6 4-pounders, with a
couple 5+ thrown in for good measure. Not bad for a 20 acre lake/pond.

Old December 16th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Chris S

Ya Charles I'll second that! I would love to fish Lake Champlain for a week.
Give Steve a break this year.

Chris S

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Ok... the NWC is going to have to be on Champlain this year!

Anyone want to second this motion?

Old December 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Chris S" wrote in message
Ya Charles I'll second that! I would love to fish Lake Champlain for a
week.
Give Steve a break this year.

Then it won't be the Northwoods Classic, it would be the Northeast Classic.
I enjoy organizing and hosting the NWC.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com