nc easter bass fishing

Old April 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default nc easter bass fishing

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:09:06 -0400, jeff
wrote:

bring your kayak up and i'll point you in his direction. you measure
him. g

Willi and I saw a bunch in the Everglades, and you did have to watch where
you
were walking (and paddling). They said the only reported 'incident' in the
park
was when a kid hit one on a bike. Here's a 'close up of one. ;-)
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

That's a cool picture. The last time I fished a tournament in Florida on
Lake Okeechobee, I had a 7 footer eat my Zoom SuperFluke. I was using a
flipping stick with 50 lb. PowerPro line and managed to get it up to the
boat three times before it broke off! I don't know what I was going to do
with it at the side of the boat, because I certainly wasn't going to try to
get my fifty cent lure back!

But they sure do fight good! :-)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

jeff wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:

jeff wrote:

Maybe the gator was dead, might explain the smell and it not moving

I can't remember ever smelling a gator that smelled like rotting meat

don't think so...one of his front legs was still wet. but, i don't
know. my first such encounter. it wasn't rotting meat...but a
definite odor that caught my attention.

As cold as it was, he was probably trying to get warm in the sun then,
I bet he could have barely moved since it was so cold

he looked like a sprinter to me! g no doubt he was basking in the
sun. i've no experience with gators...my bet is he was a man eater,
playing possum til i got close enough. g

i wish i'd been more stalwart now that i'm safely home...but at the
time, since i'd already been bloodied by a flounder, i figured i'd
better not test an alligator's patience.

First picture is one swimming next to the kayak on a small pond we were
fishing. I got used to them and comfortable with them swimming around
the kayak. I even had one swim under it. However, I think I would have
freaked if I had tipped the kayak.

The second picture is of a salt Croc. Now those you have to be a bit
more concerned about. Charlie probably has a much better picture using
one of his big close up lens.

Willi

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	236
Old April 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:45:35 -0600, Willi wrote:

Charlie probably has a much better picture using
one of his big close up lens.

Here's one of the croc. The only time I got nervous around the gators was when I
almost paddled into one at the takeout at 9 Mile Pond, although I did try and
keep track of where they were while we were paddling. ;-)
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Old April 10th, 2007, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:45:35 -0600, Willi wrote:

Charlie probably has a much better picture using
one of his big close up lens.

Here's one of the croc. The only time I got nervous around the gators was
when I
almost paddled into one at the takeout at 9 Mile Pond, although I did try
and
keep track of where they were while we were paddling. ;-)

Those things are just incredibly mean looking! If ever a creature looked
like it could cheerfully eat a human, it would be a croc, even moreso than
an alligator in my estimation.

Old April 10th, 2007, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Willi wrote:

First picture is one swimming next to the kayak on a small pond we were
fishing. I got used to them and comfortable with them swimming around
the kayak. I even had one swim under it. However, I think I would have
freaked if I had tipped the kayak.

The second picture is of a salt Croc. Now those you have to be a bit
more concerned about. Charlie probably has a much better picture using
one of his big close up lens.

Willi

neat photos... where were they taken?

there is simply no way i'm going to kayak around gators, much less a
croc. i don't think i'd have a problem with gators as long as i'm in a
proper boat. i think crocs are best viewed on film from the relative
safety of a theater seat. kayaking around them? yikes!

jeff
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:32:15 -0400, jeff wrote:

neat photos... where were they taken?

Everglades NP

there is simply no way i'm going to kayak around gators, much less a
croc. i don't think i'd have a problem with gators as long as i'm in a
proper boat.

Here's Willi with a nice cichlid on. IIRC there were a couple of gators about 20
yards away to the right of the picture.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com