Fly Names

Old January 31st, 2007, 12:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Da

Default Fly Names

The fly names have confused me for a long time. You could see my flies
at http://www.versacorp.cn . I have read some books about some of
those names. But until today, I have not got very clear about what the
meaning is. So I just try to tie flies as similar as those showed in
the books. I like the flies as anybody else. When I finish a new
pattern I am always feel very happy. But if there is any one ask me
"what do you call your new pattern. I will act as a dumb. Very funny.

Old February 1st, 2007, 06:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Cyli

On 31 Jan 2007 04:10:34 -0800, "Da"
wrote:

The fly names have confused me for a long time. You could see my flies
at http://www.versacorp.cn . I have read some books about some of
those names. But until today, I have not got very clear about what the
meaning is. So I just try to tie flies as similar as those showed in
the books. I like the flies as anybody else. When I finish a new
pattern I am always feel very happy. But if there is any one ask me
"what do you call your new pattern. I will act as a dumb. Very funny.

You are acting as a dumb (dummy, actually, in U.S. language usage) by
posting this stuff in fishing groups. You will justifiably be called
a SPAMmer. Or worse.

This is not a good way to win friends, influence people, nor even to
sell your product.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess.Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old February 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Da

On 2ÔÂ1ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç2ʱ29·Ö, Cyli wrote:
On 31 Jan 2007 04:10:34 -0800, "Da"
wrote:

[...]

Sell my products in the forum? Are you kidding? That is not the reason
I wrote those things. Do you think that you will buy them? We all know
the answer is no. When you visit the website http://www.versacorp.cn
to see those flies. You will find they are very different with yours.
I am writing in this forum just want to see there is anything I could
do to change my patterns a little or I just stick to my pattern. And I
need to know why there are some many rules in flies.I have visited
some website to see those patterns and I have bought 7 books from the
USA to try to know the flies. But only 2 books have reached me. I feel
I need to learn more to keep my pace with yours. One hand, I could
practise my English. On the other way, I could know what are missing
in my patterns. You know, the flies maybe are very common in your
sport fishing but not in China. Once I have decided to log in this
forum, I do not think I could sell them in this column. By the way, I
just want to discuss something in this forum but not to make friends.
We could discuss a pattern in this forum but we are still strangers in
the street.