Steve Irwin

Old September 8th, 2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

Default Steve Irwin

That was sad news about Steve Irwin.
I remember visiting the Australia Zoo in Queensland years ago, he's quite a
showman.
I'll sure miss him on the Animal Planet network.
fwiw,
-tom

Old September 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
That was sad news about Steve Irwin.
I remember visiting the Australia Zoo in Queensland years ago, he's quite
a showman.
I'll sure miss him on the Animal Planet network.
fwiw,
-tom

Forgot to mention my favorite episode was when Steve and his wife Terri were
hiking to find snakes on a cliff in the outback, and Terri got bit by an 8'
non-posioness snake. They cut the sound, but you can read Terri's lips
giving Steve a mouth full and good ol Steve being the gent he is, taking it
like a man...now that's a married man Mike!
fwiw,
-tom

Old September 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
That was sad news about Steve Irwin.

Sad news indeed...

I enjoyed Steve's enthusiasm and love for animals and the outdoors... The
interview I listened to by his father was painful.

Have a great weekend,
JT

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Tom Nakashima typed:
That was sad news about Steve Irwin.

Yes - sad indeed. The guy was some crazy SOB, but a helluva lot of fun to
watch. My favorite episode was the one on South Park. "Let's see what
happens when I stick my thumb up it's bum."

RIP, Steve.
--
TL,
Tim

Old September 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:27:04 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

That was sad news about Steve Irwin.
I remember visiting the Australia Zoo in Queensland years ago, he's quite a
showman.
I'll sure miss him on the Animal Planet network.
fwiw,
-tom

And the way he bought it sent shivers down my spine: over many years of
visiting Bahaman and Caribbean islands, I can't even count how many times I've
snorkeled over the top of stingrays with only a foot or so of clearance
between my chest and the ray. Some times you just don't see them mudded down
until you're virtually on top of them...

/daytripper (will have that scenario stuck in my head for the next trip)
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stephen Welsh

Tom Nakashima wrote:
That was sad news about Steve Irwin.
I remember visiting the Australia Zoo in Queensland years ago, he's quite a
showman.
I'll sure miss him on the Animal Planet network.
fwiw,
-tom

Sad indeed.
He was very much better known in the US than Aus up untill 2000 or so.
I first learn of him in '99 while in that odd little town in Nevada.

"You're an Ossie? Do you know Steve Irwin? He wrestles crocodiles."
"Eh?"

Amazing what the Discovery channel did for him internationally back
into the 90s.

I saw this interview when it aired back in 2003, it's worth a read of
the transcript, I reckon.
By this time he'd been 'discovered' in Aus.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/...ts/s960998.htm

Steve

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"daytripper" wrote

And the way he bought it sent shivers down my spine: over many years of
visiting Bahaman and Caribbean islands, I can't even count how many times
I've
snorkeled over the top of stingrays with only a foot or so of clearance
between my chest and the ray. Some times you just don't see them mudded
down
until you're virtually on top of them...

you betcha. i am certain he wasn't even baiting the ray. may never
have seen him. just a simple twist of fate, as a great man once said.

yfitons
wayno

/daytripper (will have that scenario stuck in my head for the next trip)

Old September 10th, 2006, 01:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

Nothing much to add except my sorrow.

He was good for wildlife and our planet.
He will be missed!

Sincerely

Fred

Old September 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Tim J." wrote in message
Tom Nakashima typed:
That was sad news about Steve Irwin.

Yes - sad indeed. The guy was some crazy SOB, but a helluva lot of fun to
watch. My favorite episode was the one on South Park. "Let's see what
happens when I stick my thumb up it's bum."

RIP, Steve.
--
TL,
Tim
-------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

My friend and I were in a bar once and Steve was on the tube wrestling
Crocks. There were also three beautiful women in conversation about the man
from down under. They were talking about Steve's energy level and how good
he must be in bed. They wished to have a foursome with him, all three of the
beautiful women and Steve wrestling them naked. Then my friend after a few
drinks blurts out in his Aussi accent: "Xcuse me ladies, did I hear you
taking about my bloody friend Stevie?"
fwiw,
-tom

Old September 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stephen Welsh

Tom Nakashima wrote:

My friend and I were in a bar once and Steve was on the tube wrestling
Crocks. There were also three beautiful women in conversation about the man
from down under. They were talking about Steve's energy level and how good
he must be in bed. They wished to have a foursome with him, all three of the
beautiful women and Steve wrestling them naked. Then my friend after a few
drinks blurts out in his Aussi accent: "Xcuse me ladies, did I hear you
taking about my bloody friend Stevie?"

Nymphing using attractants ... unethical.

;-)

Steve