Price of Fishing Reels

Old September 27th, 2003, 07:20 PM
The RodMaker

Default Price of Fishing Rods(long)

Do to some economic issue's , Millennium Rods has been offline for some
time. And as things stand we will be till the 1st of the year.

Anyone can contact me privately with questions regarding our line. Would
like to point out that as soon as some things get turned around for us . a
much improved line
up has been developed.
Sorry to say for those here that the biggest area to improve is our flyrod
line.

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
"Dark Knight" wrote in message
Not ask a stupid question, but...

What is the Millennium Rods website? How does one get a listing of Dave's
rod options?

I've been looking at working with Daniel Sturgis from Backwoods Rods here

in
Canada on a custom line for use by Innovative's staff and pro's, but was
really impressed with Dave's "long answer", and am thinking that I'd like

learn more.

DK

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot) wrote

in
message ...

I however give each client the "option" as to how their rod will look.

We
go
into some rather detailed decorative effects.

At MCR ,we believe that we are building rods that will "last" a

lifetime.
That is why we provide a lifetime warranty with each rod.

These are two of the MAJOR reasons why I contacted Dave to build me a

couple
of rods. Hopefully, my son will enjoy fishing as much as I do and I can

pass
these on to him. After all... they were personally made for his daddy,

and
maybe he'll respect that when he's an adult.

Old September 27th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Thundercat

Default Price of Fishing Rods

I'll have you know that my $365 reel is mounted on a $250 rod (Loomis), $270
reel on a $350 rod (custom), $155 reel on a $290 rod (custom) and my other
$155 reel on a $85 rod (St Croix). My last decent reel is patiently waiting
for me to give it a new home. If anyone wants to donate a quality rod to my
cause, my Chronarch SF would be very grateful... g

Now I must delete this post before SWMBO see it. She is still basically
unaware of how much all of my goodies cost.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Rogue Bass Fishing Club

"The RodMaker" wrote in message
So, what motivates you to buy a rod? And Charles, you have two MCR rods.

Why
?

Again , why will someone spend several hundred dollars on a reel . And

then
buy a $69.00 rod for it?

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods

feel
everything with the rod. The more sensitive the rod is, the more you'll

be
able to feel.

"Dark Knight" wrote in message
Evening Dave,

Truth be told, I find that the quality of the rod depends on what I

intend
to do with it. I can't see spending more than $125 on a cranking rod,

yet
doubt that I'll ever spend less that $100 on a good jigging stick

again.
don't need high modulus graphite on a bucktail rod, but you can be

sure
that's what I'm looking for if I'm using a Lindy rig.

Does this help, or are you looking for even more detailed information?

DK

"The RodMaker" wrote in message
Okay , so we have seen that some are willing to spend hundreds on

their
reels.

How bout the rods you buy & why? Please think about your answers,

you'll
actually be helping us out.

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods

"Dark Knight" wrote in message
Morning Folks,

Kind of an impromptu survey...
snip

Old September 27th, 2003, 10:21 PM
The RodMaker

Ok, Harry 1st it's nice to see you posting)
But what motivated you to spend that kind of money on your goodies?

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods
et...

Old September 28th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Thundercat

"The RodMaker" wrote in message

Ok, Harry 1st it's nice to see you posting)
But what motivated you to spend that kind of money on your goodies?

snip incriminating evidence

I like nice things?

All kidding aside, I am one of those people that will pay a bit more for
quality things. Although a Curado / St Croix Premier combo would do the same
job, it will not do it at the same comfort level, reliability level and
sensitivity level. The pricier "quality" reels are usually built to tighter
tolerances, have more features that are useful, and they just plain feel
more dang refined when you use them. I am willing to pay for that. I am also
willing to pay for a rod that will do exactly what I want it to do. I am not
willing to pay those prices for something that just "comes close" to what I
want it to do. This is why you will probably never see me buy a rod much
over $100 off the rack unless it is exactly what I am looking for. This is
why I scrape and save for 6 months at a time in order to have a rod built
for me that does do exactly what I want it to do.

I don't expect many other people to feel the same as I do about fishing
tackle, and I don't knock anyone that doesn't feel the same way. This is one
of the reasons that fishing has got to be one of the best recreational
activities bar none! You don't have to go out and buy tons of expensive
equipment to do it and enjoy it.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...