My new rig is ordered!!!

Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default My new rig is ordered!!!

Take it down to Center Hill and let our old buddy UL try it out for kicks.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Charles B. Summers" charles wrote in message
. ..
Corner better than the Cobra??? No way! And if so... I don't know if I'm
really wanting to find out!

Think about it Charles. This boat has a 102 inch beam and two keels to
carve the water, I think it'll corner like a demon!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Charles B. Summers" wrote:
Corner better than the Cobra??? No way! And if so... I don't know if I'm
really wanting to find out!

Think about it Charles. This boat has a 102 inch beam and two keels to
carve the water, I think it'll corner like a demon!

Is this a fishing boat we're talking about ? I mean
it's startin' to sound like the classic little red
sports car of mid-life crisis fame. LOL ! ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry - paddle power is power enough for me !
Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:34:06 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20.
I'm getting the boat rigged with a fair amount of cool stuff, a Merc 250 XS,
Lenco Trim Tabs, stereo and all the other goodies as well. The list of
goodies is fairly extensive and I'm getting the trailer upgrade as well,
seeing's I put a lot of miles on a trailer.

Congrats Steve!

I don't know too much about this boat...but I do know that
sometimes we get hamstringed in our thinking of what our high
performance fishing boat has to be. People who experiment often run
across a better way of doing things...and I hope thats what you find
here!

BTW, I seen a review of this boat at:
http://www.bassandwalleyeboats.com/output.cfm?id=943291

It appears that this boat has a shallow draft? that might make it
work well with a jet engine setup...especially for guys who run
shallow waters on a regular basis. If you get a chance, see what you
can find out in that area...as it might be a potential market for em'.

The other thing I was thinking was whether many could live
without carpet (ie. commercial fishermen often do, anyone who makes a
real mess in their boat after each outing) and thinking that many
would still want to carpet the predominant areas where you stand to
fish.

Lastly, before you go down to Miami and drive that dual engine
Fast Cat boat that will take you into triple digits...you might just
want to get your pilot's license first...bc that light of a boat just
might lift up and take-off like an airplane!

--
Dwayne E. Cooper, Atty at Law
Indianapolis, IN
Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Awesome Steve, best of luck with your new boat! Say, does Fast Cat have a
website? I know of Basscat but have never heard of fastcat.

Thanks!

Warren

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20. After talking with a couple other boat
manufacturers, as well as other FastCat owners, I've decided to take the
next step and get one of the little rascals.

After talking with Jerry, the president of the company, I am now the
Wisconsin sales rep for Fast Cat Marine and there's talk of more to come

in
the not too distant future!

The FastCat owners that I've talked to have been more than impressed with
the fishability, as well as it's rough water capability. I've been told
that the storage is huge, which I need, and that they're a very

comfortable,
dry riding and FAST boat.

We'll find out more when I get down to Miami later this month to meet with
the owners of the company and to drive these little rascals. There's one
boat down there that has twin 300 hp Merc's on the back and they're going

let me drive it!!! I've been told that they've hit 118 mph with it.

That's
something I've always wanted to do with a boat, drive into the triple

digits
and now I'm going to do it. How cool is that?

I'm getting the boat rigged with a fair amount of cool stuff, a Merc 250

XS,
Lenco Trim Tabs, stereo and all the other goodies as well. The list of
goodies is fairly extensive and I'm getting the trailer upgrade as well,
seeing's I put a lot of miles on a trailer.

With some reservation, I'm putting a MotorGuide 105 pound thrust, 36 volt
trolling motor on it as well, the digital model with depth track, shore
track and that kind of stuff. I don't know if this is a good thing, but

no
one responded here or on the other locations that I posed the question, so

called a couple of service centers for MotorGuide.

The report that I got was that this series of motors is doing very well

but
they all cautioned me that the more complex the motor is, the more likely

it
is to have something go wrong. I knew that before I ever picked up the
phone! Both places said that they haven't been seeing them come in for
repair for the same thing consistently, and that a lot of engineering had
gone into upgrading the systems after MotorGuide bought PinPoint Trolling
Motors. I loved my PinPoints, so hopefully this new TM will be as good or
better.

So now it's fly to Miami, run the boats and see what color I want to have
them build the boat in.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Steve its a veryinteresting boat indeed. You say theres plenty of storage
space, I just cant understand where it could be with the tunnel hull design.

I'd love to take a ride though, sounds like an awesome big water craft.

Warren

news

Old February 4th, 2006, 06:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Now THAT'S funny!

Old February 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
Take it down to Center Hill and let our old buddy UL try it out for kicks.

I thought about it. But Charles would have to come with me! :-)

Old February 4th, 2006, 01:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

. com...
"Charles B. Summers" wrote:
Corner better than the Cobra??? No way! And if so... I don't know if I'm
really wanting to find out!

Think about it Charles. This boat has a 102 inch beam and two keels to
carve the water, I think it'll corner like a demon!

Is this a fishing boat we're talking about ? I mean
it's startin' to sound like the classic little red
sports car of mid-life crisis fame. LOL ! ;-)

Yes, this is a fishing boat we're talking about. And I suppose there might
be a little mid-life crisis involved, but I don't think so. I've always
been a performance nut and a bit of a speed freak. I've always had fast
cars with big engines, I used to race motocross and enduro and I've just
continued that with boats.

But from everything I've heard and read about the boat on other sites, it's
a fishing boat!